NFL 2014 Offseason: free agent frenzy winds down

DanteGabriel

Seattle's offer was 2 years, 6m year apparently. Which is pretty low. The good news for that contract is that eh could in theory get a bigger one later, but it wasn't very good - and it was also clear he was going to be in a rotation.

I suspect also that his family wasn't sold on Seattle and wanted the midwest life.

Jay Cutler restructuring his contract basically enabled this. Which is pretty hot.

Weird, I've never once heard of them getting that call wrong. But I don't guess anybody would be able to tell anyway if they did get it wrong. From tv angles, good kicks look 10 feet out to me sometimes and vice versa

Yeah, those cameras that they have on some broadcasts (I'm not sure if they're mounted on the top of the verticals) almost always make those high kicks look like they miss outside to me. I don't know if that's just a trick of the lense or just my lousy depth perception or what.

Weird, I've never once heard of them getting that call wrong. But I don't guess anybody would be able to tell anyway if they did get it wrong. From tv angles, good kicks look 10 feet out to me sometimes and vice versa

It is sour grapes on Belichick's part. I don't know if other teams also proposed the rule as well, but Belichick proposed this. There was a Pats-Ravens game in 2012 where the Ravens beat the Pats on a field goal that went above the upright. Belichick was pretty steamed about it and chased down the refs -- I think he at least wanted more deliberation before they called it good. So if the goalposts had been five feet higher that day, theoretically the kick would have hit the upright, and then, who knows, maybe it bounces out instead of through.

The Ravens' kicker has been tweeting about it... Some are calling it the "Tucker Rule."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760807/tucker-chimes-in-on-goal-post-switch

The Pats-Ravens game is the only one I recall, but its also one of those things where why NOT make it an easier call? As kickers get better their legs are stronger and you are more likely to get close calls like that. Even if ONE or two games a year are decided that way, why NOT invest the money into making the game more accurate?

First I was hearing the Browns thought Bortles would talk to them with their second first round pick and they would take Sammy Watkins with the first pick. Now I'm hearing they'll take Manziel if he's there and trade the other pick. I just don't know what the fuck they're doing.

First I was hearing the Browns thought Bortles would talk to them with their second first round pick and they would take Sammy Watkins with the first pick. Now I'm hearing they'll take Manziel if he's there and trade the other pick. I just don't know what the fuck they're doing.

I don't think you have to worry about Manziel being there anymore.

Archived