Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else. Pt 2

iheartseverus

I think I remember now. It was the "You'll need to carry me" thing with Raff. They took that from the Mercy chapter and used it when she killed him in that tavern instead, no?

Oh OK I didn't catch that. Thanks. I wonder how much of Arya's time in Braavos we're really going to see (guessing it focuses on HB&W and her interactions with a certain traveler, assuming that plotline is still intact). Fingers crossed!

I think I remember now. It was the "You'll need to carry me" thing with Raff. They took that from the Mercy chapter and used it when she killed him in that tavern instead, no?

Yeah. A merging of the Tickler at the Inn and Mercy. The murder was done in the Raff style "carry me". But it wasn't really like the Mercy killing...

Oh OK I didn't catch that. Thanks. I wonder how much of Arya's time in Braavos we're really going to see (guessing it focuses on HB&W and her interactions with a certain traveler, assuming that plotline is still intact). Fingers crossed!

Check the Season 5 casting and speculation if you don't mind spoilers. It seems that

Ser Meryn is likely to go to Braavos with Mace Tyrell to meet the Iron Bank, and will get the Mercy murder in some form, though presumably not Maisie seducing him herself, for obvious reasons. Common thought is she interrupts him with some prostitutes and restates Syrio's murder in some way

Yeah. A merging of the Tickler at the Inn and Mercy. The murder was done in the Raff style "carry me". But it wasn't really like the Mercy killing...

Yeah, but my point was I doubt they came up with that on their own. I'm pretty sure they read the Mercy chapter and adapted that bit into season four. We could see, or maybe even already have seen, similar instances. We just won't know until Winds comes out.

Yeah, but my point was I doubt they came up with that on their own. I'm pretty sure they read the Mercy chapter and adapted that bit into season four. We could see, or maybe even already have seen, similar instances. We just won't know until Winds comes out.

Oh, I got your point, I agree with you. The end of the sentence was kind of to lead into my next response to mercyx

Check the Season 5 casting and speculation if you don't mind spoilers. It seems that

Ser Meryn is likely to go to Braavos with Mace Tyrell to meet the Iron Bank, and will get the Mercy murder in some form, though presumably not Maisie seducing him herself, for obvious reasons. Common thought is she interrupts him with some prostitutes and restates Syrio's murder in some way

I will check that out! Thank you! That would be so sweet lol.

Hey guys,

So I don't think this is a 'little' question but last time I tried creating a new topic and it didn't came through so I guess I did something wrong and got rejected. So I'll just ask here : I wonder how the episodes lenght work in this show and in TV in general. It's the last episode of season 4 that got me thinking, since it was so packed with content and felt so rushed. I used to think that episode lenght had a lot to do with ads, and keeping the schedule straight... but Hbo doesn't run ads, and then I heard stories about how FX went all in with the last season of Sons of Anarchy, allowing episodes that went way past the usual lenght.

So what's keeping HBO from doing longer episode, especially for the ones like The Children? Budget restriction is one thing I suppose, but it can't be all about that. I mean it wouldn't be more expensive to make the scene where Jaime frees Tyrion 3 minutes longer, you just roll the camera for a bit more time and edit it and that's it. Maybe it's a rythm issue, but then what's hurting the show more? A crucial scene like Jaime freeing Tyrion being overly rushed, or a scene that takes its time? Do they think if the episodes are longer we will all be bored out of our mind?

Or maybe it's just HBO and schedule, I wonder.

Hey guys,

So I don't think this is a 'little' question but last time I tried creating a new topic but it didn't came through so I guess I did something rong and got rejected. So I'll just ask here : I wonder how the episodes lenght work in this show and in TV in general. It's the last episode of season 4 that got me thinking, since it was so packed with content and felt so rushed. I used to think that episode lenght had a lot to do with ads, and keeping the schedule straight... ut Hbo doesn't run ads, and then I heard story about how AMC went all in with the last season of Sons of Anarchy, allowing episodes that went way past the usual lenght.

So what's keeping HBO from doing longer episode, especially for the ones like The Children? Budget restriction is one thing I suppose, but it can't be all about that. I mean it wouldn't be more expensive to make the scene where Jaime frees Tyrion 3 minutes longer, you just roll the camera for a bit more time and edit it and that's it. Maybe it's a rythm issue, but then what's hurting the show more? A crucial scene like Jaime freeing Tyrion being overly rushed, or a scene that takes its time? Do they think if the episodes are longer we will all be bored out of our mind?

Or maybe it's just HBO and schedule, I wonder.

HBO has done extra long episodes in the past for The Sopranos and I'm sure other shows. I'd imagine it is a budget issue, but I don't really know.

Iirc The Children was already a longer episode than normal actually

ETA: The wiki suggests so too. 66 minutes, apparently, making it the longest episode.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Children

Relevant quote is under notes:

HBO confirmed in a press release that this episode was extended to a 66 minute runtime, making it the longest episode of the series to date (beating out the previous record holder by 2 minutes).[2]

Hey Guys,

Why did the Boltons support Lannisters in Red Wedding knowing that Sansa was the key to holding Winterfell after Robbs demise and that she was married to a Lannister or at least in Lannister hands (Can't remember the sequence). In any case why would they continue to support them after the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa?

Hey Guys,

Why did the Boltons support Lannisters in Red Wedding knowing that Sansa was the key to holding Winterfell after Robbs demise and that she was married to a Lannister or at least in Lannister hands (Can't remember the sequence). In any case why would they continue to support them after the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa?

It does seem as if Tywin planned on having Tyrion and Sansa's son become Lord of Winterfell. I'd imagine Roose Bolton took the deal because it was the best deal he was gonna get; he was installed as Warden of the North. From his conversation with Theon he doesn't seem like a man who especially cares about the future of his house. He may have been aware of Tywin's plans, but of course everything changed when Sansa became a fugitive and moreso when Tywin died..

Here's a silly little question. How come Cersei literally never wears a crown? She had one in like two scenes in season one, then never again.

I think if anything she'd be flaunting her power more at this point in the story.

Here's a silly little question. How come Cersei literally never wears a crown? She had one in like two scenes in season one, then never again.

I think if anything she'd be flaunting her power more at this point in the story.

I wonder why Danny has not gotten a crown, the books she has had one for a long time now.

I am hoping the show and maybe Geroge will return her mother's crown which was sold.

Can we get a stickied thread here that bluntly states whether the episode has delved into future books? I know most stories aren't there yet, but there are some arcs that may be close or going into Winds of Winter this season. I'd like to watch the show, but only without spoilers, and was wondering if anyone who didn't care would mind posting if episodes contained spoilers. Be even cooler if I knew which parts to skip, but I won't expect that of anyone. :) Just a simple yes or no would suffice for me.

Archived