Unlikely candidates for Azor Ahai Reborn

hollowcrown

Who are your unlikely candidates for Azor Ahai Reborn...beyond the whole Jon, Dany, Stannis guesses?

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. "

Victarion

Being an ironborn, Victarion has been reborn in salt, due to the baptism in saltwater of the Drowned God. Victarion has also been reborn in smoke, as Moqorro gave him a smoking fire hand. The same hand that killed his wife? Maybe his fire hand is Lightbringer...it's possible. He's also on a collision course and might gain a dragon or two under his control which could be important.

Loras Tyrell

Loras went to Dragonstone to seize the island from Stannis' garrison, however he was apparently drenched in burning oil and is fighting for his life, but many readers think this isn't true. Dragonstone is where Rhaegar Targaryen famously found some spooky secret knowledge and then decided to take up the sword, and Stannis and Dany supporters think they were reborn on Dragonstone due to it's volcanic activity and presence in the Narrow sea...salt and smoke. Maybe Loras will emerge from Dragonstone with new found knowledge as Azor Ahai.

Jaime, I don't know why I just feel like he might become the ultimate hero, it'd be quite fitting as he started off as a horrible villain.

How about you?

A pretty out there guess would be Theon Greyjoy. For all intents and purposes, the Theon the world once knew is dead so he would be reborn in the eyes of the world. His ironborn identity fills the salt aspect and the possibility of Stannis sacrificing him to the red god would fill the smoke aspect. In the end, though, Theon would reject these two faiths for the old gods, as Bran has spoken to him through the weirwood tree. He has a certain connection to the crypts of Winterfell, so if the stone dragon involved the crypts, then he could be a good choice to awaken them. Finally sticking a sword through Ramsay's heart could lead to a redemption of sorts for Theon and a rise of the hero who will save the north, after so dramatically failing it before.

I do not believe this in any way but I was just spitballing.

Dalla's baby - not sure if the name is formal but I've heard someone on the board referring to him as Aemon Battleborn

(if the name is not in the books, GRRM should be forced to call him that as the name's brilliant!)

I don't really see anyone else other than Dany or Jon, even for spitballing. I definitely don't think Stannis is AA, though- we just have too much proof that he is false. Davos, maybe, but I don't think that's his destiny.

I'm going for Jaime as the most likely Unlikely. He's got way too many salt and smoke/rebirth references. He's also got the Esau/Jacob thing going on, is a candidate to wield a glorious sword as a warrior, is on a redemption arc and is therefore GRRM's perfect anti-hero turned hero.

He will also be wielding a literal "king's hand" mark my words if you like. Qyburn will get him one.

Jaime.

It would be quite fun if he was supposed to be Robert or Rhaegar

i love, the concept of azor ahai being someone that wouldve saved everyone, but was killed and it's too late.

Aegon Blackfyre. Azor Ahai. Killed by Daenerys, who, fucks up the entire Varys/Illyrio plot with her insolence.

Jaime, hands down (or should I say "hand" down?)

- There's the reference to Tyr, the Nordic God who lost a hand fighting Fenrir, the chained wolf (does Bran sound familiar?)

- In aGoT, when Jorah carries Dany to Mirri's tent, there are some weird shadows, one of them being a wolf fighting a man covered in flames

- Jaime also fulfills the common requirements: Born amongst salt and smoke (at Harrenhal), beneath the bleeding star (the comet is still visible, right?)

- And here's the kicker, bear with me: The Ghost of High Heart said that the PtwP (who I think is also AA) would come from Aerys and Rhaella's union. So we could read this, alternatively, like AA would come because of Aerys and Rhaella's marriage. So maybe, maybe Tywin ended up marrying Joanna as part of a chain of unknown repercussions that resulted from Aerys and Rhaella's marriage. Or maybe, if we were to go even more crackpot, then we could say Jaime is Aerys and Joanna's son, and that it was Aerys' marriage to Rhaella what eventually led to Aerys having sex with Joanna and having Jaime

Jaime, hands down (or should I say "hand" down?)

- There's the reference to Tyr, the Nordic God who lost a hand fighting Fenrir, the chained wolf (does Bran sound familiar?)

- In aGoT, when Jorah carries Dany to Mirri's tent, there are some weird shadows, one of them being a wolf fighting a man covered in flames

- Jaime also fulfills the common requirements: Born amongst salt and smoke (at Harrenhal), beneath the bleeding star (the comet is still visible, right?)

- And here's the kicker, bear with me: The Ghost of High Heart said that the PtwP (who I think is also AA) would come from Aerys and Rhaella's union. So we could read this, alternatively, like AA would come because of Aerys and Rhaella's marriage. So maybe, maybe Tywin ended up marrying Joanna as part of a chain of unknown repercussions that resulted from Aerys and Rhaella's marriage. Or maybe, if we were to go even more crackpot, then we could say Jaime is Aerys and Joanna's son, and that it was Aerys' marriage to Rhaella what eventually led to Aerys having sex with Joanna and having Jaime

Words cannot describe how much I prefer this to either Jon or Dany being AA.

So in this case, one of the meanings of A Song of Ice and Fire would be Jaime (fire) vs. Bran (ice)?

So in this case, one of the meanings of A Song of Ice and Fire would be Jaime (fire) vs. Bran (ice)?

Yep, this is part of the Ragnarok theory (which I like some parts, though not all). And it's awesome because the whole story started (not technically, but you know what I mean) with Bran and Jaime, so it would be great if it's meant to end with them as well. And it would mean Jon and Dany are just two red herrings, at least when it comes to AA.

However, to be honest, I think Jon as AA is a sure thing. I'd love it like infinite times more if it's Jaime, but I don't think so (I do think something AA related will happen with him and Brienne. There's Thoros, Oathkeeper, the fact that AA killed a lion, etc.)

I always felt like this prophecy was talking about Danaerys, because it seems to match up perfectly, the dragon eggs were stone and then they were hatched. But I really like the clues people have provided for it being Jaime. I've had a feeling that Jaime might not be Tywin's son for a little bit now, meaning Cersei wouldn't be his daughter either. The incest between the two at such a young age is a red flag. Barristan telling Dany that Aerys wanted Joanna Lannister was a Red Flag as well. Jaime's vision/dream in Riverrun is another red flag that when interpreted a certain way, could mean Joanna was telling Jaime that him and Cersei are not Tywin's children. I would like it if Jon Snow was actually meant to be King in the North, or sit the Iron Throne, and Jaime was Azor Azai instead. Jaime has been misunderstood from the beginning. He may have killed his King, but it was not for the reason people in Westeros perceive, that he was allied with his father Tywin and to save his own self. He actually killed Aerys because he wanted to burn Kings Landing and everyone in it to the ground, he saved his brother Tyrion who was wrongly accused of Joffrey's murder, and he jumped one handed into the bear pit to save Brienne. He has been on a path to be a hero for a while now.....

What makes Jaime unlikely? Major character and fighter who has a dream about wielding a flaming sword against dead people.

Man, I forgot about that dream! :bang:

Well, Jaime is excluded by the Ghost of HH's remark about AA coming from Aerys and Rhaella's line (and the fact that he hasn't woken dragons from stone, but that last thing could only be Mel's unique spin on the prophecy)

Archived