[Spoilers] Official Dark Souls 2 Thread - Prepare to Die... again.

aceluby

Ok nice, i just tried the boss again and at first i was like OMG it's the easiest thing in the game since i beat all 3 big skeletons in 3 hits each but it's the little skeletons that are hard, they all attack at the same time and killed me before i killed them all. It's still pretty much the easiest boss though.

Edit : I beat them quite easily this time and bought some titanite shards from the stone merchant. The big creatures in that place are extremely strong oO. I'm gonna start searching for that gyrm merchant now.

I found him and sold him for 13000 souls of equipments and i only sold doubles.

I'm currently in The Gutter. I hate this place...so much :crying:

Your advice on getting back to Lost Sinner after dying was helpful, thanks :)

I keep on getting blown up by the mummies if I just run through the level... lame...

Try to time your sprints. I sprint a bit when I'm passing the side chambers with the big guys, and I sprint as I pass the mummy by the right stairwell. After that I just sprint whenever I have stamina.

I didn't think my micromanagement of it was necessary, but I always do it that way and I have a 100% success rate.

If you guys die towards the end of a zone, do you just run back to your body or do you try to fight your way all the way back? The most frustrating thing for me is when I have a bunch of souls, die towards the end of a zone then die on my way back and lose them all.

It depends on the zone. I usually fight back unless I'm just trying to get to a boss fight. Otherwise you tend to end up with world+dog after you. Some levels are good about letting you run through, others not so much. You can blitz through the first "side" of No Man's Wharf pretty easily.

It depends on the zone. I usually fight back unless I'm just trying to get to a boss fight. Otherwise you tend to end up with world+dog after you. Some levels are good about letting you run through, others not so much. You can blitz through the first "side" of No Man's Wharf pretty easily.

Good to know. That's where I'm at right now. I accidentally fell off the side of one of the pier type bridges just outside of the big ship and got so annoyed that I didn't feel like fighting my way through again. Those stupid 4 legged things that bite and bleed you are so annoying. I need to raise up my attunement so I can carry more offensive spells with my heals so I'm not using my mace all the time.

Quick guidance for that run:

Fight nothing. Sprint wherever there are enemies. Run across the bridge over the pit and over to the docks (keep a shield up to catch arrows and watch out for the melee guy). When you get to the torch area sprint straight up the stairs to the top and turn right. Take the left at the end up to the blackclaws' area. Run past all that shit and that horrifying monster house. Go in the building at the end, up the stairs and out the door. Turn left to head towards the bell. Run off to the platform below and then drop down one level at a time. You should make it without a scratch every time.

This run is easy if you've

activated the Pharros contraption on the middle level, flooding the level with light; this will cause the blackclaws to cower in the buildings.

I don't know if this is hard if you haven't done that.

Once you're there, to avoid having a bad time at the ship,

watch out because there are three enemies, and if you don't kill them they'll ambush you from behind.

Two are hanging on the side of the docks as you get on them. You can stand in front of them one at a time as they climb up, and hit them once to knock them to their deaths. The last guy is in the water directly across from them and is easily dispatched by plunging down. Kill them before you get on the ship.

Thanks. I can do the run (good to know I don't actually have to fight and I did the Pharos contraption but didn't realize what it did). I know the way but what got me was the guys ambushing me from behind on the docks (didn't know where they came from). I can kill them but I accidentally went wild because I wasn't expecting it and ended up falling off the docks which is death :( Got frustrated and gave up for the night since I had fought my way through that zone a few times already (stupid monsters kept killing me when I tried to get back in the house for Gavlan only to finally get in and realize he was no longer there...that and the poison from breaking the urns).

Btw, do we need spoiler tags? It does say Spoilers on the thread heading.

Those stupid 4 legged things that bite and bleed you are so annoying.

Light your torch, they try to hide from the light. But kill them quickly because they will get over it and go berserk on you if you take too long about it.

Edit: nevermind, since you already used the Pharros Stone.

Did you find the shortcut?

Yes Gavlan will buy items from you, he's the only person who does this. He moves to a new zone after you talk to him, you'll find him again later on. Putting the name of the zone in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to know.

Harvest Valley

Can enemies take out NPC's in this game? I spoke to Gavlan the second time and then promptly was killed by an enemy I didn't know was following me. When I ran back there he was gone. I'm hoping he just moved on but worried he was killed. There was no drop.

what got me was the guys ambushing me

Yes, that frustrated me too. I went to the trouble of pointing them out specifically because they pissed me off so much.

Btw, do we need spoiler tags? It does say Spoilers on the thread heading.

Unequivocally yes. Most of us haven't finished the game, and may want help on specific parts without risking spoiling other stuff. Anyone who doesn't care about other people's experiences getting ruined because they can't take the four seconds to write a [spoiler] tag or the one second to click a button can eat shit.

I feel strongly enough about this that I made a comment about it in the regular video games thread. Not using them is the height of selfishness.

Shortcut is in

the middle level, the house with the sleeping guys in it. It opens from the other side in the multi story house by the docks.

I thought it was useful only for getting out afterward as it requires fighting through some of the most annoying areas in the zone. I'd rather just do Death Race 2000.

Unequivocally yes. Most of us haven't finished the game, and may want help on specific parts without risking spoiling other stuff. Anyone who doesn't care about other people's experiences getting ruined because they can't take the four seconds to write a

tag or the one second to click a button can eat shit.

I feel strongly enough about this that I made a comment about it in the regular video games thread. Not using them is the height of selfishness.

Fair play sir.

I thought it was useful only for getting out afterward as it requires fighting through some of the most annoying areas in the zone. I'd rather just do Death Race 2000.

Hmm. I'll probably just death race it as well. I know the way fairly well given how many times I've cleared most of the zone. I'll try it when I get home from work tonight.

I just fought my way through. But, again, I was a little overleveled for the area. Once you learn where all the enemies are hiding it's pretty easy.

The boss wasn't an issue.

I'm level 40 I think atm. I can clear it, I'm just feeling lazy now that I've done it a few times :)

on the level with the pirate ship there's a house with insectoid monkeys in it and there was a merchant big guy on the second floor

Well damn... I killed that guy without realising he was a merchant.

I saw a big, scary looking guy with a couple of axes through the window from outside the house. I thought "ya know... I reckon I can take him out with arrows from here."

Bugger.

Archived