Sansa and Harry's marriage.

Northernmonkey

Eh, I wouldn't put much stock in the 2 cups of sweetsleep. The maester genuinely cares for sweetrobin, he's the one distributing the medicine, and he seems to be very cautious about doing it. When Sansa says to give him 2 cups, his reaction is "Okay, but this is the last time for a long while!" and not "Oh gods don't do that he'll die!" He's been competent enough to keep the kid alive so far and he knows the boy's condition very well. Maester's going to trust his medical judgement to keep his lord alive more than the requests of some teenage bastard kid.

:agree:

Eh, I wouldn't put much stock in the 2 cups of sweetsleep. The maester genuinely cares for sweetrobin, he's the one distributing the medicine, and he seems to be very cautious about doing it. When Sansa says to give him 2 cups, his reaction is "Okay, but this is the last time for a long while!" and not "Oh gods don't do that he'll die!" He's been competent enough to keep the kid alive so far and he knows the boy's condition very well. Maester's going to trust his medical judgement to keep his lord alive more than the requests of some teenage bastard kid.

Colemon didnt want to give SR one more cup the night before they left the Eyrie. So he's already gone one cup past his 'medical judgement' on Sansa's say-so. Im inclined to give appropriate weight to the 3/4 of a page where the two of them discuss SR's sweetsleep. The maester serves the author most of all. If the plot demands a second cup be SR's death, it will surely happen.

You would think the lords of the Vale might realize what is going on if the young, healthy lord of the Vale dies all of the sudden and Littlefinger swoops in to marry his widow.

Harry's death would be 'accidental' like Roberts. LF wouldnt be so crass as to swoop in right away. He expects Sansa to remain his pawn, so he doesnt need to. After unveiling Alayne as Sansa, he'll have already established himself as her protector, which will explain their continued close relationship, courtship, and eventual marriage.

Harry's death would be 'accidental' like Roberts. LF wouldnt be so crass as to swoop in right away. He expects Sansa to remain his pawn, so he doesnt need to. After unveiling Alayne as Sansa, he'll have already established himself as her protector, which will explain their continued close relationship, courtship, and eventual marriage.

Adding a little more to this. LF has spent his whole adult life obsessing over Catelyn Stark, whom he lost to Brandon Stark. Now LF has the next best thing, Sansa, to fufill his Cat obsession. I don't think LF will just willingly hand over his Cat replacement to another warrior type, even if his better judgement dictates that he should.

The marriage is not going to happen. Besides, if it is at all, it will have to be Sansa, the high septon would have to consent unless Tyron is declared dead. Marriage to Harry is not going to happen people.

I doubt that everyone is Westeros has to go to the high septon everytime they want a marriage annulled. Any septa could confirm that Sansa still has her maidenhead and annul the marriage.

Adding a little more to this. LF has spent his whole adult life obsessing over Catelyn Stark, whom he lost to Brandon Stark. Now LF has the next best thing, Sansa, to fufill his Cat obsession. I don't think LF will just willingly hand over his Cat replacement to another warrior type, even if his better judgement dictates that he should.

He already deliberately handed her over to a dwarf type for marriage, in the name of his better judgement.

Who says that Sansa will go along with the marriage?

She doesn't have any other options at the moment. She thinks that all the remaining Starks are dead. Although I expect the Blackfish to show up in the Vale soon which would put a spanner in the works. I've got a prediction that LF will end up killing him because he messes up all his plans for Sansa.

The marriage is not going to happen. Besides, if it is at all, it will have to be Sansa, the high septon would have to consent unless Tyron is declared dead. Marriage to Harry is not going to happen people.

We were just discussing LF's potential extended plan. The marriage isnt going to happen because SR's OD on sweetsleep is going to blow up LF's scheme. Suddenly Harry is Lord, LF isnt Lord Protector, and Alayne isnt the daughter of a Lord Protector.

Who says that Sansa will go along with the marriage?

Daddy does. "So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa... Harry, the Eyrie, and Winterfell. That’s worth another kiss now, don’t you think?" The same guy who killed her aunt and Ser Dontos. For Sansa, SR's death will have the small silver lining that the planned marriage wont happen.

Colemon didnt want to give SR one more cup the night before they left the Eyrie. So he's already gone one cup past his 'medical judgement' on Sansa's say-so. Im inclined to give appropriate weight to the 3/4 of a page where the two of them discuss SR's sweetsleep. The maester serves the author most of all. If the plot demands a second cup be SR's death, it will surely happen.

Lysa, Robert and Harry... it seems like anyone in the Eyrie with power dies once LF shows up.

I'm not sure about this. Surely they can just get a septa to examine Sansa's maidenhead and then the wedding will be declared void? It shouldn't take too long.

This was not considered a reliable means of determining virginity in those days as the hymen would often break during horse riding.

This was not considered a reliable means of determining virginity in those days as the hymen would often break during horse riding.

I know but they still seem to use it in the books, like they did with Margaery. And if she does still have it then it's pretty conclusive.

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief. I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams, but the saddest sound was the little bells. I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.[3]"

I think she needs to slay the savage giant. As far as LF promises go... Sansa may not be getting any sort of a happy ending.

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief. I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams, but the saddest sound was the little bells. I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.[3]"

I think she needs to slay the savage giant. As far as LF promises go... Sansa may not be getting any sort of a happy ending.

Well... Bran did say he saw a vision of Sansa defeating giants at castles full with snow. As in plural. Meaning Sansa has to slay a second - most likely - and the real giant. Plus there is a certain pattern of the prophecies of that woman. She refers those who die by their sigils. And who has a giant as a sigil? Littlefinger. :D

I'm not sure about this. Surely they can just get a septa to examine Sansa's maidenhead and then the wedding will be declared void? It shouldn't take too long.

She has to come out of hiding and request the annulment (in person I think, which means going to King's Landing--bad idea for her right now) and even with an examination there has to be an official ruling and likely paperwork as well. The red tape of the Seven. *sigh*

I think it will be more of a secret ceremony, and that Littlefinger wouldn't announce it publicly until he fully plans on betraying Cersei. Harry will know who she is, but he'll go along with it in order to be King of half of the Seven Kingdoms. LF will still be calling all the shots.

Archived