The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

I really enjoyed this episode. There was no shock at the end, but it was nice to get a few things out in the open, most especially Barry's feelings for Iris. There was also some really good emotional scenes with Joe/Barry and Barry/Father.

I'm still trying to figure out Wells' reasoning for making Barry a better Flash and what it has to do with Crisis. Still some interesting bits to this story even if we know who the Reverse-Flash is.

Yeah, since I don't know anything about the comics, I really don't know who Wells is supposed to be. My first thought after the first episode is that he is Barry Allen from the future. This still holds for me after the latest reveal, because in the future The Flash could have defeated Reverse Flash and taken his costume.

Yeah, since I don't know anything about the comics, I really don't know who Wells is supposed to be. My first thought after the first episode is that he is Barry Allen from the future. This still holds for me after the latest reveal, because in the future The Flash could have defeated Reverse Flash and taken his costume.

I think this is less likely because I think it's pretty clear that a Flash comes back and tries to stop the Reverse-Flash from killing his mother (red/yellow swirling colors) and is probably the reason young Barry gets whipped blocks away. I can't see any reason why The Flash would take the Reverse-Flash's costume and come back and taunt him.

Also, for the record, the only thing I know about the comics is what I read here. I've never read them.

I really enjoyed this episode. There was no shock at the end, but it was nice to get a few things out in the open, most especially Barry's feelings for Iris. There was also some really good emotional scenes with Joe/Barry and Barry/Father.

I agree on the emotional scenes. Joe continues to kill it for me. The scene in Barry's lab had me in tears.

My only question is with the scene in which Wells gets yanked into the force field and beat up. If he is reverse flash, which was clear, how did that take place? Or is the reverse flash that beat him up from the future? Or, was it all an elaborate set up to take suspicion away from Wells?

As to the comics, I've never read a Flash comic, so this is all new to me.

I also loved the scenes with Ronnie Raymond. Firestorm was fantastic.

I agree on the emotional scenes. Joe continues to kill it for me. The scene in Barry's lab had me in tears.

My only question is with the scene in which Wells gets yanked into the force field and beat up. If he is reverse flash, which was clear, how did that take place? Or is the reverse flash that beat him up from the future? Or, was it all an elaborate set up to take suspicion away from Wells?

The way I read the scene was tied into your last two points. I think it was the Reverse-Flash from the future (especially since it's clear that RF had fought Barry before but that was Barry's first time), that he did pull Wells into the force field and beat him up to take away suspicion but also did it so that they'd close down the force field so he could grab the device thingy and get away.

Are we supposed to know what the contraption was he put on the RF chest, or what it did? Pretty confused by that ending tbh. If it is Wells from the future, what's he trying to acheive? I mean, the characters know a bit more than they did before after that episode, but nothing's really changed. Why go through the whole pantomime of capturing him and letting him escape etc, what would be the point of all that?

Are we supposed to know what the contraption was he put on the RF chest, or what it did? Pretty confused by that ending tbh. If it is Wells from the future, what's he trying to acheive? I mean, the characters know a bit more than they did before after that episode, but nothing's really changed. Why go through the whole pantomime of capturing him and letting him escape etc, what would be the point of all that?

He needed that device and that was the way to get it since he couldn't get into the vault in Mercury Labs (remember, he devised the plan to use the device as bait). It's clear the device does something to his suit which might be the basis for his powers.

Yeah.

Also, if he was the RF, wouldn't he have healed from those bruises already?

I think it's the suit that generates the power, at least that's what I got from the suit vibrating when the device was added to it. He wouldn't want to put that on and have the bruises heal in seconds then go chat with everyone. It'd give away his secret.

Archived