HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

It only makes no sense to you because you let your biased hate get in the way. Didn't Sam clearly say in S3 that it was the Watch's duty to protect the realm? Are they just going to let deserters live out like kings sacrificing babies to the Others while raping Craster's wives? They killed the Lord Commander, they've taken women, they're serving the enemy, and if the wildlings find them they might spill all they need to know of the Wall's defenses in exchange of their lives (if they're that lucky). Jon and the Watch have a handful of reasons to go there and wipe them out. It'll also set an example to the other brothers that even under the threat of war, you don't let shit like that pass. You don't desert your brothers and kill your commander. Oh also, the wildlings won't attack until Mance gives the signal. They're attacking from the south in episode 9. That obviously gives Jon and the Watch a bit of time to plan other things...

I'm not denying that it's a noble cause, and I suppose it's not out of character for Jon to make the decision. But it's still very idiotic. What good is saving a few people if your order is going to be potentially destroyed as a result and as such unable to save anyone else?

I don't think the blood/ scratches have anything to do with reek. ramsay has a few scratches but is mostly covered in someone else's blood. it is more likely myranda has an altercation with ramsay that leads to him killing her and getting scratched a bit. Plus why would he have his shirt off while reek is shaving his face, plus I do not see him making any attempts to kill him, goes against his new reek nature. I do think we will get a scene of him shaving ramsay showing he is now his servant, but I don't think it connects to that scene.

I'm not denying that it's a noble cause, and I suppose it's not out of character for Jon to make the decision. But it's still very idiotic. What good is saving a few people if your order is going to be potentially destroyed as a result and as such unable to save anyone else?

I refreshed just on time. Well, Jon does feel unwelcome at CB. And he probably feels guilty for 'betraying' the Watch (though we all know he didn't) so he'll probably go on this suicide mission which very well could go wrong or has potential to go wrong, to clear his conscience and win the respect of his brothers or at the very least of Alliser. Perhaps even Alliser/Slynt send him on this suicide mission, replacing the one during the battle where they send him to treat with Mance. This suicide mission could also be instrumental in convincing the Watch (if it is a success) that Jon is a viable candidate for leadership, so it'll be easier to choose him in the finale. It makes more sense than making him leader for something he did only in the pen-ultimate episode. It'll be a case of both. Him winning the Watch's trust back after his suicide mission (which will be a success, I bet), and him leading the battle.

I refreshed just on time. Well, Jon does feel unwelcome at CB. And he probably feels guilty for 'betraying' the Watch (though we all know he didn't) so he'll probably go on this suicide mission which very well could go wrong or has potential to go wrong, to clear his conscience and win the respect of his brothers or at the very least of Alliser. Perhaps even Alliser/Slynt send him on this suicide mission, replacing the one during the battle where they send him to treat with Mance. This suicide mission could also be instrumental in convincing the Watch (if it is a success) that Jon is a viable candidate for leadership, so it'll be easier to choose him in the finale. It makes more sense than making him leader for something he did only in the pen-ultimate episode. It'll be a case of both. Him winning the Watch's trust back after his suicide mission (which will be a success, I bet), and him leading the battle.

This makes a lot of sense to me. Whether you agree with the strategy you can at least see how it makes sense from Allister's/Slynt's perspective to send Jon out there. On the other hand if Allister/Slynt were trying to send Jon on a suicide mission would they allow him to recruit other brothers? I think maybe Allister/Slynt will bring Jon's loyalty into question, and out of a desire to rescue his brothers, eliminate the Rast threat, and demonstrate his loyalty to Night's Watch he goes on the mission.

So yeah, if the show makes unrealistic choices in its adaptation of the rest of the battles, sword fights, etc. (which is why I think Oberyn can have all the fancy lance moves that he wants on the show because at some point things that look cool have some worth as well). The one thing people liked about the Phantom Menace was the lightsaber fight and that stuff was weird and unrealistic as hell.

Well said, Beric175.

It’s interesting to see who HBO emphasizes as being in the first group of series regulars - the obvious ruling families of King’s Landing and Winterfell, and Dany. But also Olenna rather than her queen-to-be granddaughter Margaery, and 10-minutes-last-season Littlefinger as opposed to the likes of Samwell /Theon/Davos who are both POV characters and more than doubled the screentime of Littlefinger.

A non book reader might gather that Olenna and Littlefinger have esp important roles to play this season.

Well, don't Olenna and LF still have important stuff to do? Actually, that would in fact mean that they have conveyed the importance of these characters if non-readers think they're important characters (because they are).

NB: is it me or does Roose look rather awesome with the beard?

Well, don't Olenna and LF still have important stuff to do? Actually, that would in fact mean that they have conveyed the importance of these characters if non-readers think they're important characters (because they are).

NB: is it me or does Roose look rather awesome with the beard?

Well in the books Olenna goes home shortly after the Purple Wedding. So invented material aside there's really nothing left for her to do. Really she doesn't do very much aside from snark. Her most important role is implicitly orchestrating Joffrey's death. I'm really worried they'll overdo her. They're already pushing it in S3.

It’s interesting to see who HBO emphasizes as being in the first group of series regulars - the obvious ruling families of King’s Landing and Winterfell, and Dany. But also Olenna rather than her queen-to-be granddaughter Margaery, and 10-minutes-last-season Littlefinger as opposed to the likes of Samwell /Theon/Davos who are both POV characters and more than doubled the screentime of Littlefinger.

A non book reader might gather that Olenna and Littlefinger have esp important roles to play this season.

They just broke it into 2 paragraphs because there's so many. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah, they've got this shot of Tyrion being fired out of a catapult at the walls of Meereen. Drogon then catches him in mid-air and all 3 dragons rip off his appendages until "You Shook Me All Night Long" plays over the end credits. Should be a good season, looking forward to seeing where they go with it...

She's in AFFC, she arranges the Tommen marriage. She's a key player in the game.

She leaves pretty shortly in AFFC. She's obviously a key player, but she's very behind the scenes. We don't see her doing much, and after Joff's wedding she's done all of her scheming (that we know of). I do agree with keeping her around, but they need to tone her down a bit.

He's obviously referring to Tyrion doing his famous backflip.

Worst deviation from the books by far, everything else pales in comparison. That scene was so well-written in the books. It completely changes Tyrion's character to have removed it, it's like he's not even the same guy at all!!! D&D hate Tyrion, why else would they have removed one of his coolest moments?

Archived