[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

Oh, I forgot to say before, if "The Children" is used over Bran storyline, then I agree the similar songs might imply a connection between Bran & Dany, as both will likely play significant roles in the War for the Dawn.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Bran will warg Drogon. It is known.

The moment in the show when it's finally revealed who Jon's parents are is probably going to fall flat on its ass. I've talked to several fans of the show who barely remember who Rhaegar was at this point. Lyanna is even more of a mystery. They will react by thinking that it's right out of left field, and to a certain extent it will be. There are a few clues and moments of foreshadowing in the show, to be sure, but it's very thin honestly.

After I read the books and did not realize that R+L=J, I did not care for R+L either. They were the reason for Robert's rebellion. That's all. The show (which is already overcrowded with characters) is doing a good job a mentioning them. You have to keep in mind that they are dead characters right form the beginning.

Was I the only one who felt a little chill go down my spine when Melisandre stared at Jon through the fire? She definitely recognizes him, it was a look of "That's him!" It said a lot without any words at all...I think we will get some great scenes next season, and maybe some more hints. This was the first that we've had that Jon could be Azor Ahai reborn.

Was I the only one who felt a little chill go down my spine when Melisandre stared at Jon through the fire? She definitely recognizes him, it was a look of "That's him!" It said a lot without any words at all...I think we will get some great scenes next season, and maybe some more hints. This was the first that we've had that Jon could be Azor Ahai reborn.

Yeah I noticed that. Dammit there was a line that Mance said to JOn, I can't remember now, Ill have to watch again tonight, but it was a strong R+L hint.

Also did you guys like TYwins death?

You are my son, you are my son, you are my son. Crossbow Thrummmm. You are no son of mine.....dead

Love it!!

Yeah I noticed that. Dammit there was a line that Mance said to JOn, I can't remember now, Ill have to watch again tonight, but it was a strong R+L hint.

You are my son, you are my son, you are my son. Crossbow Thrummmm. You are no son of mine.....dead

Love it!!

Believe it was Tormund who said that Jon could never be a kneeler again. I would be shocked if that isn't a bit of foreshadowing XD

Dammit there was a line that Mance said to JOn, I can't remember now, Ill have to watch again tonight, but it was a strong R+L hint.

Do you remember what it vaguely was? I missed that completely.

Also side-note, but my friend and I were watching and talking about how "Rhaegar-y" Jon looked all episode, lol.

Do you remember what it vaguely was? I missed that completely.

Also side-note, but my friend and I were watching and talking about how "Rhaegar-y" Jon looked all episode, lol.

Tormund said that Jon could never be a kneeler again. (I mentioned it above but I know it's easy to miss posts ^^)

There's an interview up at EW.com with Alex Graves where he says that as he told the story, the Hound is done. He asks how the Hound could survive--good question, since TV Hound has blood poisoning and a compound leg fracture--and says that [the Hound's survival] is not left open-ended, but the point is that Arya walks away. It could be trolling, but remember that Alex Graves has said that he insisted D&D spoil him for future books, so...

There's an interview up at EW.com with Alex Graves where he says that as he told the story, the Hound is done. He asks how the Hound could survive--good question, since TV Hound has blood poisoning and a compound leg fracture--and says that [the Hound's survival] is not left open-ended, but the point is that Arya walks away. It could be trolling, but remember that Alex Graves has said that he insisted D&D spoil him for future books, so...

For me, I like the open-ended feel of it. He's dead to Arya, which is the important part. And I doubt that he will play a significant part in the future story anyway, so I think it's fine as is without confirmation one way or the other.

That's cool, I'm sure you will be right about the finale this week.

OK So i was thinking a lot more about this. Aemon loved a girl intensely... The only time during his life when it would have been possible for him to have a girlfriend is when he was in Oldtown at the Citadel between the age of 10 and 19. He was sent to the citadel at a very young age by King Dareon. It was thought that Aemon was possibly the son of Aemon the Dragonknight, so King Dareon wanted him out of KL to avoid any power struggles.

If this girl of his was important enough to bring up in the show, how important must it be in the books? I mean if it is true then that was a huge reveal, because absolutely not one thing has ever been mentioned about Aemon having a girlfriend ever in the books. My personal opinion on who the girl is....OK someone who either lived in Oldtown or was just visiting there, possibly someone from Dorne. We know that Aemon frequented the bar from FFC prologue that Alleras and Pate are drinking at. If Aemon like going to a bar it stands to reason he had a drink from time to time, so the idea that he met a girl there is not unreasonable. I am just trying to narrow it down.....But the real question is....Is it possible he fathered a child while there? most couplings do end in children, who knows. My best guess is that it was a Toland. We have Telora Toland having prophetic dragon dreams in the beginning of WoW, there is no history written for house Toland, only that their sigil is a dragon chasing it's tail. Maybe Telora is a descendant of Aemon? I mean that is just a shot in the dark. But we know Aemon was one of the Targs who does have the dragon dreams, so it would make sense that children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren of his would also inherit the prophetic dream ability, as we know that not every person with Targ blood has that power, only some of them do.

Thats my guess :)

That is a pretty good shot- I like it.

Love it!!

I think its more of a confirmation that Tyrion was Tywins son after all- clever, had his vices, with the big difference is that Tyrion probablly was more like Tywins father and not a hypocrite.

Unlike his grandfather, (whom Tywin had his own "daddy" issues with), Tyrion actually is to be feared because he is that smart and can be ruthless when warrented.

Yes, Tywin died with his innermost person exposed for what he was.

I think its more of a confirmation that Tyrion was Tywins son after all- clever, had his vices, with the big difference is that Tyrion probablly was more like Tywins father and not a hypocrite.

Unlike his grandfather, (whom Tywin had his own "daddy" issues with), Tyrion actually is to be feared because he is that smart and can be ruthless when warrented.

Yes, Tywin died with his innermost person exposed for what he was.

Oh I wasnt making a case for A+J=T. I was just saying it was a great scene, very true to the book, a lot of the episode was very close to the book, LOved it!!!

The brienne/hound fight was added in, but it makes perfect sense, and the outcome is exactly the same. So I am happy.

Pissed there was no Val. She better be in next season.

Also I LOVED how Varys heard the bells of TYwins death, and was like 'Woops, nevermind, think Ill just hop on this boat and bail out."

And you know that he immediately realized, 'OK Tywin is dead, who is in charge now? Oh wait, it's Cersei....I'm out!"

:agree: That scene really struck as Mel looking into the flames and only seeing "Snow." I think Jon is AA reborn definitely.

I never know what to make of Alex Graves, to be honest ; he just makes the weirdest statements. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to give up on the Hound (even if he still has a role in the books later), as they seem to have dropped LS.

Oh I wasnt making a case for A+J=T. I was just saying it was a great scene, very true to the book, a lot of the episode was very close to the book, LOved it!!!

The brienne/hound fight was added in, but it makes perfect sense, and the outcome is exactly the same. So I am happy.

Pissed there was no Val. She better be in next season.

Also I LOVED how Varys heard the bells of TYwins death, and was like 'Woops, nevermind, think Ill just hop on this boat and bail out."

And you know that he immediately realized, 'OK Tywin is dead, who is in charge now? Oh wait, it's Cersei....I'm out!"

Oh I know. I was thinking about the irony that of all his children, (and I think they are all his children), that Tyrion is most like him.

And agree on the rest of the show. :)

That was my first thought, too! Very nice foreshadowing here.

Uhh... since this is Alex "it was totally consensual" Graves we're talking about here, I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

Dany & Jon Shippers!

A very nice parallel last night, both Dany and Jon burned their first loves in pyres in their loved ones true "homes". Dany burned Drogo in the Dothraki Sea and Jon burned Ygritee in the "true" North. ;)

:box:

Archived