Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

Finished Band of Brothers: Pacific. I think by the end of the series, I only remembered 4 of the characters so it didn't really feel like a story of a band of brothers. The first one captured the camaraderie much better and was just flat out better all around. The story of John Basilone was the best part of the series.

I read 'Helmet for my Pillow' some time ago and I didn't feel like it had much gravity to it and perhaps not the best source material for a war film. I do recall that book mentioning a defining part of the Battle of Okinawa and Iwo Jima as being 'muddy'. That didn't connect with me until watching it on TV and visually realizing what a complete shitshow it was.

Watching Long Way Round, Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's travel documentary. Pretty cool stuff.

I had a lot of fun watching that. Pity we didn't get more episodes out of that.

8 episodes in to American Horror Story Murderhouse. Spooky and weird. After hemlock grove and penny dreadful I needed to get my gothic horror TV fix from somewhere :P

Unfortunately the 2nd and 3rd seasons of AHS had a huge drop in quality imo.

Just watched Peter's transformation episode in Hemlock Grove. Very awesome effects!

(maybe put that in spoilers) I fucking LOVED that werewolf transformation; it's soooo inspired by the company of wolves though, seeeeriously. Which isn't a bad thing! The company of wolves is FANTASTIC.

(maybe put that in spoilers) I fucking LOVED that werewolf transformation; it's soooo inspired by the company of wolves though, seeeeriously. Which isn't a bad thing! The company of wolves is FANTASTIC.

Well, I didn't say "werewolf transformation. " LOL! :D

I had a lot of fun watching that. Pity we didn't get more episodes out of that.

Well there is Long Way Down, their journey from Scotland to South Africa, if you haven't watched that :). I'm gonna watch it after I'm done with the first series.

Just watched Anchorman II. It's awful, a complete cashgrab. I'm not a big fan of Will Ferrell, but the first Anchorman is one of my favorite comedies ever. The second one is just an utter piece of shit. All people involved should be ashamed of themselves. It's a miracle that I even finished the damn thing.

Just watched Anchorman II. It's awful, a complete cashgrab. I'm not a big fan of Will Ferrell, but the first Anchorman is one of my favorite comedies ever. The second one is just an utter piece of shit. All people involved should be ashamed of themselves. It's a miracle that I even finished the damn thing.

Like most comedy sequels, it made the mistake of repeating all the well-recieved jokes from the first one, and completely overdid it.

Archived