The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

If Flash/Superman/etc use full powers, every episode would be done in 5 seconds.

Not sure how that's any better.

It's not. It's also probably why smallville deliberately depowered Superman for a huge part of the show (plus he has a weakness).

I honestly cant think of a superhero show where the heroes use their powers to their full potential. I still remember seeing an X-men show where Magneto couldnt use his powers on plastic sentinels, but what Barry does is even dumber.

Still, there is some hilarity in seeing Barry get his ass kicked for dumb reasons, so im cool with it.

But the problem here is that the Flash does. He can read at super-speed. He can accomplish complicated tasks at superspeed. There are so many examples in the show of him being able to hit his full potential. It doesn't ruin the show as they are always used in idiotic guffaw/cutesy moments but it irks me. Again, smallville didn't have Clark flying around shooting lasers in season 2 only to have him never doing it again in other situations. I'm not even a fan of smallville.

If Arrow was ever in an episode where he's stuck in a pit with the option to salmon ladder out of it, and he doesn't it would be incongrous.

Yawn. Complaining about him not using his full powers every time, is idiotic. It's never like that in the comics, not sure why people expect it in a TV show. Superheroes will NEVER take the easy way to beat a villain, or else what's the point of the show? It would last 5 minutes every time.

As for superhero prisons, Star Labs is probably in contact with the authorities, they probably just don't show it in scenes. (Although i agree they should)

Complaining about complaining - that never gets tired either :P

There are plenty of superheroes in comics that use their powers and still don't get easy wins. Spider-man and Daredevil spring to mind. It's only the likes of the ridiculously powerful where it becomes an issue. It probably also reflects why Superman has trouble finding a large audience these days.

Nobody's saying the episodes should last five minutes, just that the writers should come up with credible threats that can challenge the Flash. Which has been done, believe it or not, in the 70 odd years he's been around.

They are using the same villains, believe it or not. With the same guns basically, which Flash never just "steals" just like that.

The hero never goes up to the villain and steals their gun/weapon right away, even if they could and even if it's the logical thing to do. Or else it would end damn quickly.

Type of thing you'll have to deal with or quit watching, because i really doubt it ever changes. It hasn't in the comics.

Complaining about complaining - that never gets tired either :P

There are plenty of superheroes in comics that use their powers and still don't get easy wins. Spider-man and Daredevil spring to mind. It's only the likes of the ridiculously powerful where it becomes an issue. It probably also reflects why Superman has trouble finding a large audience these days.

They won't power down Flash even more. It won't change.

People can complain all they want, but if it's about things that also happen in the comics, then maybe they shouldn't watch superhero shows? It's the type of show you really need to turn your brain off and just enjoy the ride. Not everyone can do that.

But the problem here is that the Flash does. He can read at super-speed. He can accomplish complicated tasks at superspeed. There are so many examples in the show of him being able to hit his full potential. It doesn't ruin the show as they are always used in idiotic guffaw/cutesy moments but it irks me. Again, smallville didn't have Clark flying around shooting lasers in season 2 only to have him never doing it again in other situations. I'm not even a fan of smallville.

If Arrow was ever in an episode where he's stuck in a pit with the option to salmon ladder out of it, and he doesn't it would be incongrous.

Yes I get where you're coming from, but how often havent we seen Superman in one form or another lose to some petty crook for some stupid reason? Its tv, it's mostly aimed at people who turn off their brains and don't analyze stuff the way pretty much everybody (me included) on this site does.

:rofl: This so needs to happen. Preferably with the bad guys politely waiting for him at the top to fight him when he gets there, occasionally complaining how long he's taking.

Archived