Jaime, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, the Brotherhood: what do you want to happen?

Dickon_Tarly

According to "The Mystery Knight," trial by combat is a right afforded only to nobility.

So LS and the BWB are treating nobles like how they(the nobles') treat small folk, that just makes them cooler in my book.

Wow, lots of hate for Lady Stoneheart here. I understand, but personally I'd rather see a lot more of her. The North has been suffering for so long in this series, I'm all for supporting the characters that are going about taking names and baking pies out of enemies (Stoneheart, Stannis and Manderly are the Big 3).

In response to the OP, I would like to see Lady Stoneheart become an almost Littlefinger-esque character in The Winds of Winter, orchestrating multiple powerful blows to her enemies while at the same time consolidating the strength of the North/Riverlands and potentially the Vale. It would be a sort of atonement for her, since her decisions more than any other's contributed directly to the destruction of her family.

I am a fan of the Great Northern Conspiracy and we had it mentioned that the Freys chased her and the Brotherhood into the Neck. It's highly probable that while in the Neck, UnCat came into contact with Howland Reed or some of Robb's bannermen that have been hiding out there for so long. It's possible that UnCat now knows the contents of Robb's will and is determined to see his wishes carried out. (If the will names Jon, as most suspect, it would be a leap in mentality for UnCat to support this, but unless word of Wyman's knowledge of Rickon reaches her, I think she would support Jon because whatever her feelings, he is at least half a Stark and only a Stark can rule the North).

As for the meeting with Jaime and Brienne, it may come to a duel, but I don't see either of them dying. After some tense coversation, I think UnCat is going to send Brienne with a Brotherhood battalion to free Edmure and the other prisoners being marched to Casterly Rock.

UnCat and Jaime, possibly with Blackfish in toe, will strike east for the Vale to have a long-overdue reunion with Littlefinger. Littlefinger will either hang or fly (though I'd much rather see him burned) and UnCat will have a heartfelt moment with Sansa before Blackfish gives her the "gift" of mercy.

What happens next is anyone's guess. Sansa comes into power and will either send her new Vale/Riverlands army north to help with the Others or maybe she will march west to claim her rights as the Lady of Casterly Rock. Cersei ordered Sansa's direwolf killed. In return, Sansa comes to take her last haven away from her.

Things that bother me or seem likely:

1. Jaime and Brienne are not going to kill the other. 100% sure of this. I don't think either of them could do it to the other. So they are going to try their damnedest to work around it. She will not forget the Bear Pit. So they either have to take Pod and run which I don't see how, convince Stoneheart of something and go on a task/mission to somehow screw Uncat's enemies against their will enough to convince her it is a worthwhile mission in risking letting them go, or something, news, info, a good lead pops up regarding the kids and they are sent to do something about it. All I know is that they are going to have to be very smart, play a good hand, keep a poker face on, and hope, something comes into play that delivers them and prolongs their time enough to appease Uncat. I am hoping for an unexpected distraction. News of a Stark kid, the Hound gets identified, they go after some more Freys, something.

2. Jaime has to survive to have a showdown with Cersei. I can't shake the volanquar theory and him. So he has to be freed up or survive somehow, even for just a bit longer but not the end of the series.

3.Brienne outlives Jaime. She has more to do. She just ran into the Hound on the QI. She knows Gendry's identity. She is dead set on finding Arya and Sansa.

4. Pod is a liability that Brienne, probably more than Jaime, will worry about his safety. Every decision she makes is

going to include Pod too and this is just added stress and makes her situation even harder.

5. Uncat will die. Not sure how early her exit is. The rumblings we heard that some of the BWB is not happy with her or the belief I have that they may get fed up still lingers in the back of my head. It is not good that Thoros is questioning her. He may get fed up. Then again, I can't see anyone axing Mother Merciless. Jaime screwed her over enough, Brienne swore oaths to her and I can't see her doing that after knowing her losses and knowing her when she was with her after Renly when she was Catelyn. It doesn't make sense, and kills the cred of the BWB if they do in the woman whose work they carried out for such a long time. I think it will be in battle with the Freys or some mission they are on, meaning an outsider gets her, or, if one of them, one rogue BWB member.

6.Just how fed up do the BWB have to be. Thoros? One in a plot that can't carry on because they've had enough with how Uncat does business? One part with Edric Dayne fled already...

Pod was a admitted Lannister man who killed for them and campaigned with Tywin during the early stage of his assault of the RL. The boy was far from innocent.

So did Kevan. As well as being involved in the preparation of the Red Wedding.

And yet if you ask people on here about him, everyone always seems to think he's completely innocent

Double standards much?

Some one should get rid of the abomination called LS. Brienne is capable to do it, and that too with a Stark sword. :drool:

The abomination called Lord Stannis? Indeed, Brienne killing him would be thematically fitting, she swore to, and doing it with a Stark blade is relevant to her status as Catelyn's sworn sword. She likely has other things to do first though.

So did Kevan. As well as being involved in the preparation of the Red Wedding.

And yet if you ask people on here about him, everyone always seems to think he's completely innocent

Double standards much?

They do? I personally consider him a total scumbag, who was Tywin's right hand man in all of his atrocities, and I've seen posters here agree with me on that quite often.

Robb did not recognize Joffrey as king, was it rebellion, yes, but Joffrey broke his bond as a Liege to Vassal. Tywin saw Robert as his true king and with no cause assaulted innocents and started war.

Robb did not recognize Joffrey as king, was it rebellion, yes, but Joffrey broke his bond as a Liege to Vassal. Tywin saw Robert as his true king and with no cause assaulted innocents and started war.

Catelyn kidnapped his son when she had no right to and put him on trial for imagined crimes, there was a cause.

Cat was an agent of house Stark, and as was made an agent of the crown by Ned. He had no cause for his actions broke the king's peace, a king who's hand and power found his cause for war unlawful. Unless Tywin openly unrecognized Robert him going against his peace was unlawful.

Cat was an agent of house Stark, and as was made an agent of the crown by Ned. He had no cause for his actions broke the king's peace, a king who's hand and power found his cause for war unlawful. Unless Tywin openly unrecognized Robert him going against his peace was unlawful.

Made an agent after the kidnapping had already happened. That must mean Tywin was justified since after Robert died and Joff became king Joffrey didn't punish him and even named him Hand.

I see little bit of your point, but after Robert's death it was made out that Joffrey was a bastard born of incest, those his claim and law untrue, but the common West man would bow to him as true. Robert was Tywin's king and he had done nothing to cause Tywin to unrecognized his law. To Cat, yes she had little reason to capture Tyrion, but that gives Tywin little cause to attack the riverlands be it she was acting as an instrument of the Starks. The Tullys were uninvolved giving Tywin no reason to attack their lands. Though I do see your point, Cat did not know she was an agent of the crown those she should only be given credit as an agent of the Starks. Still Cat did follow the Law, she gave him a trial and he was proven innocent.

Saw if it is sounds like I am going back and changing my stand.

I DON'T want Brienne, the purest and noblest knight in the series to sacrifice for Jaime Lannister, of all people

I love Jaime but if Brienne sacrificed herself for Jaime's manpain I'd be mightily pissed off. Luckily I don't think grrm writes that way, he didn't spend chapters developing Brienne only to killer her off so Jaime can mope about it.

Assumption #1: Jaime is still alive. This is pretty self-explanatory just going by narrative conventions, but even beyond that, Jaime is obviously going to see Cersei again (the foreshadowing for which is too voluminous to list here).

What foreshadowing? I see people saying that a lot, but I feel I'm missing something. Is it the Jaime is the valonqar theory?

As for what I want to happen, I want them both to get out of this situation obviously. I'm sure there's a lot more to come from that whole arc though, some seem to believe grrm wrote it for shits and giggles and it means nothing, but I very much doubt it. It has got to lead somewhere, and UnCat is there for a reason.

I'm not sure how long will UnCat live though. I can see the point that she's not just out for vengeance, but she is driven by grief and it's blinding her- Pod and Brienne are the wrong people to kill if she's seeking justice. I read the Great Northern Conspiracy as well, but I'm still unconvinced zombie Cat is that rational.

I see little bit of your point, but after Robert's death it was made out that Joffrey was a bastard born of incest, those his claim and law untrue, but the common West man would bow to him as true. Robert was Tywin's king and he had done nothing to cause Tywin to unrecognized his law. To Cat, yes she had little reason to capture Tyrion, but that gives Tywin little cause to attack the riverlands be it she was acting as an instrument of the Starks. The Tullys were uninvolved giving Tywin no reason to attack their lands. Though I do see your point, Cat did not know she was an agent of the crown those she should only be given credit as an agent of the Starks. Still Cat did follow the Law, she gave him a trial and he was proven innocent.

Saw if it is sounds like I am going back and changing my stand.

The thing is Catelyn broke the peace first, Tywin is just responding. He doesn't even originally plan a full blown invasion of the Riverlands, he wants to lure Ned out and capture him and do a trade but Jaime mucks that up. If he can't do a trade he has to assume the only way he can get his son back is through force.

Archived