TWOW. Tyrion Chapter from ASOIAF App (Spoilers)

People don't like Penny because she's weak and innocent and needs protecting. But that's probably precisely why she needs to be in his story.

If only that were the case. Sansa and Arya (originally) were weak, innocent, and needing protecting. That's certainly no crime. People don't like Penny because she is annoying. Extremely annoying. Indescribably annoying. Jar-Jar Binks annoying.

If only that were the case. Sansa and Arya (originally) were weak, innocent, and needing protecting. That's certainly no crime. People don't like Penny because she is annoying. Extremely annoying. Indescribably annoying. Jar-Jar Binks annoying.

lol jar-jar binx

Wait a minute...

Maybe it doesnt mean dragon riding at all. Maybe its just about how much Tyrion influences the "dragons" in motion? Meaning Aegon and Dany in this case. He grasped the black cyvasse dragon and Aegon went west. Tyrion grabs the white dragon, perhaps Dany goes west? A foreshadowing that Tyrion will move another dragon on the "cyvasse" board? Hes already getting ready to fight for Dany so...

I think he will have influence over something Dany winds up doing. I dont think "white dragon = Tyrion riding it".

Exactly! Every time a dragon cyvasse piece is mentioned it represents a targaryen. When Arianne got her piece from her father it was about Daenerys. Here the dragon may just represent Dany and he holds it as a symbol to himself that he is on her side now. He was sent to her by Illyrio, perhaps he will control her by advice.

There are a couple different angles that seem feasible so far, based on a few different reader observations. I would still personally like to see Tyrion on a dragon, but…

If we accept Tyrion moving the black dragon cyvasse piece across a range of mountains as foreshadowing for Tyrion “moving” Aegon to Westeros in ADWD, then it seems that Tyrion “moving” Dany could be in the cards.

However, the blood seems like an important distinction too, as well as picking the piece up off the ground – again, as Tyrion “picked up the pieces” after his cyvasse game with fAegon, which I take as foreshadowing that Tyrion will be needed to “clean up fAegon’s mess” in Westeros at some point.

Personally, I think the weirwood angle discussed might be a little “too deep,” where the Targ/dragon tie-ins would appear to make a lot more sense given the context, and Tyrion’s affinity for “dragons” (having visited Jon at the Wall [pending R+L=J], interacted with dragon skulls, played cyvasse w/ fAegon and Brown Ben, being on a “quest” to unite w/ Dany, etc.).

So, at least at the moment, I’m kind of torn between interpreting the white, bloody cyvasse dragon as potential foreshadowing for a wounded Viserion and/or Tyrion’s ability to assume the onus of command and “move” Dany next. Possibly it’s both, depending upon what he does with the piece next…

Interesting, too, that Jorah seems utterly convinced that Dany will return to Meereen. Of course, there are a handful of theories that Dany won’t return to Meereen, and/or doesn’t necessarily need to, so I think all we can do with Jorah’s conviction at the moment is take it as GRRM also steering the reader to believe/want Dany to return to Meereen, where only her next POV can truly indicate how likely that might be.

There are a couple different angles that seem feasible so far, based on a few different reader observations. I would still personally like to see Tyrion on a dragon, but…

If we accept Tyrion moving the black dragon cyvasse piece across a range of mountains as foreshadowing for Tyrion “moving” Aegon to Westeros in ADWD, then it seems that Tyrion “moving” Dany could be in the cards.

However, the blood seems like an important distinction too, as well as picking the piece up off the ground – again, as Tyrion “picked up the pieces” after his cyvasse game with fAegon, which I take as foreshadowing that Tyrion will be needed to “clean up fAegon’s mess” in Westeros at some point.

Personally, I think the weirwood angle discussed might be a little “too deep,” where the Targ/dragon tie-ins would appear to make a lot more sense given the context, and Tyrion’s affinity for “dragons” (having visited Jon at the Wall [pending R+L=J], interacted with dragon skulls, played cyvasse w/ fAegon and Brown Ben, being on a “quest” to unite w/ Dany, etc.).

So, at least at the moment, I’m kind of torn between interpreting the white, bloody cyvasse dragon as potential foreshadowing for a wounded Viserion and/or Tyrion’s ability to assume the onus of command and “move” Dany next. Possibly it’s both, depending upon what he does with the piece next…

Interesting, too, that Jorah seems utterly convinced that Dany will return to Meereen. Of course, there are a handful of theories that Dany won’t return to Meereen, and/or doesn’t necessarily need to, so I think all we can do with Jorah’s conviction at the moment is take it as GRRM also steering the reader to believe/want Dany to return to Meereen, where only her next POV can truly indicate how likely that might be.

anything white with red on it naturally references these; Ghost (white wolf red eyes), Bloodraven, (white man white hair red eyes), weirwood trees (white trees, red eyes) and Viserion (white dragon, red eyes).

Also I love Brown Ben Plumm, I liked him from the beginning, which dragon was it that took favor towards him, was it Viserion?? if so then I think it is obvious Tyrion and BBP are going to catch him somehow. obviously the ironborn plan of catching him with flying bodies did not work, these dragons are clever.

anything white with red on it naturally references these; Ghost (white wolf red eyes), Bloodraven, (white man white hair red eyes), weirwood trees (white trees, red eyes) and Viserion (white dragon, red eyes).

Fair enough - While, with less than 24 hours under my belt, I've "chosen" to see the lower hanging fruit of Viserion and/or Dany connections, it's fair to say there could be a potential BR/godswood/HoB&W/other connection in there as well... I suppose, though, because the black dragon cyvasse piece got such immediate payoff in full scale form (Tyrion beating fAegon in their game, and very quickly shipping off to Westeros) that it's easy to assume that the white dragon cyvasse piece might have more immediate payoff too, hence tipping the scale toward those nearer to Tyrion like Dany and/or Viserion.

Although, the HoB&W (symbolizing death) is an interesting potential connection to draw as well.

definitely foreshadowing with the white dragon cyvasse piece landing near tyrions feet. Also sensed some Weirwood parallel ...with the yunkish slavers blood filled in the crevaces of the white dragon piece, making it appear veined with white.

But Yes it appears Tyrion will be riding Viserion, Though I don't want that to happen. With all the knowledge we have so far it appears that Dragons are drawn to Riders with Targaryen blood (but not always) as well as confidence, strength and "Manlyness" Warriors, fighters...

I don't see Tyrion as the warrior type.

Sorry had to repost that - I was the first to make weirwood connection.

Going further,

Tyrions memories of Tywin sitting on the hill as battle raged below him, making moves and commands as men died and he never so much as got near a corpse - along with the cyvasse playing - foreshadows that Tyrion will be leading Danys armies..

Wasn't there some mention of weirwood arrows being able to kill dragons?

Jon Snow will ride Viserion - Old Gods, Ghost - weirwood - Viserion

Victarion on the other hand, BAD ASS WARRIOR TYPE.

Do we need to talk in spoilers on this thread? I mean it has 'spoilers' in the title so it's ok right?

Not really. Not about asoiaf, but the ice dragon is a different book.

And indeed not official woiaf but it does sound a lot like it. In fact it is the older story of the two.

Also I love Brown Ben Plumm, I liked him from the beginning, which dragon was it that took favor towards him, was it Viserion?? if so then I think it is obvious Tyrion and BBP are going to catch him somehow. obviously the ironborn plan of catching him with flying bodies did not work, these dragons are clever.

It isnt the Ironborn flinging corpses, its the Yunkish slavers. Iirc they are victims of the Pale Mare being thrown into Meereen.

I really enjoyed this chapter actually. Although I am one of those rare few who enjoyed DwD and FfC as much as the previous books, I can see that this chapter (and the others) indicates a shift back to the faster paced writing of Storm, Clash and Game.

Overall very impressed, particularly to see Tatters turning cloak (foreseeable, but confirmation is nice). Does that mean Arch and Gerris were sent to him then?

It's really sad that some countries don't have access to this app.

I live in France and I can't download it. I understand that the reason for that is that there is no available translation, but I think that many French (replace French by any non English speaking country) readers would love to get the app even in English.

I'm in France too and I have downloaded the app (although a while ago) and I could access and read the chapter today.

It isnt the Ironborn flinging corpses, its the Yunkish slavers. Iirc they are victims of the Pale Mare being thrown into Meereen.

I really enjoyed this chapter actually. Although I am one of those rare few who enjoyed DwD and FfC as much as the previous books, I can see that this chapter (and the others) indicates a shift back to the faster paced writing of Storm, Clash and Game.

Overall very impressed, particularly to see Tatters turning cloak (foreseeable, but confirmation is nice). Does that mean Arch and Gerris were sent to him then?

Well there is the other sample VIctarion chapter, in it he mentions killing all his crew to try and catch the dragon with. ........oh you're right Ok I see. I thought the wicked sister was the name of Vic's ship, but that's just the name of the trebuchet........can't wait to see that on HBO in 5 years :)

Moqorro's vision would seem to indicate that Tyrion won't be a rider."Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all."

In general, I think you have to take the Three-Headed Dragon info from Maester Aemon Targ seriously and the 3HD will figure prominently in the conflict with the Others, so I don't see Tyrion killing one in Meereen.

can't stand the idea of Tyrion riding a dragon. I think the symbolism of the white dragon piece is pretty straight forward, it represents Dany. Dany is the white dragon and it is very similar to Doran and Arianne's conversation in AFFC where he gives her a black dragon piece which at this point represents Young Griff. This is setting up the future war between Dany and Aegon which is becoming more and more apparent with each chapter. I also find it interesting that Tyrion and Arianne keep the dragon pieces.

Is it just me or was Tyrion contemplating killing Penny when she was coming on to him? I got a seriously bad feeling from that.

Archived