Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else. Pt 2

iheartseverus

Do Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion show any traits as dragons that the ones they were named after exhibited when alive? (Drogon=Drogo-Big, merciless, killing machine)

Isn't it theorised that the dragons take after the 3 lives that where sacrificed as part of birthing them? Drogon takes after Drogo by being...a badass, Viserion after Rhaego by being the sweetest and most playful of the Dragons (like a baby), and Rhaegel takes after Mirri Maz Durr, being the cruellest of the the three.

Isn't it theorised that the dragons take after the 3 lives that where sacrificed as part of birthing them? Drogon takes after Drogo by being...a badass, Viserion after Rhaego by being the sweetest and most playful of the Dragons (like a baby), and Rhaegel takes after Mirri Maz Durr, being the cruellest of the the three.

I hadn't heard that. So far it would seem that Drogo is the most cruelest of the 3, though maybe that is only because he isn't chained up and is free to eat anything that catches his eye.

• 3 weeks later...

But I thought Rhaego had died long before the pyre?

But I thought Rhaego had died long before the pyre?

I'm not an expert on this theory but I think the idea is that when Rhaego died, Rhaegal's egg then came to life inside. Then later it hatched with the others.

What was the point in casting Fat Walda already? She had like five seconds of screen time so far. I hope that she and the Boltons in general will have a bigger role to play in the upcoming season but if so, wouldn't it make more sense to cast her for season 6 and only to mention her in season 5?

Why do people call Aegon, "fAegon?" Is it an immature, homophobic play on his name for what reason I couldn't fathom, or am I missing something?

It's shorthand for fake Aegon. If your unfamiliar with the theory, many people do not think that Young Griff is a real son of Rhaegar.

Does anyone have any idea what the call shooting schedule for GoT typically looks like? Do they have a couple of production units filming different storylines concurrently or do they do each individual storyline in one block before moving onto the next?

They split up into different groups called Dragon, Wolf, Lion, etc. and work on different things. Here's part of a call sheet from season four.

Why do people call Aegon, "fAegon?" Is it an immature, homophobic play on his name for what reason I couldn't fathom, or am I missing something?

It does sound a little like that word if you're pronouncing the Ae as Ay, but it seems most Targaryen names are not. Dany isn't really called Day Nair Iss, but Duh Nair Iss. It varies, like RAY Gar, but as far as Aegon is concerned I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Egg-On. Proof: Tales of Dunk and Egg, Shireen saying "When you see a, e, and g together like that it sounds like egg."

There are undoubtedly those who pronounce it Fay Gone, but it seems like fAegon should be Feg On. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

plus, the Aegon we meet in aDwD is most definitely fake. Fake Aegon. fAegon.

It does sound a little like that word if you're pronouncing the Ae as Ay, but it seems most Targaryen names are not. Dany isn't really called Day Nair Iss, but Duh Nair Iss. It varies, like RAY Gar, but as far as Aegon is concerned I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Egg-On. Proof: Tales of Dunk and Egg, Shireen saying "When you see a, e, and g together like that it sounds like egg."

There are undoubtedly those who pronounce it Fay Gone, but it seems like fAegon should be Feg On. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

plus, the Aegon we meet in aDwD is most definitely fake. Fake Aegon. fAegon.

Yeah thanks haha. I feel kinda dumb because I didn't realize anyone even thought he was fake. I'm holding out hope he's real

It does sound a little like that word if you're pronouncing the Ae as Ay, but it seems most Targaryen names are not. Dany isn't really called Day Nair Iss, but Duh Nair Iss.

Huh, I always pronounce it Day-ner-is. I tend to keep Ae = Ay for everything. Ay-gon. Ray-Nee-Rah. Bay-La. Ray-Na. Ray-nis. Ay-mon. Day-mon. Day-ron. May-gor. May-lor. Jay-Hay-Ris. Jay-Hay-ra.

EDIT: I think I might have seen a video where GRRM pronounces it Ay-gon. I'll see if I can find it.

Huh, I always pronounce it Day-ner-is. I tend to keep Ae = Ay for everything. Ay-gon. Ray-Nee-Rah. Bay-La. Ray-Na. Ray-nis. Ay-mon. Day-mon. Day-ron. May-gor. May-lor. Jay-Hay-Ris. Jay-Hay-ra.

EDIT: I think I might have seen a video where GRRM pronounces it Ay-gon. I'll see if I can find it.

Part his "however you want it" way of looking at it, I think. The ash (æ) is usually pronounced like the a in apple. Which might make sense for Daenerys because Drogo calls her Dan Ares at one point

Archived