New dog needs a name

The Wight Krow

I don't think you want to name your dog "freak".

If you care about your dog knowing his/her name, I suggest you keep it to 2 syllables.

I suggest "Selmy", "Stark", "Drogon"

I intended to suppose "Viserion", as of Dany's dragons he is the closest in colour to white, but given that insight that's maybe not a good idea. Although you might of course always shorten it to "Vis" or something.

I like "Selmy". Actually, I think any Kingsguard name would be great for a white dog. Or how about "Kingsguard"?

maybe look up the word ghost in other languages and you'll find something cool.

In german it's "Geist". For the pronunciation basically replace the vowel in the english ghost with an "i" like in iceand keep the consonant parts the same.

Other languages I would have to look up.

I named my Shephard (pictured in my avatar) Sandor and it has been a great name. It has great meaning for anyone who has seen the show or read the books, but also sounds nice and German for normal people. It's just a perfect name for a German dog.

For a german person like me "Sandor" sounds rather like a spanish name. :dunno:

So I'm getting an all white German Shepard and deciding what to name him.

I'd call em ghost but when I say it out load I don't really like it..

I'm thinking

Freak, which rhymes with reek

Or stranger

Any other suggestions?

No, no, no, no, that's like letting someone name your kids. Recent studies have shown that dogs have the intelligence and emotional capacity of a 2 year old child that they actually have the same chemical reaction associated with Love that humans do.

If you are going to name a dog, you better realize he/she will be around for a long time and they are constant companions. Freak and such may seem like funny names but your dog will probably have a ton of nicknames given to him/her by you over the years. And when your dog who has been with you for 15 years or so is lying down for the last time do you really want to say gosh freak thanks for the memories?

Give the animal some respect, give him/her a good name and pick it yourself. Do you really want to be the person running around yelling for Freak?

Don't you have a real name you like?

I picture a "Sandor" as an Irish Wolfhound.

For a white GSD, "Ghost" is an option, but some say that the long-O might be a problem (although I never had a problem with my 130lb. Rottweiler "Brodie").

Since the pup is white, maybe you could consider a member of the Kingsguard? Aemon, Llewyn, Barristan (Barry), and Oswell (Ozzie) come to mind.

I wouldn't name him freak because I think it's funny, I like the way it sounds ... Respect for the animal? Of course... I'd still love him 15

Years later no matter what his name is...

I'm askng for suggestions to name my dog not a child...

So far i still like stranger...

Also like ice, winter, Beric, and jhaqen/jack

Also like barristan but Barry is one of my uncles :(

Keep em comin I get him on Tuesday

Name him 'Jon', just another name for 'Ghost' :)

Or name him 'Snow'. Or 'Bastard'.

Anyway, not ASoIaF related, but if I had a dog I'd just name him 'dog'. No greater honor, I suppose, since he would be my first dog and I'd always remember him :(

(I've had dogs and still have them in a way, but they live with my parents who have a big house. i live in apartment and i almost buy a pug every single day of my life, but i don't because i know i wouldn't really have the time to make it the happiest pug on earth)

I wouldn't name him freak because I think it's funny, I like the way it sounds ... Respect for the animal? Of course... I'd still love him 15

Years later no matter what his name is...

I'm askng for suggestions to name my dog not a child...

So far i still like stranger...

Also like ice, winter, Beric, and jhaqen/jack

Also like barristan but Barry is one of my uncles :(

Keep em comin I get him on Tuesday

Yes Stranger!! LOve it

Archived