[Spoilers] Official Dark Souls 2 Thread - Prepare to Die... again.

aceluby

Happened every time. You've got maybe 30 seconds to fight the 2nd before the 3rd shows up.

You have to press X/A in front of them. Just walk around the room mashing the button against the walls. Something will open.

A lot of the secret doors are poorly marked. Past games there were visual clues, there was no indication in Bastille. Or the one the Forest. And they're inconsitent in how you open them.

I actually like that... just means more secrets will be found out later

Interesting. I cannot imagine killing one of them in 30 seconds so for me it's fairly academic.

I pumped a few great soul arrows right away taking about 1/2 the damage out before jumping up to my ledge. The other one came, but didn't join in the fight until the 2nd one was gone.

Did enough bell keeper invasions to get my Bastard Sword to +10. Got two angry messages in the process.

:lol:

I don't understand people like that. How are you gonna come into a PvP zone and get mad when you get invaded?

Even if you don't know it's a PvP zone, it's Dark Souls. Don't play online if you can't handle invasions.

:lol:

I don't understand people like that. How are you gonna come into a PvP zone and get mad when you get invaded?

Even if you don't know it's a PvP zone, it's Dark Souls. Don't play online if you can't handle invasions.

I play online and I understand and accept that I'm risking invasions, but I don't really like them. I am sometimes in PvP zones because I want to do the PvE objectives there. To my knowledge there are no PvP-only zones -- I'm aware of Belfry Luna, Belfry Sol, and Doors of Pharros as PvP zones, and all three have PvE encounters. Plus you have to go through Doors of Pharros to get to another zone.

I play online and I understand and accept that I'm risking invasions, but I don't really like them. I am sometimes in PvP zones because I want to do the PvE objectives there. To my knowledge there are no PvP-only zones -- I'm aware of Belfry Luna, Belfry Sol, and Doors of Pharros as PvP zones, and all three have PvE encounters. Plus you have to go through Doors of Pharros to get to another zone.

I don't particularly enjoy being invaded either, I'm just saying it's a little ridiculous to be sending invaders hate mail when invasions are a well known part of the game, especially in those particular zones.

Flip side of that being invaders who send angry messages to people who healed during the fight or used "cheap" tactics. Fuck you man, you came into my world uninvited to try and fuck me up. I'm not gonna make this shit easy for you.

Yeah, but it isn't invasions in the Cathedral. It's two covenant members who are looking for a match. It's kind of the equivalent of a red soul sign. You can walk around in there with no worries.

I'm not a big PVP player, but I do like to take on the occasional invader. Outside of the Belfry, I have yet to be invaded.

FWIW I'm in the Blue Scaredycats and I have not been invaded. (I also have not been in either Belfry, but I have not been invaded in the Doors of Pharros.) There are ways to manage the risk, although I dare say I will have to fight a few people when I do go to the Belfries.

Cathedral of Blue has "friendly" PvP-only arenas if that's what you're looking for.

I just looked this up and was blown away that this exists and I didn't find it right away.

Yeah, but it isn't invasions in the Cathedral. It's two covenant members who are looking for a match. It's kind of the equivalent of a red soul sign. You can walk around in there with no worries.

I'm not a big PVP player, but I do like to take on the occasional invader. Outside of the Belfry, I have yet to be invaded.

I think it's supposed to be more akin to the DLC arena from the first game, but I'm hopefully going to check it out tonight. More stuff!

Just spent a while wandering around the Bastille with my Bell Keepers Ring on. No summons. I figured: maybe since that words out on the Titanite Chunks, everyones just trying to invade now. So I went into the Belfry to wait. No invasions. :angry2: So I killed their stupid Gargoyles. Jerks!

Is this the huge

scorpion guy?

He can help you with the boss fight, but that's all, and the fight is not really that hard anyway. You can't even talk to him without the ring from the cat merchant in Majula, either. If that's the guy you mean don't sweat it.

Yes that's him, I was trying to kill nothing that wouldn't chase me first--but I guess I broke that rule and assumed he would attack me first. To hell with it, I'm going back and killing all those white knights now.

Archived