The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

I think it's the suit that generates the power, at least that's what I got from the suit vibrating when the device was added to it. He wouldn't want to put that on and have the bruises heal in seconds then go chat with everyone. It'd give away his secret.

What about his voice?

It was really well done. My head is hurting trying to wrap around the time travel2.

Despite the voice alteration, I still want to believe there's more to what is going on1.

1 Well there has to be. He wants/keeps pushing Flash to be "better" and really wanted to make sure he went missing in the future. It must have to do with him getting his own powers.

No one else assumed there was a future Flash present at the outset of the show2?

2 The problem w/ that is why would Flash go back in time to save his mother, and only save himself? That really will make your head hurt.

What about his voice?

I read somewhere that he was touching the suit after he put the device on it while his voice changed. So, if it's the device that gives him the powers, touching the suit with the device on it would give him his powers. Maybe? lol

Maybe Wells in the present (wheelchair) doesn't have any powers (or burned up/used up all his powers coming back) and needs the device to actually be a speedster. Then the reverse flash that beat him up was him from the future (or another person that is working with him) that was able to get the powers somehow without the device.

I read somewhere that he was touching the suit after he put the device on it while his voice changed. So, if it's the device that gives him the powers, touching the suit with the device on it would give him his powers. Maybe? lol

Maybe Wells in the present (wheelchair) doesn't have any powers (or burned up/used up all his powers coming back) and needs the device to actually be a speedster. Then the reverse flash that beat him up was him from the future (or another person that is working with him) that was able to get the powers somehow without the device.

Would be consistent with Eobard Thawne's character. He regularly went back in time to change things that bothered his past version.

Unless the device the reverse flash stole isn't the real device. Wells could have swapped it out and they hid this information to make us think this way. He can blame the other guy. Also does the red/yellow suit matter to the electricity that the powers are giving off? Wells just seems to care to much for me to think he is the bad guy.

I think forgot his name right now, mentioning how the reverse flash didn't kill him is a clue

Not a comic reader, and I'm disappointed to see there's nothing 'reverse' about Reverse Flash at all, except maybe his morals.

I'm seeing Wells now as a kind of Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable, believing he's a necessary evil for the greater good. I'm still praying he's redeemable, because I like him and I don't think Sisko and Caitlin can carry it by themselves.

Not a comic reader, and I'm disappointed to see there's nothing 'reverse' about Reverse Flash at all, except maybe his morals.

That's pretty much it, and the colors in the comics are the opposite of Flash, where Flash has yellow, RF had red, where Flash had red, RF had yellow.

Wow, that is disappointing. I thought it would be something to do with the powers. Like RF can only run fast backwards or that RF could go travel to the past while Flash could travel to the future. Red and Yellow aren't even on opposite sides of the color wheel.

The second Reverse-Flash (Hunter Zolomon) in the comics didn't actually move at super-speed; rather, he manipulated time to appear he was moving at super-speed. It's like that scene in Heroes where Hiro was taking on a super-speedster. In fact, I believe that's where the writers of that show got the idea.

So, that is what I believe this Reverse-Flash does also and that's what he meant when he said he was the Flash's reverse, and how he's able to stay one step ahead of the Flash.

2 The problem w/ that is why would Flash go back in time to save his mother, and only save himself? That really will make your head hurt.

There was a whole event in DC comics centred around this question and it ultimately lead to the relaunch of the entire line. Basically if he prevents his mother from dying then he never becomes the person he is which leads to all kinds of timey-wimey effects. This is a speculative example but what if Iris and her dad die because his mother never died? Who would he choose then? I think it will be something like this that poor old Barry has to choose. It's also how reverse Flash wins because it is something BArry can't undo.

As for Wells/reverse Flash - I definitely got the impression that reverse Flash was talking as if they were old adversary's so he's certainly from a future timeline.

I think they are doing are far better job with arcs in this show than in Arrow. Certainly more mystery to get our teeth into. Arrow hasn't even managed to get me wondering who killed the character in episode 1 of season 3 yet.

I must say, a show like this is usually your standard whodunit or some such mystery.....but I can't for the life of me cobble together a theory that fits. If Wells is from the future, then I assume the actual Wells from this time didn't have the use of his legs after the particle accelerator explosion (otherwise, why would the future Wells pretend to need a wheelchair?), but then where is the original Wells? If he is, as looks likely, the Reverse Flash, then either there are 3 Wells' running around or (unless Future Wells killed Original Wells), or the original Wells is actually the Reverse Flash. I was trying to work out a theory where original Wells invented the RF suit and went a bit nuts, then calmed down in 2020 and realised he could potentially save his girlfriend/wife (I forget), went back in time (I'm wildly riffing now, maybe the RF suit does manipulate time as per Hunter Zolomon) and is now enacting some sort of plan to go further back and save aforementioned wife/girlfriend. But that doesn't work, because the RF killed Barry's Mum earlier than all this (when was Wells' partner killed in relation to Barry's Mum dying, do we know?), and it wouldn't explain the "Professor Wells, we meet at last" line.

I feel like a show pitched at this general intelligence level shouldn't be this complicated and I'm missing something obvious, making a complete fool of myself waffling on about nonsense. Please feel free to point out if this is the case. :)

I'm pretty disappointed with the Wells reveal and am hoping against hope that it'll turn out to be some kind of red herring or they'll walk it back.

My issues are that 1) I would really have preferred for Wells to have been a morally flawed mastermind, but genuinely protective of Barry (and the other two, blanking on their names) and not totally evil. Now it looks like he's just got a convoluted plot to fuck with Barry, and is pure evil.

2) It's looking extremely convoluted, obviously time travel or at least seeing the future was going to be part of this from episode one, but now they've got, if Wells is indeed Reverse Flash, two versions of him at the same time, and one beating the snot out of the other. And now it's looking like they're inserting a future Flash into the murder of Barry's mother. Just getting very messy and begging for the usual annoying time travel plot holes to crop up.

I must say, a show like this is usually your standard whodunit or some such mystery.....but I can't for the life of me cobble together a theory that fits. If Wells is from the future, then I assume the actual Wells from this time didn't have the use of his legs after the particle accelerator explosion (otherwise, why would the future Wells pretend to need a wheelchair?), but then where is the original Wells? If he is, as looks likely, the Reverse Flash, then either there are 3 Wells' running around or (unless Future Wells killed Original Wells), or the original Wells is actually the Reverse Flash. I was trying to work out a theory where original Wells invented the RF suit and went a bit nuts, then calmed down in 2020 and realised he could potentially save his girlfriend/wife (I forget), went back in time (I'm wildly riffing now, maybe the RF suit does manipulate time as per Hunter Zolomon) and is now enacting some sort of plan to go further back and save aforementioned wife/girlfriend. But that doesn't work, because the RF killed Barry's Mum earlier than all this (when was Wells' partner killed in relation to Barry's Mum dying, do we know?), and it wouldn't explain the "Professor Wells, we meet at last" line.

I feel like a show pitched at this general intelligence level shouldn't be this complicated and I'm missing something obvious, making a complete fool of myself waffling on about nonsense. Please feel free to point out if this is the case. :)

I think there are more than one Prof Wells. I also wouldn't rule out that someone else gets the suit - especially if the intention was for us to see that the suit was being charged with tachyons. The key thing is that tachyons are supposed to travel faster than light and that means they can technically go backkwards in time. It therefore makes sense (possibly moreso than the comics) if reverse Flash literally lives backwards through time. That way it is future Wells and present Wells has been tipped off and is becoming reverse flash.

I like the fact that we can guess. I don't think it's pitched above it's target audience as it's more a "along for the ride" puzzle than "FTS it makes my head hurt and I don't know what's going on"

I still think Wells is trying to make Flash the ultimate hero and that he's willing to be the villain if it saves the world. He strikes me as the kind of guy who - seeing the end of the world would be willing to do this for the greater good.

My issues are that 1) I would really have preferred for Wells to have been a morally flawed mastermind, but genuinely protective of Barry (and the other two, blanking on their names) and not totally evil. Now it looks like he's just got a convoluted plot to fuck with Barry, and is pure evil.

Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow, apparently both have comic book versions fo themselves:

The former is a super hero called Vibe, the latter a super villain called Killer Frost.

If Wells is from the future, then I assume the actual Wells from this time didn't have the use of his legs after the particle accelerator explosion (otherwise, why would the future Wells pretend to need a wheelchair?)

It could just be simply to decrease the hostility of other victims of the accident, by looking like a victim himself. But also to decrease suspicion by Barry and the (incredibly hard to like) technical support people.

I'm unsure if Wells is R-Flash, it seems maybe a little obvious, but also the body type doesn't seem right.

Archived