Foreshadowed that Tyrion will ride Viserion? (Spoilers)

I like your idea there that Viserion may be injured in the battle. Interesting, and definitely one way for Tyrion to have time to bond and make a saddle.

I am not sure any of Dany's dragon riders will necessarily be turned against her. Instead I think someone is going to raise a stone dragon and that will be the dragon for the opposing side. There may also be a dragon hatched from Euron's egg.

Vic is not a dragon rider. I really doubt that.

I have also considered a possibility that Drogon is going to turn out to be one nasty beast, ie. Dany's mount to dread, and she may have to kill him herself. He is already set up to be a reincarnation of Drogo himself, who we can remember was a King of rape and pillage culture, feeding the very slave trade she had been trying to kill.

I don't think Tyrion is a Targ, but I do think he will be riding Viserion. Perhaps he'll find a way to bond with the beast, (putting some of his reading on dragons to good use-with Dany's permission of course,) or perhaps Bran will warg Viserion and allow Tyrion to ride.

Or it might have something to do with that darned horn of Vic's...

I am personally not so into the idea of dragon warging. They are demons, not really animals. They seem to be at least partly some kind of reincarnation, so already have their own strong affinities that would be undermined if Starks just pop in and out of them. Also they belong in intangible and metaphysical realm of ice and fire, not in the physical and natural world of the old gods.

Here is a thread on the various ways Tyrion could have Targ blood:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/105856-tyrions-bit-of-targ-blood/

I really think some Targ blood is needed for dragon riding, though it is not necessary to be a member of house Targaryen.

Worst title ever if you're actually attempting not to spoil Tyrion riding a dragon for people. I didnt read the other stuff in this thread.

I'm pretty sure a theory that everyone has heard isn't a spoiler, the spoiler was the actual Tyrion chapter material referenced in the OP. If you would have read the entire post you would have seen it.

definitely foreshadowing with the white dragon cyvasse piece landing near tyrions feet. Also sensed some Weirwood parallel ...with the yunkish slavers blood filled in the crevaces of the white dragon piece, making it appear veined with white.

But Yes it appears Tyrion will be riding Viserion, Though I don't want that to happen. With all the knowledge we have so far it appears that Dragons are drawn to Riders with Targaryen blood (but not always) as well as confidence, strength and "Manlyness" Warriors, fighters...

I don't see Tyrion as the warrior type.

Victarion on the other hand, BAD ASS WARRIOR TYPE.

Sorry had to repost that - I was the first to make weirwood connection.

Going further,

Tyrions memories of Tywin sitting on the hill as battle raged below him, making moves and commands as men died and he never so much as got near a corpse - along with the cyvasse playing - foreshadows that Tyrion will be leading Danys armies..

Wasn't there some mention of weirwood arrows being able to kill dragons?

Jon Snow will ride Viserion - Old Gods, Ghost - weirwood - Viserion

"By the time Plumm and his companions came galloping back from the camp of the Girl General, the white dragon had flown back to its lair above Meereen. The green still prowled, soaring in wide circles above the city and the bay on great green wings."

Why would Viserion stop flying?

I feel like Tyrion would have made a larger deal of hearing Victarion's dragon horn if it went off, but is it possible that he was too far away to hear it. It seems unlikely since a lot of this chapter is about what he does hear amongst the "music of slaughter." However, I find it to be a little suspicious that Viserion would cease attacking AND that the white cyvasse dragon piece falls to Tyrion's feet.

Something is definitely going to go down with Viserion.

Also, this is all very exciting news for those who believe in the Aerys and Joanna theories about Tyrion.

Someone mentioned that Tyrion might have Targaryen blood because of some relative of Brown Benn, but that seems too distant for me. Why not have Brown Benn ride Viserion if he has as much Targaryen blood as Tyrion.

If Tyrion rides Viserion, there needs to be a way more important reasoning behind it, and the only one that comes to mind is that Tyrion is the brother that Daenerys never had.

To reinforce the notion that Tyrion will in fact ride Viserion and not Rhaegal, Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar, so it only makes sense that Jon rides the dragon named after his father.

"By the time Plumm and his companions came galloping back from the camp of the Girl General, the white dragon had flown back to its lair above Meereen. The green still prowled, soaring in wide circles above the city and the bay on great green wings."

I feel like Tyrion would have made a larger deal of hearing Victarion's dragon horn if it went off, but is it possible that he was too far away to hear it. It seems unlikely since a lot of this chapter is about what he does hear amongst the "music of slaughter." However, I find it to be a little suspicious that Viserion would cease attacking AND that the white cyvasse dragon piece falls to Tyrion's feet.

That is because GRRM does not want Viserion to be present when Victarion will have the dragonhorn be blown. He is saving Viserion for Tyrion.

I'm not sure how the colour of the piece is forshadowing? There are no green cyvasse pieces after all... But I do subscribe to the idea that Tyrion will fly Viserion, it just does make literary sense and Rhaegal due to his name seems to be reserved for Jon (if you go by literary clues). I dislike that thinking in categories that deducts that if Tyrion flies a dragon, he thus must be Targaryen. Besides objections from the Princess and the Queen, this just seems way to straightforward to me for GRRM to put so much order into the story. Usually, only stories are as ordered and constructed, while "real life" is more chaotic. And 'subverting tropes' seems to be one of the goals of the books after all... ;)

Oh, and what good is foreshadowing if the events in question happen in the next chapter or so?

I really don't know how I feel about Tyrion will ride a dragon theories. I said on the other thread that I don't really give much thought as to who might ride them, I guess as I'm not as into Dany and her dragons as I am into the Starks and the idea of Winter coming and the Others rising up.

That said since TP&TQ my interest in Targaryans & Dragons has increased ten fold. That story was fantastic for bringing the dragons to life in a way the three in the main series have not really felt to me. I guess I was just seeing them as babies, and then finally in ADWD they got interesting, but then, end of book.

This chapter is good in that its reminded me the Dragons are getting interesting at last.

I never thought about Tyrion being a secret Targ until I came to the forums and I see the clues, but feel that having yet another secret Targ is a bit crap. But I'm not as against it as I once was. I guess I'd say I'm Tyrion Targaryan agnostic. lol.

I like Tyrions journey into the darkness of his soul and back again, it felt in this chapter that he's finally seeing the light at the end of the tunel and that the battle is giving him strength and insight, its like an epiphany.....Life is shit, I am shit, my life's a joke, everyone has always hated me. Oh. Wait. I could die today. Fuck this shit I want to LIVE!! I like that. I always think that with a good therapist Tyrion could conquer his demons and soar.

All this said I really did get majot Weirwood tinggly's when he described the Crevasse dragon as having red veins and said the pale wood. I imediatly thought uh its even made of weirwood... must be something in that.

I think the dragon falling at his feet is a sign Tyrion is destined to ride a dragon but not Viserion but Rhaegal

Jon Snow for Viserion.

Viserion flys away just as Victarion lands and plans to blow the dragon horn or whatever it's called to take possession of a dragon. Rhaegal is still near enough to hear the dragon horn blow.

I contend that Tyrion somehow tricks Victarion or somehow gets possession of the horn at a crucial moment and Rhaegal gets bound to Tyrion & Tyrion's one green eye.

It's possible that Viserion was injured and that is why he retreated back to his lair. If he was injured, then Tyrion seeing the white cyvasses piece with blood a ll over it would make sense. IMO of what will happen, Tyrion and BBP will somehow get to Viserion and heal him, Viserion will accept their help because Dragons can sense Dragon blood in humans and Tyrion and BBP both have it. Viserion is also the dragon that 'liked' BBP and Dany even mentioned it to BBP.

Tyrion knows about saddles, he designed that one for Bran's horse in GOT. him and or BBP will ride VIserion, it could not be more obvious at this point :drool:

My first thought was that blood on the white dragon piece was foreshadowing the death of the white dragon. I of course do not subscribe to the everyone is a secret Targ theory, nor the dragon's having 1 rider each. I think it is being set up for the Stark kids to use their warging ability to warg which ever dragons that are left when all the dust clears in Westeros.

A second dance of dragons implies both sides have them. Right now, only one side does, any battle would end quickly.

tPatQ clearly shows that dragons are not invulnerable or allmighty. And Dany's dragons are much smaller than the century old dragons in the Dance.

Archived