Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else. Pt 2

iheartseverus

So I saw some article and it said when they signed the contract for game of thrones they also signed for a spinoff at the same time? anybody have anymore info on this or what it could be?

I don't think that is the case. They signed the rights to the World in which a Game if Thrones is set. My source is GRRMs Not a Blog. When he made some Dunk.and Egg announcements, he also adressed some queries about whether they would ever be adapted for TV. He said that if they were, HBO would.need to buy the rights to Dunk and Egg, or alternatively another company could do so but they would need to do things like remove the names Targaryen and Baratheon from it.

Are there any clues on the show about Jon being Targ? Apart from the obvious one that he is not a full Stark from Ned`s and Robert`s conversation what other clues if any do we see?

I don't think so, and it surprised me. The only "clue" is that Ned tells Jon (as he's leaving for the Wall near the start of the first season) that he'll tell him about his mother "soon." There's a sense of mystery surrounding that, which sets up something -- but what? And since Ned is now dead, there's no one on the show who knows the truth. Well, I guess Bran could see something from his tree!

I heard (somewhere?) that when D&D first met Martin to discuss making the show he asked them directly, "who are Jon Snow's parents?" Supposedly they answered correctly, which is one of the things that convinced Martin they really "got" his story. So again, I'm surprised the clues that are in the books (the first book, actually) aren't there in the show.

Has the show confirmed House Baelish as the Great House of the Riverlands yet? Thanks

I'm going from memory here, but I think the episode right after the Red Wedding confirmed that Walder Frey was the Lord Paramount of the Trident.

Here's my little question-- who's got a GoT or ASoIaF podcast to recommend? I've got to get my Game of Thrones universe fix in the off season, and I've completely exhausted Cast of Thrones. Any recs would be appreciated :)

Comicbookgirl19 has some excellent game of thrones stuff and is damn hot too. She swears quite a lot though so don't show your granny. You can find her on Utube

I don't think so, and it surprised me. The only "clue" is that Ned tells Jon (as he's leaving for the Wall near the start of the first season) that he'll tell him about his mother "soon." There's a sense of mystery surrounding that, which sets up something -- but what? And since Ned is now dead, there's no one on the show who knows the truth. Well, I guess Bran could see something from his tree!

I heard (somewhere?) that when D&D first met Martin to discuss making the show he asked them directly, "who are Jon Snow's parents?" Supposedly they answered correctly, which is one of the things that convinced Martin they really "got" his story. So again, I'm surprised the clues that are in the books (the first book, actually) aren't there in the show.

That's what i know also, supposedly there's some clues about it in season 2 when Dany is trapped in the house of the Undying, but i for one did not see them.

That's what i know also, supposedly there's some clues about it in season 2 when Dany is trapped in the house of the Undying, but i for one did not see them.

They show snow covering the throne room, including some snow on the throne. Some people take that as foreshadowing of "Snow on the Iron Throne."

Hopefully they'll start laying the groundwork for the reveal in earnest next season. They could try to get Sean Bean back for a Ned cameo and do something similar to the "let them grow up as brothers" weirwood flashback from Dance.

Man, that sucks... I just bought the blu-ray collection of season 1 to 3, I would've liked to rewatch season 4 in reasonable times.

It's true will not see the DVD set until approximately a month before season 5, it's always been that way, I think of all HBO series.

Not mini-series, those come out a few months after those are over.

It is an odd biz model. I , for instance, give a set to my brother and sister in law for Christmas each year , they love the show, but are not readers , have HBO but don't watch it! Well some people just don't watch much TV. So this year I will be giving them season 3!

A friend of mine who is connected to the movie business does not know why HBO does it this way either. HBO has plenty of time between end of season 4 and start of season 5 to assemble a DVD , I am guessing they contract the manufacture out , they must pay the cast and 'crew' for commentary , which can only take an hour of their time... so it is a great big puzzle

Maybe HBO thinks it is a gouge for the upcoming season, which seem goofy , to miss out on Christmas sales!????

Do Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion show any traits as dragons that the ones they were named after exhibited when alive? (Drogon=Drogo-Big, merciless, killing machine)

Well Rhaegal was named for Rhaego, Dany's son, and since he didn't live long enough to show any traits, it's sort of hard to say what he would have been like.

Well Rhaegal was named for Rhaego, Dany's son, and since he didn't live long enough to show any traits, it's sort of hard to say what he would have been like.

For some reason I thought Rhaegal was named for Rhaegar, but your right of course. It was Rhaego, who of course was named after Rhaegar.

Archived