HBO Releases First Four Episode Titles

Westeros

I'd agree that they could streamline that story line and go straight to the Eyrie, but since the season will most likely end with Only Cat, they don't really have to condense Sansa's story. Plus, like I said, they have built Littlefinger up so much, and the scene at the Fingers gives some real insight to his character and how far his ambition goes. Otherwise you have Sansa at the Eyrie at episode 4 and you're in the same spot: how do we stretch this story out for the rest of the season? So I think there's a good chance we'll see the Fingers.

Sophie Turner and Aidan Gillen were filming in Iceland, so I expect we're getting some version of the Fingers, perhaps mixed with a traveling scene or two. The actual wedding and possibly meeting Lysa I suspect will be moved to the Eyrie, since we know Royce and Waynwood are showing up this season, and that's the most obvious place to see them.

Also, Battle at Castle Black/The Wall is already confirmed for episode 9.

The Battle for the Wall , the attack by Mance's main forces from the north is definitely confirmed.

The Assault on CB from the south can only be inferred... tho that my guess too , tho the NW must have gotten reinforcement , well at least a modest amount at this point.

Now I don't keep any formal file on this, but I could swear , over the last year we had a report last season that there was footage shot of Tormund and Ygritte reporting back to Mance that Jon has spoiled the surprise attack, or something like that.

(Gad , I guess they left ropes and could go back over the Wall , up and down, what an effort!)

Anyway that's what I remember reading, but I may be mis-remembering.

I guess that Mance could then decide to send Ygritte and Tormund back but with reinforcements and to coordinate the attack on CB with the main assault from the north. Not in the book, but kind of makes more sense that way.

I don't know , I think D&D like Rose would like to keep her till as long as possible for season 4.

The Battle for the Wall , the attack by Mance's main forces from the north is definitely confirmed.

The Assault on CB from the south can only be inferred... tho that my guess too , tho the NW must have gotten reinforcement , well at least a modest amount at this point.

Now I don't keep any formal file on this, but I could swear , over the last year we had a report last season that there was footage shot of Tormund and Ygritte reporting back to Mance that Jon has spoiled the surprise attack, or something like that.

(Gad , I guess they left ropes and could go back over the Wall , up and down, what an effort!)

Anyway that's what I remember reading, but I may be mis-remembering.

I guess that Mance could then decide to send Ygritte and Tormund back but with reinforcements and to coordinate the attack on CB with the main assault from the north. Not in the book, but kind of makes more sense that way.

I don't know , I think D&D like Rose would like to keep her till as long as possible for season 4.

I think the scene in question is not Ygritte and Tormund reporting back to Mance but meeting up with Styr and the Thenns who have been sent by Mance as reinforcements. I would imagine they wouldn't have Tormund and Ygritte go back over the Wall. They obviously will have to regroup but it's more likely that Styr is bringing some instructions to them from Mance. For some reason, they pillage Moletown later on this season so there's going to be a reason given for this.

Basically, they just have to find a reason to delay this group for a bit until E9 when they attack together with Mance's forces from Beyond the Wall.

So, what is she doing episodes 3-6? The purple wedding happens episode 2. Do we not get Sansa for 4 episodes? Or do you presume she's going to be sailing on a boat for 4 episodes? Also, Lino Faciolo is listed in episode 1 as well. *Shrugs* Listings mean nothing. Especially when they're doing listings for episodes that haven't even come out yet.

Even if I'm wrong about the timeline (which...who cares? That's why we're SPECULATING), I'm CERTAIN it won't take her till episode 7 to reach the Erie.

In episodes 3-6 she will most likely

1) be on the boat with LF and talk to him as she does in the book

2) be in the Fingers and do the same things she does there in the book. It's bizarre that you're asking me if she will be on the boat, when my post was about them going to the Fingers. Why do some fans find the idea of the show following the book rather than making unnecessary changes so incredible?

3) miss some of the episodes. Do you really think that any of the characters will be in every episode?

And if she reaches the Eyrie in episode 3, what will she do there? There's not a lot that happens there before Lysa goes out of the moon door, especially if the wedding happens at the Fingers as it does in the book. They will actually expand the Eyrie scenes by introducing Royce and lady Weynwood, and they need to reintroduce SR, but that's one episode material.

Random users are likely to add actors to episode 1. Episodes 7 and 10 are too specific, especially 7, and are more likely to be added by actor himself or his agency. Lino is listed in episode 1 (obviously random user added), 7 and 10 (probably not).

Remember last year Mance Rayder was listed for 10 episodes for months, IMDB can't be relied upon as a source.

I never said it's reliable, but an actor being listed for episode 7 and 10 doesn't sound like something a random user would do, as opposed to being listed for episode 1, or every episode.

And I am saying that this lends support to the idea that they will first go to the Fingers, as they did in the book - which would have been my default assumption anyway. I don't get why so many people think that it's the default assumption that the show will make all sorts of unnecessary changes, and that the idea that things will go the same way as in the book is so out there and needs to have rock solid proof before it is deemed plausible. :dunno:

And I am saying that this lends support to the idea that they will first go to the Fingers, as they did in the book - which would have been my default assumption anyway. I don't get why so many people think that it's the default assumption that the show will make all sorts of unnecessary changes, and that the idea that things will go the same way as in the book is so out there and needs to have rock solid proof before it is deemed plausible. :dunno:

:agree: Very much this. I feel like there is a bad tendency here to treat potential major deviations (often with little more basis than interview comments taken out of context or seconds of trailer footage) as if they were confirmed fact, when really events usually end up playing out very similar to how they did in the books. I remember last season, people were convinced that they were going to cut Oberyn Martell and have Bronn replace him in the duel against the Mountain; there was also a popular theory before episode 3x07 aired that they were going to cut the PW and that Mel and Gendry were in KL to create a shadow baby which would then kill Joffrey. It got to the point where people were using these assumptions as arguments in other debates, saying things like "Well, since we already know Bronn will replace Oberyn…"

We need to stop assuming the worst of the showrunners. It'll make the speculation for the upcoming season a lot more fun.

Well, that one at least makes a little sense. Since Ramsey was the one advising Theon in Winterfell, and since there was no Reek in season 2.

Yeah, it did make (a little) sense until we realized Ralph Ineson and Michael McElhatton are nearly the same age.

It was an implausible theory but it was only there because the show very clearly had Roose introduce the fact that his bastard was going to retake Winterfell and would encounter Theon by the end of the season and there was no Ramsay cast for that season. The next logical leap was that Ramsay had to be someone already on the show and add that to the fact that in the books, Ramsay was initially in disguise and advising Theon before revealing himself, that seemed to be the only explanation (even though there were plenty of reasons why it didn't make sense if you thought about it).

Who knew that the show was going to keep the entire Ramsay/Theon encounter off-screen and just leave the audience in the dark as to what happened until the following season? That was a pretty tough prediction to make.

Yeah they made a mistake with sack of winterfell it should have been on screen.

Budget problems…the Battle of Blackwater took up a huge portion of S2's budget, I don't think they could afford to show another big-scale event like that in the same season. Also, it made much more casting sense not to show Ramsay until S3 (they would have had to pay the actor a lot more, etc). So it's not really a "mistake," it's an unfortunate but necessary limitation of the medium of television.

They will actually expand the Eyrie scenes by introducing Royce and lady Weynwood, and they need to reintroduce SR, but that's one episode material.

I don't think it would be very hard to get a few episodes out of the Eyrie, particularly since most plotlines outside of King's Landing average about 1 sequence per episode.

Yeah they made a mistake with sack of winterfell it should have been on screen.

Logistical roadblock because they didn't want to cast Ramsay in S2 (I think they had reached their new cast budget and needed to move characters like Ramsay, the Reeds and the Tullys into S3).

But it ended up painting the awesome Theon arc into a corner as a result. In retrospect, they should have not even bothered casting Dagmer and introduced Ramsay (as Reek) instead. But hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Actually, if they didn't want to do the whole Reek bit or cast Ramsay in S2, they should have just bit the bullet and left Theon at Winterfell in the finale with Ramsay's forces remaining outside the walls for the siege and just picked it back up again at the start of S3 with Iwan Rheon there to put a face on the bastard and then he could have stabbed Luwin in betrayal just like he did with Rodrik in the books (since Rodrik was already dead on the show). It would have been a lacklustre cliffhanger for S2 and delayed Bran's story briefly as well but it was a better option than the confusing mess they left in the S2 finale.

One possibility would have just been to do away with the whole Reek disguise entirely. Just have Ser Rodrik capture Ramsay and have him ally with Theon, as Ramsay. Would have gotten rid of a pretty good twist but then the show did that anyway (And in my opinion failed to create a suitably compelling replacement twist/mystery.).

One possibility would have just been to do away with the whole Reek disguise entirely. Just have Ser Rodrik capture Ramsay and have him ally with Theon, as Ramsay. Would have gotten rid of a pretty good twist but then the show did that anyway (And in my opinion failed to create a suitably compelling replacement twist/mystery.).

I think the entire decision came down to not be willing or able to cast Ramsay for S2. If that wasn't a problem, then I imagine they could have done the Reek thing more or less. Reek could have easily worked on TV because it's not like it's a character the audience knows and is trying to disguise himself as someone else. Reek is just Ramsay grubbed up.

Archived