Wow, I never noticed that v.5

Angalin

Didn't he kill Quentyn? That's kind of gonna piss of Doran. Eventually Doran will get sick of watching all his family die

It was Rhaegal, which is super ironic since Aegon is most likely to ride Rhaegal if he rides a dragon (I'm convinced he will). And Dorne will back Aegon in part for Daenerys rejection of Quentyn and Quentyn's death in Meereen.

"He might have been more impressed if he had not.known that these were the very chambers that had given the Bloody Keep its name. A thousand years before, the sons of the River King had been slaughtered here, hacked to bits in their beds so that pieces of their bodies might be sent back to the father on the mainland."

Apart from somehow blanking out this disturbing part of Theon I :ack: , its also interesting to note that Theon is later "hacked to pieces" by Ramsay, and pieces of him are sent to his kin, the Ironborn (the skin letters)

This might've already been said elsewhere but on my last reread of GoT I noticed as they're walking away with the direwolf pups it's only Jon that hears Ghost (so he goes back to get him) and IIRC he was standing right next to Ned, Theon etc so it suggests Jon had a bond with ghost before he found him. I may be wrong but I think thats the first indication of the Starks warging capabilities.

Edit: Or Jon just has great hearing :)

This might've already been said elsewhere but on my last reread of GoT I noticed as they're walking away with the direwolf pups it's only Jon that hears Ghost (so he goes back to get him) and IIRC he was standing right next to Ned, Theon etc so it suggests Jon had a bond with ghost before he found him. I may be wrong but I think thats the first indication of the Starks warging capabilities.

Ghost is a mute: apparently no howling nor any kind of sounds emited. So yes, I also think this is the first interaction between Jon and his direwolf =)

So it took me a little while to click that Lanna the daughter of the Sailor's Wife could well be Gerion Lannister's daughter (possibly legitimate), which I think I might have mentioned in a previous incarnation of this thread but what just occurred to me the other day is that the brothel owner charges three times more for her, which is a rather creepy callback to Tywin's comment that "Lannisters are worth more" during Tysha's rape as Tyrion describes it in AGoT

On my first read i never realised how much symbolism there is in the story Meera tells Bran about the tournament in Harrenhall (ASOS Bran 2) When i reread this chapter last week it blew my mind. Rereading is so much fun

Absolutely! I am a big fan of Sandor as well and completely missed the grave Digger BOTH times!! didn't even pick up on Strangers refusal to mind anyone else and being in their stable DUH!

It was Rhaegal, which is super ironic since Aegon is most likely to ride Rhaegal if he rides a dragon (I'm convinced he will).

Apologies for the off-topic, but you've got me curious. Why do you think that?

Right before Mancettleshirt spars with Jon:

"Stannis burned the wrong man."

“No.” The wildling grinned at him through a mouth of brown and broken teeth. “He burned the man he had to burn, for all the world to see. We all do what we have to do, Snow. Even kings.”

Also that last line sounds so much like Mance, even something he could have already said to Jon... And he pretty much makes it sound like he considers himself a king (we all do snip). And I missed all that beautiful ironic obviousness even on my first reread! D:

Ghost is described as silent, so it was Jon hearing him mentally, not with his ears. I never noticed this until it was brought up right now.

Or it was actually the Old Gods/Bloodraven that Jon heard...

Sansa had always thought Lancel Lannister comely and well spoken, but there was neither pity nor kindness in the look he gave her. "Using some vile sorcery, your brother fell upon Ser Stafford Lannister with an army of wargs, not three days ride from Lannisport. Thousands of good men were butchered as they slept, without the chance to lift sword. After the slaughter, the northmen feasted on the flesh of the slain."

Sansa III, Clash

Of course this is all meant to sound like exaggeration, and Tyrion gives us the why later, but we do have the suggestion that Nymeria and her wolf pack aided Grey Wind and Robb.

Ran across a good one just now. When Haldon asks YG what lesson is to be learned from the Tigers of Volantis attempt to take over the free cities YG says in response "if u want to take over the world u best have dragons"! Interesting to note as well the defeat of Volantis in that story came bc the Storm King and a Targ riding a dragon fought against them. This combined with several other fantastic threads out there gives me the distinct impression that Aegon will sit on the IT but will falter when the new Storm King and a Targ riding a dragon set their eyes on the newest Userper. He'll be a nice warm up before Stannis and Dany get down to business at the Trident.

Not trying to change the thread in a giant discussion on the topic of this quote, but I just found this quote from Cersei and I thought people would be interested :)

“Or so he’d have you believe. You think you’re the only one he whispers secrets to? He gives each of us just enough to convince us that we’d be helpless without him. He played the same game with me, when I first wed Robert. For years, I was convinced I had no truer friend at court, but now...”

This is Cersei, telling Tyrion how Varys made her believe in her first few years at court that he was the most true friend she had, whispering her choice whispers. What if Varys did the same with Elia? It would add credibility to the baby-switch, and as to why Elia would remain with a decoy child, (if it is taken into account as well that she probably hadn't regained her full strength, and couldn't run after Rhaenys if Rhaenys suddenly ran out of the room).

Not trying to change the thread in a giant discussion on the topic of this quote, but I just found this quote from Cersei and I thought people would be interested :)

This is Cersei, telling Tyrion how Varys made her believe in her first few years at court that he was the most true friend she had, whispering her choice whispers. What if Varys did the same with Elia? It would add credibility to the baby-switch, and as to why Elia would remain with a decoy child, (if it is taken into account as well that she probably hadn't regained her full strength, and couldn't run after Rhaenys if Rhaenys suddenly ran out of the room).

You really want Aegon to be who he thinks he is, don't you? :)

He most likely didn't throw it away, but payed it to the FM to kill Balon...

I'm not disagreeing but why do people think Euron paid a FM with a dragon egg? I don't remember reading anything to lead to that but I have seen many people state it. I'd like to reread that part.

I'm not disagreeing but why do people think Euron paid a FM with a dragon egg? I don't remember reading anything to lead to that but I have seen many people state it. I'd like to reread that part.

Because not even Euron would be so stupid to throw away a dragon egg, specially now that news of Dany's dragons are around.

Archived