Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

After watching screen junkies discussion about the

, I decided to check out MacGruber. I was not disappointed at all. It started a little slow, but once it got going it never stopped. The most awesome dumb comedy I've seen in quite some time. I can't wait to see this with a group of friends.

I love MacGruber. I can't believe reading about how bad it was when it first came out.

Just got back from seeing Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It was pretty good for a sci-fi action movie, and I would say it met my expectations, but it didn't quite surpass them either. It was very well directed for an action movie (especially the long-take near the end that reminded me a bit of Children of Men). Gary Oldman also gave a really great performance (but that was to be expected of course). I'd probably give the movie a 7/10. Didn't surprise or amaze me, but it was solid entertainment and I'm sure a bit better than Transformers 4 (which I haven't seen but can imagine what it's like based off past examples).

After watching screen junkies discussion about the craziest cult movies, I decided to check out MacGruber. I was not disappointed at all. It started a little slow, but once it got going it never stopped. The most awesome dumb comedy I've seen in quite some time. I can't wait to see this with a group of friends.

Best sex scene ever :)

I love MacGruber. I can't believe reading about how bad it was when it first came out.

Yeah, normally I wouldn't check something outhat was so universally panned by the public and critics a like, but now that I have seen the movie I wonder how many of the people who rated it actually saw the movie. It's hilarious.

Best sex scene ever :)

I still slightly prefer the sex scenes from the Room :p

Tropa de Elite is a very good movie in its own right (haven't seen the sequel), but it's not in the same league as Cidade de Deus imo. Still well worth a watch of course, but I would say that Cidade de Deus is a better movie across all boards.

It's been a few years since I've seen them, but I'm inclined to agree that City of God is the best movie out of all of them. I don't recall enough to say whether it's a league above Elite Squad but that sounds likely. City of God was a more unique story and the twists and turns made it all the more original and entertaining. Elite Squad is a brutal police action movie with some twists as well but nothing that you really haven't seen before. Elite Squad's sequel is basically more of the same.

My favorite part of the movie is the way they captured the feel and flavor of Rio de Janeiro. I've watched foreign movies before but when I saw City of God for the first time, I really felt like my movie viewing experience had been very narrow and that there was a world of cinematic experiences that I was missing out on.

I watched Her by Spike Jones, massively disappointing. Good soundtrack though.

I watched it Tuesday and had the exact same reaction. It probably suffered in my opinion because I had such high expectations for it after having heard how brilliant it is for the past five months. It was well done, but far from groundbreaking as I was led to believe.

I loved it!

I just didn't buy the romance between Pheonix and the OS, and I can't put my finger on why that is. I should normally like that movie, but for some reason I felt quite disconnected from it.

I liked Amy Adams though, then again, I like her in everything. Except perhaps Man of Steel.

I watched it Tuesday and had the exact same reactionfive months. It was well done, but far from groundbreaking as I was led to believe.

I wasn't even expecting that much! It fell flat on me and when I have zero connection with the characters, I usually can't enjoy the film.

I watched the Veronica Mars movie tonight... not good. Super cheesy and the production qualities were about the same as the tv show. I must have missed it, but why did it take her ten years to become a lawyer? Does not compute. James Franco's cameo was by far the best thing about it. I also enjoyed the reference about That Mitchell and Webb Look, Bell's scene with her husband, and that moment of realization that Schmidt was in VM.

I recently finished watching the first two seasons of Vikings, and I've recently started watching Ricky Gervais' The Office; I've just started on its second season. Over the past month or two I've been watching a lot of western films, as well. Some of my favourites include the renowned Eastwood Dollars trilogy, Death Rides a Horse starring Lee Van Cleef, Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider, and Broken Arrow starring James Stewart.

I recently finished watching the first two seasons of Vikings, and I've recently started watching Ricky Gervais' The Office; I've just started on its second season. Over the past month or two I've been watching a lot of western films, as well. Some of my favourites include the renowned Eastwood Dollars trilogy, Death Rides a Horse starring Lee Van Cleef, Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider, and Broken Arrow starring James Stewart.

If you haven't seen The Outlaw Josey Wales or Unforgiven I highly recommend them. They areboth great.

I also really liked the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. And Tombstone will always be a favorite of mine because Val Kilmer totally killed it as Doc Holliday.

Finally got around to watching S1 of Breaking Bad this weekend (second attempt). It took a long time for me to care about anyone in the show. Plus it just seemed a bit...slow to get going. But I do really enjoy the Science! element. Incredibly I have managed to avoid spoilers somehow so I'll just plunge into S2 starting today.

Finally got around to watching S1 of Breaking Bad this weekend (second attempt). It took a long time for me to care about anyone in the show. Plus it just seemed a bit...slow to get going. But I do really enjoy the Science! element. Incredibly I have managed to avoid spoilers somehow so I'll just plunge into S2 starting today.

Season 1 is definitely the slowest to get going, but season 2 is my favourite (even though many don't like it that much). I hope you enjoy it. Seasons 3-4 are also really fast-paced and exciting, so the pace definitely picks up as the show goes on.

If you haven't seen The Outlaw Josey Wales or Unforgiven I highly recommend them. They areboth great.

I also really liked the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. And Tombstone will always be a favorite of mine because Val Kilmer totally killed it as Doc Holliday.

Both good, also High plains drifter, which maybe my favourite

Archived