[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO

Suzanna Stormborn

One of the traditionally magic numbers employed by GRRM's narrative (together with 7 and 3, all prime). Precedents in ASoIaF are the Last Hero and his dozens companions and Daemon Targaryen's 13 marks on the weirwood (and what they could foreshadow).

Thanks for the link! :)

What about the latest episode then? Oathkeeper showed a lot of stuff new to even book readers - how does all this impact theories?

Some interesting minor character bits:

Jojen having a fit? Does this allude to a condition we will see more of in books? Is it just a normal fit, or something related to greensight?

Jaime/ Bronn dynamic (Bronn being the moral confidante)!

Marg n Tommen (the Tyrell intention not seen in books... more a suspicion of cersei)

Ya, I realize that, and I think there are many other people in the show that have as well, but it isn't shown as often as some that I have come across or seen. And if anyone remembers it was either season 2 or season 3 before every show they show the iron throne and Jon was on it a few times before the show started. Just strange that they would do that. Here is one picture of them together, I think this may have came from an article from entertainment, but there have been others as well. http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33900000/got-game-of-thrones-33925652-459-602.png

I'm sure there is nothing to it, but I find it strange that I see more photos of them together than any others.

I don't know, a lot of people are shown on that throne, including Daryl Dixon from Walking Dead.

Also, the Nights King, would he be a Stark?

The pictures of Jon and Dany together are merely there because they are without a doubt the two main characters this season is focusing on. Their scenes are either right after each other or as far apart as possible I.E. at the start and then end of the episodes for a reason.

Also shouldn't Jon's true name as a bastard be Jon Sand unless R+L did get married?

Ya, I realize that, and I think there are many other people in the show that have as well, but it isn't shown as often as some that I have come across or seen. And if anyone remembers it was either season 2 or season 3 before every show they show the iron throne and Jon was on it a few times before the show started. Just strange that they would do that. Here is one picture of them together, I think this may have came from an article from entertainment, but there have been others as well. http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33900000/got-game-of-thrones-33925652-459-602.png

I'm sure there is nothing to it, but I find it strange that I see more photos of them together than any others.

That's an old photo shoot, but I agree with you that there is something interesting about how they are almost always pared with each other in interviews and photos. It's especially interesting since their characters haven't met or even share the same region in the story.

The pictures of Jon and Dany together are merely there because they are without a doubt the two main characters this season is focusing on. Their scenes are either right after each other or as far apart as possible I.E. at the start and then end of the episodes for a reason.

Also shouldn't Jon's true name as a bastard be Jon Sand unless R+L did get married?

Well, it's not just this season, it's been this way since the beginning of the show. And as I said earlier there are almost always pared together in interviews and photos from the beginning of the series.

As for your questions, bastards get their name from the region their highborn parent is from. Ned being from the North makes Jon a Snow.

ETA

Sand? From Dorne? He has no Dornish parents.

My theory... Littlefinger will be the last "villain" on the throne before it's all said & done & Sansa will be in the same position she was in at the end of season 1. Only this time... she will finally kill her tormentor. It will be her first & last kill.

I also believe...

There will be a democracy instead of a monarchy when it's all said & done, which would be perfect for all the beaucratic schemers of the realm.

Or...

Westeros will be in such ruin that, ironically, no one wants the throne.

No, it's a popular icon now, so seeing different people on it are a testament to it's popularity. :)

I 've seen lots of images with them together and I think there are some hints there. :love:

What about the latest episode then? Oathkeeper showed a lot of stuff new to even book readers - how does all this impact theories?

Some interesting minor character bits:

Jojen having a fit? Does this allude to a condition we will see more of in books? Is it just a normal fit, or something related to greensight?

Could be, in ancient times people who suffered from such were often considered touched by the gods. I believe Caesar suffered from them.

Marg n Tommen (the Tyrell intention not seen in books... more a suspicion of cersei)

Dontos said the Tyrells "were Lannisters with flowers," so I suspect they will eventually go the way of the Lannisters for their ambition. Marg torments Cersei the way Cersei tried to confound Elia when she was at court, though the circumstances were different.

And don't forget Ser Pounce and all his fat fluffy awesomeness. :D

Archived