TWOW. Tyrion Chapter from ASOIAF App (Spoilers)

I don't get it : if the chapter is free, why can't PC owners read it too ? Not everyone has a smartphone...

This is so unfair, I really want to read this, it sounds amazing !

You can read it on PC. Go to Bluestacks.com, download and install it. It's free. Once the program starts find the App Sync icon (or it might be under settings, I can't remember), and sync it to your google account (create one if you need to), then click search and type in "A Game of Thrones Guide". It should search via the google play website.

For some reason I can't get the WOIAF app window to go fullscreen with this program, so the text is kind of small in a narrow window. It's still readable, but I found it kind of annoying.

I'm in France too and I have downloaded the app (although a while ago) and I could access and read the chapter today.

Weird...

I tried again today and it says "Impossible d'installer cet article dans le pays associé à votre appareil".

Maybe it depends on the mobile network provider ?

The messenger recognizes Tyrion as an escaped slave and demands he be turned over. Jorah stabs him through the throat with his long sword in response, sending him sprawling into the cyvasse board. The pieces fly everywhere, a white dragon with veins of Yunkish blood seeped in its grooves lands right at Tyrion's feet. As he picks it up, Brown Ben announces that they have been the Queen's men all along. Tyrion says he wants the dead man's gaudy breastplate, and the chapter ends.

For those who can't stand the idea of Tyrion riding Viserion, above passage is not the only evidence for it, rather it is the final nail to the coffin for me. There seems to be a giant pile of evidence since from the AGoT for Tyrion riding Viserion as suggested here.

But still, I think Tyrion will not be able to ride Viserion for a long time. The recovery will take long. Once the Meereen story is settled, I think the next stop will be Volantis. Viserion will be carried by carts and Tyrion will be among the land army (the giant khalassar of Dany to be united soon). The Unsullied will be on the ships captured in Meereen and the remnants of the incoming Volantene Fleet (which will be smashed in the Battle of Yaros Straits). This navy along with the Iron Fleet and the giant khalassar will sack the sh*t out of Volantis thanks to the great planning of Tyrion and Victarion. Tyrion chained tight to a saddle and riding like a thunder to Volantis with the Dothraki will be a hilarious moment.

This way, GRRM will avoid stuffing too many POVs at a single location. Dany and Victarion will be buzzing around with their dragons.

If you check the map, Tyrosh or Pentos (or both) will follow Volantis. Still half of them will have to go with the ships while the other half will be moving on land. I think Viserion will start test flights by this time. After Pentos, Dany will finally come to Westeros. Though it is possible that she takes Dragonstone before uniting all her people to be mass carried to Westeros.

I felt that Tyrion was on the up by the close of this chapter,the comment regarding the Breastplate was like a return to form moment for Tyrion. it begins still in his depressed hopeless state and as the chapter moves forward & the battle rages he seems to gain strength and it seems that he's coming back Jorah too for that matter. Its like he snapped out of it in this chapter. I really enjoyed it.

It did make me think weirwood when the White Dragon is described as veined with red, it also said the pale wood so I immediately thought its even carved from Weirwood!

I need to start reading some of these so and so will ride x dragon threads as I have no real opinion on who might ride them, maybe havong no strong feelings about it is why I never bother with those threads.

I did think that his the gods did not shape me for war so why do I keep ending up in battles to mean he will end up as a great from the front battle commander. He seemed to come alive as the battle intensified.Like the danger made him feel alive for the first time since he left Westeros.

Weird...

I tried again today and it says "Impossible d'installer cet article dans le pays associé à votre appareil".

Maybe it depends on the mobile network provider ?

Weird indeed...

I don't think it has anything to do with the phone provider because in France they don't really deal with content providing yet.

I thought it might have been because I had downloaded it maybe a year ago and that the authorizations had since changed but I tried it on my husband's phone today and it worked fine. It just asked to confirm that he was older than 17 because of the content and then asked that the app be downloaded from the computer because it was too big.

Sorry, I wish I could help.

I think its like this.

Ironborn in Westeros = A Bag Full Of Dicks. Cuz they just look like really big jerks compared to a lot of guys.

Ironborn In Meereen = Great Heathen Army To Fuck Your Shit Up. :commie: Cuz they look pretty damn amazing compared to those Essosi putzes. Nice little GRRM subversion there. Make us not root for that lot for most of the series and now...we want em to win.

And remember, these are the second string Ironborn...the Iron Fleet is back with Euron...

And remember, these are the second string Ironborn...the Iron Fleet is back with Euron...

You got it backwards, Vic took the Iron Fleet with him. Euron did siphon off a couple of Vic's top lieutenants by giving them lands and castles though.

This chapter is the first time I've found myself rooting for Iron Born. Their competition here is totally incompetent, but still it's impressive just how dominant they've been so far. The only thing that would make this better is if Xaro is on one of those Qartheen ships currently getting throttled.

I agree with Florina's assessment regarding the Iron born too, I find in essos I'm rooting for them whilst back "home" in westeros I'm really not, well other than Asha, Asha is awesome!

:agree: :commie:

I love Asha. I love Aeron too, but more because he is interesting to read than because I am rooting for him.

I was happy to see Rhaegal burning ships out in the bay. I expected the Dragons to play a role in destroying the enemy fleet, but tPatQ had me worried after the disaster with Jace when fighting the Essosi fleet.

So if the Windblown and Second Sons both turn cloaks, that then leaves...the Yunkish slave armies, Ghiscari legions, Bloodbeard (whats his company called again?) and is that it?

You got it backwards, Vic took the Iron Fleet with him. Euron did siphon off a couple of Vic's top lieutenants by giving them lands and castles.

Ah thanks, I had that mixed up!

I agree on rooting for them. The only other time I liked Ironborn was the Vic chapter that begins with them dismantling the Shield Island defenders.

They fit perfectly into this role: George chose the only Westerosi population that specializes in devastating people. Dothraki are the Bizarro World Essos equivalent--annihilating anyone on land, but unable to do anything by sea.

But still, I think Tyrion will not be able to ride Viserion for a long time.

I know you meant "Tyrion won't be able to ride Viserion until a long period of time has elapsed (as Viserion will be recovering from injury)" but I initially read it as "Tyrion won't be able to ride Viserion for long," and I think that's correct. Even if he does manage to ride Viserion--and that's a big "if"--either it will be extremely difficult and miserable for him, or it will be awesome and won't last very long (either because Tyrion or Viserion dies). No good thing or happy situation which ever happens to any character in these books sticks, and if Tyrion does get a dragon, the experience will either be horrible for him, he will lose the dragon almost immediately, or he will die before very long. This series is powered by the misery of its lead characters. The minute things get too awesome or too easy for a character is the minute the clock to their demise starts ticking. Since Tyrion is likely going to stay alive until the last third of ADOS or so (since GRRM will be loath to kill him off any earlier), we're into Tyrion misery territory.

I have to say I've always liked Vic since his first viewpoint chapter. Something about his simple blunt vicious manner. Those battles in the shield islands kicked ass. I figured they'd be making the slavers miserable they're like the dothraki of the sea, with armor and it looks like to me the slavers are going to be the slaves pretty soon.

Interesting to think about how Danys faction will feel about Vic's sacrificing & all that, their will be many salt wives taken on this day, anyone wanna bet the girl general will be Vic's? Haha.

On Tyrion I don't know about the dragon riding, but he always amped up seeing his first dragon and if this was it kinda disappointing that was all he thought. Anyone ever wonder what it was in the sorrows that he heard flapping it's leathern wings or whatever, made me wonder wtf was that.

Can't wait for wow even more now

For those who can't stand the idea of Tyrion riding Viserion, above passage is not the only evidence for it, rather it is the final nail to the coffin for me. There seems to be a giant pile of evidence since from the AGoT for Tyrion riding Viserion as suggested here.

But still, I think Tyrion will not be able to ride Viserion for a long time. The recovery will take long. Once the Meereen story is settled, I think the next stop will be Volantis. Viserion will be carried by carts and Tyrion will be among the land army (the giant khalassar of Dany to be united soon). The Unsullied will be on the ships captured in Meereen and the remnants of the incoming Volantene Fleet (which will be smashed in the Battle of Yaros Straits). This navy along with the Iron Fleet and the giant khalassar will sack the sh*t out of Volantis thanks to the great planning of Tyrion and Victarion. Tyrion chained tight to a saddle and riding like a thunder to Volantis with the Dothraki will be a hilarious moment.

This way, GRRM will avoid stuffing too many POVs at a single location. Dany and Victarion will be buzzing around with their dragons.

If you check the map, Tyrosh or Pentos (or both) will follow Volantis. Still half of them will have to go with the ships while the other half will be moving on land. I think Viserion will start test flights by this time. After Pentos, Dany will finally come to Westeros. Though it is possible that she takes Dragonstone before uniting all her people to be mass carried to Westeros.

I am not sure why it's a coffin, but I would say it is substantial evidence, though I am not sure how Viserion will get injured and land at Tyrion's feet. Last I checked he went to take a nap. "The pale wood veined with Red." There seems to be a reference there, though not a rider, perhaps a bit of an assist with Viserion, rather than an injury.

There is also the chance that Tyrion and Vis are taken by Vic and he never meets Dany. This would serve as a way of getting Dany to leave as she would probably go after Viserion

Also the odd use of black roses, not real roses and blood.

I am curious to see how it all turns out, and it's not dispute evidence but rather talk about some of the symbolism.

ETA. Just wanted to also point out the Female and Male night and day symbolism.

Archived