King Robert Baratheon, an underrated king?

I don't think that he tried to approach Cersei. At least, I don't remember reading that. But I do remember reading that the day Cersei conceived Joffrey, Robert was f **** with another woman. Or that he hit her(on more than one occasion).

I'm not trying to justify Cersei. That, never. But I can't understand people who claim that the fact that the marriage between them was terrible was 100% fault of Cersei.

Not 100% but surely 70-30. She fucked the marriage before it started... Literally.

I don't think that he tried to approach Cersei. At least, I don't remember reading that. But I do remember reading that the day Cersei conceived Joffrey, Robert was f **** with another woman. Or that he hit her(on more than one occasion).

I'm not trying to justify Cersei. That, never. But I can't understand people who claim that the fact that the marriage between them was terrible was 100% Cersei's fault.

He tried to approach her by inviting her to accompany him. Yes, it may wasn't the right way but he at least tried. Cersei never tried.

Robert was a charismatic leader, he was able to turn enemies to loyal friends who would die by his side.

The Greyjoys disagree.

It’s funny to see people claiming that he should be Tywinlike cruel and had destroyed the Greyjoys but when it comes to the Targs he should had be all lovable and kind and when it comes to Tywin he should be condemned for being cruel.

Amazing strawman. Nobody said that Robert should be Tywinharsh. Only that he should have punished the Greyjoys accordingly to their crimes.

Robert gets all the blame for killing Rhaegar and for what Tywin did which is completely and utterly

Sorry what? Robert did kill Rhaegar, are you denying that? And nobody here is justifying the sack of KL.

The Sworn Sword, I guess. Lost in Translation... ;)

Thank you!

yep. "The Sworn Sword" translates as "La espada juramentada" but the book was sold as "La espada leal" in Spain.

Anyway, that book shows summers and springs can suck to.

I see, sorry for the confusion. In Greece it was called "Το Ορκισμένο Σπαθί" which means "The sworn sword". But you are right, the summer had caused drought and Chequy Water was precious to both Webber's and Osgrey's plantations. So, a prolonged summer is not always good for the harvests and being the King during such time isn't easy.

She remembered RObert asking her many times to go hunting with him. She declined so she could stay with Jaime.

Robert tried, people will say that he did it in a wrong way, but he tried, Cersei never did the same. I will say that she wouldn't have tried even if she had married Rhaegar and he proved to be the real him not the romanticized him.

I don't care about Robert's habits or anything else, i started liking him after i heard the story of Joff and kittens - Joff cuts out the kittens from their mother's body and gives them to Robert and Robert gets really angry and hits Joff.

According to Cersei it was just a mischief with a cat.

Shitty king but at least he did the realm a favor by killing Rhaegar, that guy would of been even more out of touch than Robert..

he would have done the realm an even greater favour if it was cersei and joffery that he killed. Well at least he slapped the hell outta both of them.

I don't care about Robert's habits or anything else, i started liking him after i heard the story of Joff and kittens - Joff cuts out the kittens from their mother's body and gives them to Robert and Robert gets really angry and hits Joff.

Well, that might have earned Joff some choice words shouted at the top of Bob's voice, or maybe a spanking, but according to Stannis he beat the boy bloody, which is just a silly overreaction. Robert wasn't a good father, to Joffrey at least.

Things were great when Robert was king, things went to shit when he died

I think that pretty much speaks for itself

Agree.

More like Jon Arryn a great hand of the king and that stupid House Tully messed things up as usual

House Tully? You mean Lysa et others?

Archived