Fourth Trailer Hits the Web

Westeros

Dany took no satisfaction from Mirri Maz Duur's death; she burned her to bring the dragons back to life, no more, no less.

But she still sentenced her to a horrifically painful and lengthy death. Mirri saved thousands of people and did not deserve to die like that.

I don't get how that is perfectly acceptable but when Stannis allows Mel or his soldiers to burn people its now vile and detestable.

Both do it because they believe in the power of blood sacrifice but its still a barbaric and inhumane thing to do no matter who does it or what the gain is.

But she still sentenced her to a horrifically painful and lengthy death. Mirri saved thousands of people and did not deserve to die like that.

I don't get how that is perfectly acceptable but when Stannis allows Mel or his soldiers to burn people its now vile and detestable.

Both do it because they believe in the power of blood sacrifice but its still a barbaric and inhumane thing to do no matter who does it or what the gain is.

I think the primary difference is that Mirri had personally wronged Dany, and so we as fans, along with her, felt that she was justified in doing what she did (at least until we began to think about it). The criminals had done nothing to hurt Stannis personally, making his actions seem much more detestable. It is easier to hurt somebody, or to condone the hurting of somebody, if they have hurt you first. While it is, in the end, morally equatable, Dany is much easier to sympathize with.

I'm not saying this makes her a better person than Stannis, just that the advantage of having Dany's POV makes all her decisions seem more justified than his.

I strongly object to both Dany and Stannis burning people. I can somewhat excuse Dany's burning of Mirri Maaz Duur because she did kill her unborn son (although, Mirri did warn Dany not to enter the tent) and was useful in hatching dragons, but not what she did in Astapor, which took out some villains like Kraznys but also took out lots of innocents. I don't call Dany "evil" per se but rather a "neutral" character who commits a mixture of good and evil acts. As far as Stannis's victims go, I can't remember too many of them specifically, but felt particularly sorry for Lord Florent whose punishment seemed heavily disproportionate to his so-called offense.

I strongly object to both Dany and Stannis burning people. I can somewhat excuse Dany's burning of Mirri Maaz Duur because she did kill her unborn son (although, Mirri did warn Dany not to enter the tent) and was useful in hatching dragons, but not what she did in Astapor, which took out some villains like Kraznys but also took out lots of innocents.

She sacked a city. I don't get how sacking a city is suddenly a terrible atrocity, especially when the rulers of said city are despicable slaveowners like Kraznys. Stannis would have sacked KL if he'd won at Blackwater. It's the way of war, and it was, in her mind at least, utterly justified.

New "Weapons and Training" featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-28xunfJAk0

Jon's got great fighting moves in his fight against Styr.

Ser Alliser fights Tormund (I hope Tormund doesn't die).

The other Snow apparently is going to fight Yara/Asha's forces personally, and shirtless even.

A closer look to Oberyn's spear (and he's getting a sword with a viper hilt too).

Sandor covered in blood and looking wounded.

Pretty good video.

^While Rory is being interviewed they cut to a shot of a group of Knights of the Vale. Does this mean that Sandor will be wounded fighting them? They looked to have filmed on the same volcanic cliffs in Iceland.

That is awesome that we have these clashes between important character, Jon v. Styr, Tormund v. Alliser. I just hope in the case of Tormund v. Alliser that neither of them die because of their future plot utility.

I linked a PW featurette on wicnet but I can't paste here. Could someone post it for me on AFOIAF?

^Thank you kindly, Stan.

Also the weapons video pretty much confirms the Trial by Combat will be in ep. 8 because we have Alex Graves talking about Pedro's spear capabilities. Many of us had guessed this but its great to be able to say almost definitively that that is indeed how the season will be paced.

That "Weapons and Training" featurette was great, thanks for linking it!

Oberyn's weapons... I want them so badly, especially his spear. Love how the snake coils around the blade.

Allister Thorne versus Tormund, eh? Sounds (and looks) like a badass fight; I just hope neither die! Have Tormund end it by barreling Thorne over the railing or something, haha.

If one of them has to die out of Alliser and Tormund, I'm guessing it will be Alliser. He kind of disappears after ASOS anyway, so it would be no huge loss in terms of plot.

^I can tell that that's not Rose Leslie (though it looks to also be a pretty redhead wildling). It could be some sort of double but I can't see Ygritte plausibly getting through the tunnel and out to Mance's camp in order for that to play out like that.

EDIT: Ygritte's outfit is more brown in colour than that lady's greyer outfit. Remember that when the Wildlings went south of the Wall they turned their costumes inside out so they could blend in with brown tones rather than grey-blue tones. (This was never stated in the show itself but it was in some costume feature last year or a commentary or something. Anyhow it's the case). This lady's north of the Wall hence the colour's she has on.

Also from trailers and so on it looks as though Jon will go treat with Mance. So that would imply that the fighting south of the Wall has died down. Hence certain folks south of the Wall would have...ahem...died down too.

Woo thats the first proper glimpse I've seen of Mace Tyrell. Looks great!

The fighting at Castle Black looks amazing. If there is one thing we can all agree on its the sword fighting is incredible(Bronn vs Vargis, Hound vs Beric, Stannis vs Laanister Soldiers etc)

Ramsey taking on the 50 best killers in the Iron Islands shirtless??? What???

Archived