[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

Actually, I think that Varys will be going to Dorne or King's Landing. Kevin is in this season so there might be some Kevin-killin'

I refuse to believe that Varys will be backing Dany, it makes no sense and I don't want to accept it.... :P

Drogon is going to be ginormous.

There is one scene that looks like Varys & Tyrion in a market...I read somewhere that this is them in Volantis.

eeekkk!!!!! :)

Thanks for posting that. Young Cersei makes sense now

so we get to see her get the prophecy and possibly let her friend drown in the well?

If Jaime is taking the place or Arys, why dont they just keep Arianne? WTF hbo?

Very little Reek, I will have to watch again to see him...and no Stannis at all?

Maybe Varys will just get Tyrion to Illyrio then turn around and head back. Idk about where Varys's loyalties lie. He did make that comment about "who said anything about him" cut to Dany. (which was so sick).

And since there is zero Blackfyre backstory so far on the show, I just dont see how they could bring it in at this point......

Maybe but it feels a little to open for Varys to show his hand so easily, but who knows.

Something just occurred to me. Do you guys remember last season when Dany's is petting Drogon and then she tries to stop him from eating his brothers food and he freaks out at her. It would be nice if they include the scene where Dany shared the horse with Drogon as a juxtaposition of that scene.

There is one scene that looks like Varys & Tyrion in a market...I read somewhere that this is them in Volantis.

I think that's where they will separate in part because Jorah takes Tyrion prisoner.

Maybe but it feels a little to open for Varys to show his hand so easily, but who knows.

Something just occurred to me. Do you guys remember last season when Dany's is petting Drogon and then she tries to stop him from eating his brothers food and he freaks out at her. It would be nice if they include the scene where Dany shared the horse with Drogon as a juxtaposition of that scene.

NIce Catch. I think they were showing that on purpose, and Jorah said right after, 'You can never control them' or something.......OH yes she can!!! I think they are deliberately showing her getting control of him. Actually the shot of drogon breathing fire in the trailer immediately reminded me of Dany's first dream of Drogon , where he 'cleanses her with fire'. So maybe that was a dream of Dany's, that way at least HBO could make it clear that she does have to bond with him to become a true dragonlord and ride him properly......

eeekkk!!!!! :)

Thanks for posting that. Young Cersei makes sense now

so we get to see her get the prophecy and possibly let her friend drown in the well?

If Jaime is taking the place or Arys, why dont they just keep Arianne? WTF hbo?

Very little Reek, I will have to watch again to see him...and no Stannis at all?

They didn't show Stannis but there is that map that looks like a bunch of Flayed Men pieces...my guess is the map is Stannis' map of the North while at the Wall.

NIce Catch. I think they were showing that on purpose, and Jorah said right after, 'You can never control them' or something.......OH yes she can!!! I think they are deliberately showing her getting control of him. Actually the shot of drogon breathing fire in the trailer immediately reminded me of Dany's first dream of Drogon , where he 'cleanses her with fire'. So maybe that was a dream of Dany's, that way at least HBO could make it clear that she does have to bond with him to become a true dragonlord and ride him properly......

Hmm, didn't think about the dream but that would be nice, we've had so few of those things in the show. It looks like Dany is in a dark room when she sees the dragon breathing fire at her, it's not like the clear day of Daznak's.

I like this idea, I hope it happens.

I think Varys will get all the way to Daenerys...he served under her father and would know many secrets that could help her. But Selmy will be his biggest opponent.

Hmm, I'm not sure but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe Varys will get separated from Tyrion before or as he's captured by Jorah or slavers. We don't see him again until the last episode where he's revealed to have escaped to Illyrio's. Someone gives them the news that Daenerys is presumed dead after the pit incident, and Varys says something like "Oh well, we've still got Aegon."

Maybe Varys will get separated from Tyrion before or as he's capture by Jorah or slavers.

If Varys does go to Meereen it won't be with Tyrion. They've shown filming of Jorah and Tyrion traveling together and I doubt that Varys came along.

Would be funny if Varys goes to Volantis on purpose because he knows Jorah is there and Jorah would use a Lannister to get into Dany's good graces.

That's one of the worst ideas ever posted on this forum. Which is saying a lot, considering the extremely tough competition.

How so? The vengeance part...not the leader of an outlaw gang. I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

It's yet another shortcut by HBO.

How so? The vengeance part...not the leader of an outlaw gang. I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

It's yet another shortcut by HBO.

Geez, I don't know - maybe because major characters all have their logical characterization, character development and arcs, and aren't blank slates that are interchangeable so you could just service the plot? Because Sansa and Lady Stoneheart are very, very different characters? Because Sansa has her own story and can't be randomly used as a stand-in for the undead, monstrous version of her mother whose story is supposed to be about how tragic, completely consumed by vengeance and barely human she is after her resurrection?

Leaked script summary for Season 5 Episode 1. (from another thread posted by someone else)

• Flashback scene! Maggy the Frog and Cersei's prophesy.
    • Aftermath of Tywin's death.Over his corpse Cersei asks Jaime if he freed Tyrion, he denies it but she knows he's lying.
    • Cersei finds her surrouned by Tyrells after she leaves Jaime. Cersei refuses to look Loras in the eye while he gives his condolances. Margaery comforts Tommen.
    • Cersei bumps into Pycelle but avoids him.
    • After that she meets Lancel who is barefoot and has joined the Sparrows ( not warriors sons?)...and Kevan. Lancel looks dreadful.
    • Later on she sees Lancel again who wants her forgiveness about what happened between them before...and also discusses the nasty business with Roberts "hunting accident".
    • Cersei pretends she doesn't know what he is talking about.
    • Lancel is a religious nut now...who knows what he will tell others.
    • We turn to Meereen where an Unsullied soldier is looking for time with a whore...to cuddle.
    • It ends in disaster when the man is attacked while with the woman.
    • The Harpy's sons have become a problem in Meereen and Dany has her men patrol the streets.
    • Daario and Hizdar come back from being in Yunkai and tell her to attack Yunkai first with her dragons...she must show no weakness.
    • The Yunkai are eager to attack her.
    • Dany goes to the dragons in the pit...she will suffer no more "accidents" ,so she can't use the dragons unles she can control them. But havethey have grown and try and attack her.
    • She realises she will not able to use them or control them...ever.
    • Final scene takes place at the Wall where Stannis talks to Jon about attacking Roose Bolton. Melisandre isn't far behind.
    • Stannis wants Jon to convince Mance to kneel, he needs the wildling army to attack the Boltons.
    • Jon has until nightfall to accomplish this task.

More of the leaked script regarding later in the season

• A scene takes place between Jaime and Cersei where they receive a box with a dead viper in it, a lion necklace in its jaw. Cersei tells Jaime that there are only two such necklaces in the world – the one she is wearing around her neck, and the one she has gifted to Myrcella. Jaime agrees that this is a threat by the Martells. Cersei is furious that their daughter is in danger.
    • A short scene where Jon Snow is elected Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch.
    • Then another scene with Pod and Brienne where they are chased by Vale guards on Littlefingers orders.
    • Arya arrives in Braavos. She asks the Kindly Man for help who refuses her, but a few days later he decides to train her and he puts on Jaqen H'ghar’s face, that should please some fangirls. He tells Arya that he is not Jaqen though, but no one, and that Arya must become no one too.
    • Barristan finally reveals to Daenerys that her father was in fact the Mad King and cruel and burned people for no reason. With that he stops her from executing a Son of the Harpy.
    • Another scene with Tyrion and Varys where Varys urges him to join him on his journey – to Meereen. He tells Tyrion that he still has a part to play in the war of Westeros and that the Seven Kingdoms need a better king than Tommen.
    • Tyrion tells Varys “good luck finding him” and Varys goes all “who said anything about HIM?” Tyrion then agrees to join Varys on his journey to the young QUEEN as long as he can keep drinking.
    • They go to Volantis after this.

Geez, I don't know - maybe because major characters all have their logical characterization, character development and arcs, and aren't blank slates that are interchangeable so you could just service the plot? Because Sansa and Lady Stoneheart are very, very different characters? Because Sansa has her own story and can't be randomly used as a stand-in for the undead, monstrous version of her mother whose story is supposed to be about how tragic, completely consumed by vengeance and barely human she is after her resurrection?

I assume he just meant she'd be riding around the riverlands hanging Freys, and end up meeting and judging Brienne and Pod. She doesn't have to become a zombie. I think it's far from the worst idea I've ever heard on here. I think they could make it work, and what else are they gonna do with her?

Leaked script summary for Season 5 Episode 1. (from another thread posted by someone else)

• Flashback scene! Maggy the Frog and Cersei's prophesy.
    • Aftermath of Tywin's death.Over his corpse Cersei asks Jaime if he freed Tyrion, he denies it but she knows he's lying.
    • Cersei finds her surrouned by Tyrells after she leaves Jaime. Cersei refuses to look Loras in the eye while he gives his condolances. Margaery comforts Tommen.
    • Cersei bumps into Pycelle but avoids him.
    • After that she meets Lancel who is barefoot and has joined the Sparrows ( not warriors sons?)...and Kevan. Lancel looks dreadful.
    • Later on she sees Lancel again who wants her forgiveness about what happened between them before...and also discusses the nasty business with Roberts "hunting accident".
    • Cersei pretends she doesn't know what he is talking about.
    • Lancel is a religious nut now...who knows what he will tell others.
    • We turn to Meereen where an Unsullied soldier is looking for time with a whore...to cuddle.
    • It ends in disaster when the man is attacked while with the woman.
    • The Harpy's sons have become a problem in Meereen and Dany has her men patrol the streets.
    • Daario and Hizdar come back from being in Yunkai and tell her to attack Yunkai first with her dragons...she must show no weakness.
    • The Yunkai are eager to attack her.
    • Dany goes to the dragons in the pit...she will suffer no more "accidents" ,so she can't use the dragons unles she can control them. But havethey have grown and try and attack her.
    • She realises she will not able to use them or control them...ever.
    • Final scene takes place at the Wall where Stannis talks to Jon about attacking Roose Bolton. Melisandre isn't far behind.
    • Stannis wants Jon to convince Mance to kneel, he needs the wildling army to attack the Boltons.
    • Jon has until nightfall to accomplish this task.

More of the leaked script regarding later in the season

• A scene takes place between Jaime and Cersei where they receive a box with a dead viper in it, a lion necklace in its jaw. Cersei tells Jaime that there are only two such necklaces in the world – the one she is wearing around her neck, and the one she has gifted to Myrcella. Jaime agrees that this is a threat by the Martells. Cersei is furious that their daughter is in danger.
    • A short scene where Jon Snow is elected Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch.
    • Then another scene with Pod and Brienne where they are chased by Vale guards on Littlefingers orders.
    • Arya arrives in Braavos. She asks the Kindly Man for help who refuses her, but a few days later he decides to train her and he puts on Jaqen H'ghar’s face, that should please some fangirls. He tells Arya that he is not Jaqen though, but no one, and that Arya must become no one too.
    • Barristan finally reveals to Daenerys that her father was in fact the Mad King and cruel and burned people for no reason. With that he stops her from executing a Son of the Harpy.
    • Another scene with Tyrion and Varys where Varys urges him to join him on his journey – to Meereen. He tells Tyrion that he still has a part to play in the war of Westeros and that the Seven Kingdoms need a better king than Tommen.
    • Tyrion tells Varys “good luck finding him” and Varys goes all “who said anything about HIM?” Tyrion then agrees to join Varys on his journey to the young QUEEN as long as he can keep drinking.
    • They go to Volantis after this.

I've seen that before. I'm not sure why you're posting it now.

I assume he just meant she'd be riding around the riverlands hanging Freys, and end up meeting and judging Brienne and Pod. She doesn't have to become a zombie. I think it's far from the worst idea I've ever heard on here.

No, the worst idea is still "Myranda will take the place of fake Arya". This is the second worst.

Yeah. it's a terrible idea. How the heck can't you not see that? It is unbelievably stupid in every possible way.

I think they could make it work, and what else are they gonna do with her?

:bang: Her actual storyline from the books?

So she can't change? Traumatic events can't lead her to 'avenge' her family? I'm not saying she will do exactly as LSH but replace her story in the show.

The show is replacing Arys Oakheart's story (to an extent) with Jaime and Bronn.

JonCon & Aegon are not even in the show...and Varys is traveling with Tyrion...at least as far as Volantis if the speculation is true.

I've seen that before. I'm not sure why you're posting it now.

I'm sorry...I didn't realize you were the only person reading these threads. Maybe someone else would like to read it. Get off your high horse already.

I assume he just meant she'd be riding around the riverlands hanging Freys, and end up meeting and judging Brienne and Pod. She doesn't have to become a zombie. I think it's far from the worst idea I've ever heard on here. I think they could make it work, and what else are they gonna do with her?

Yes...this is closer to what I imagined. Exacting revenge for her family...in some HBO version.

Archived