Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else. Pt 2

iheartseverus

Do any of The Vale Lords in the book know Sansa's real identity or do some just suspect?

Any threads on how the tv show will deal with Arya when she face changes?

I think the best way would be to look in a mirror and see a different reflection. Maisie is just too good to waste.

If they do go down this route though, I would definitely want her to look at the reflection and her first words to be "Oh Boy"

I have a stupid question on CGI. Why is it so expensive? I would assume that HBO pays for the computer programming to do it and the effects team get a standard salary for their work. What am I missing that makes CGI so costly?

I have a stupid question on CGI. Why is it so expensive? I would assume that HBO pays for the computer programming to do it and the effects team get a standard salary for their work. What am I missing that makes CGI so costly?

Man hours. It's not really accurate to say that it's accomplished by "computer programming." I mean some of it is, but it's not like a video game where you make one 3D model for a character and then have a program manipulate it with a skeletal frame.

If one goes by the recent Gravity , Wikipedia says it cost 100 million, of which 80% were CGI VFX , that's about 900 thousand a min.

Cameron claims it cost about 1 million a minute to make Avatar that was 2009. So for 'quality' CGI your talking lots of clams.

GOT has a lot of landscape CGI , I have no idea what Mammoth and two Giants cost!

Not counting the other stuff.

It is time and labor intensive even in the 2010s.

Frankly I don't know why! A lot of the software and hardware improves almost exponentially but post production has tons of overlapping elements to it.

I figure the cost will come down some day.

E9 this season also had a lot more 'crew' than a usual episode , D&D said they were grateful that Neil Marshall was a Cool Head when it came to complex action filming.

(I read somewhere Marshall watched Kubrick's film ‘Paths of Glory’ to plan out the battle action, now Kubrick was Iron Man of epics, nothing phased him.)

In the show, all the others look more or less the same, except for the one that picked up the baby at the end.

Is it possible that this is the female other that the 13th LC married to become the Night's king? And that she is looking for a replacement in Craster's sons?

I think if they wanted us to think it's a female they would give that Walker some feminine characteristics. There was also this thing that for an hour or so it was credited as 'Night's King' on HBO Viewer's Guide.

Also - wasn't she killed?

I think if they wanted us to think it's a female they would give that Walker some feminine characteristics. There was also this thing that for an hour or so it was credited as 'Night's King' on HBO Viewer's Guide.

Also - wasn't she killed?

I don't think D&D would pass up the chance on some Ice boobies, as well as the icicle nipples? LOL

In all seriousness, I didn't think the super weird Darth Maul looking one looked female at all. I have to admit, I hadn't considered that idea at all, but lawwwwwwwwwwwwwd, if that's the female, no wonder they can't reproduce on their own. :devil:

Why are people so sure that the Other that turned one of Craster's children into one of them was Night's King? Is all the evidence only that it was written in a viewer's guide?

For myself personally, I do think there could be something to the guide at first calling that Walker the NK, but.......being King or NK for that matter, doesn't necessarily mean it's the same character that readers would think of as NK, IMO, anyway. It could just be the present day King?

Anyone else noticed that Daenerys holds the title "Queen of the Rhoynar" and the Iron Throne kings so far don't?

They've always styled themselves kings of the Andals, Roynar and First Men. Even before Dorne was part of the realm.

They've always styled themselves kings of the Andals, Roynar and First Men. Even before Dorne was part of the realm.

Oh, I'm talking about the show, of course.

Bob, Joffrey and Tommen were styled solely as "Kings of the Andals and the First Men" on TV (I suppose on the old excuse of "making it easier for audiences to understand").

On the other hand, the subtitles for Missandei's list of Daenery's titles included her being Queen of the Rhoynar as well.

Oh, I'm talking about the show, of course.

Bob, Joffrey and Tommen were styled solely as "Kings of the Andals and the First Men" in TV (I suppose on the old excuse of "making it easier for audiences to understand").

On the other hand, the subtitles for Missandei's list of Daenery's titles included her being Queen of the Rhoynar as well.

Oh, I never noticed that.

Okay so possibly a stupid question, but im curious, does burning bodies really prevent the corpses from becoming wights? For some reason I keep thinking Ygritte will come back as something. Also Tormund was saying she belongs way up North...idk just a thought. Please answer with some thoughts.

Okay so possibly a stupid question, but im curious, does burning bodies really prevent the corpses from becoming wights? For some reason I keep thinking Ygritte will come back as something. Also Tormund was saying she belongs way up North...idk just a thought. Please answer with some thoughts.

I think he just meant north of the Wall, because she's a wildling.

Archived