(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Maybe when Oberyn makes the Mountain's head hurt from his talking, he yanks it off in frustration :dunno:

I think he knocks it out with a spear, I kinda hope they'll keep Mountain's lines to minimum other than for the very end

I think he knocks it out with a spear, I kinda hope they'll keep Mountain's lines to minimum other than for the very end

Yeah, that seems more logical. And given this new actor, the less he talks, the better (not that the other Mountains were particularly loquacious).

I think he takes it off with frustration that the Viper moves quickly and his eyesight is slim. I don't think he'll have many lines, though. The only thing I care about is the one line "You raped her murdered her you killed her children." That's all. If it's in (which is likely) I'll be a happy man.

Yeah they definitely need to mention the poison before the fight. I also hope they show Oberyn using the sun somehow to his advantage like he does in the book, although I'm pretty sure he doesn't have his bronze shield to do so. Do you guys think they will have him impaling the Mountain pinned to the ground with his spear?

I think it'll get knocked off. Wasn't there a shot of the Mountain with a helm at the beginning of the duel? I agree stuff like that is frustrating. I mean, why give the Hound a really cool helm that we never see? But that's just one of those things that might work in a book but on TV, less so.

I think the Mountain will take it off during the duel. Oberyn dances around him and I can totally see the Mountain removing angrily his helmet to keep him in sight.

I love the new Sansa picture and her testimony at "Littlefinger's trial" is one of the many things I'm really looking forward this episode. I feel like we'll finally see a Sansa we all want to see and Sophie can definitly pull her off !

Is Sansa sewing in that picture?

Another thing I've learned from the Alex Graves interview: he's one of those people who like to use the words "sociopathic" and "psychopathic" even though they don't understand what they really mean. But that's not the first nonsense he's said in interviews...

this is an interesting interview from the director. two things near the end really have me excited.

"Because of who Oberyn, the Red Viper, is, and as portrayed by so perfectly by Pedro, he has a real level of style and finesse that, obviously, nobody on “Game of Thrones” has in wielding weapons. I mean, it's usually, “Cut, rip, kill,” and you got the Hound, you bump into the Hound at the grocery store and it's like, “You're dead.” So, I thought it should have a very elegant, slick style, especially because of the way it ends, it would set up a contrast."

what ever the end is, its going to be brutal. so thats good

"One of my favorite scenes, actually, and Sophie [Turner] really came into her own and is so wonderful in it, is the scene with Littlefinger, it's the “Trial of Littlefinger” as we called it. That scene is brilliant, and she's incredible, they all are, but that's the beginning of a big storyline and especially with Sophie pulling off the shell game of the trial."

i think we're going to get some great sansa stuff :)

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-director-alex-graves-discusses-season-4-future-westeros-interview-1592009

Oh Damn! Now i'm majorly excited.

Yeah, I'm just wondering who they can encounter for Sandor to get "mortally" wounded. Rorge and Biter are dead, as well as Polliver and his goons. Who else could they run into? The mountain clans? That would be kind of repetitive though. Unless his wound from Biter gets infected. All these changes are going to have a butterfly effect. Like for Brienne, no fight with Rorge and Biter, Shagwell, Pyg, and Timeon were never introduced, if I remember correctly. Who else is there for Brienne and Pod to encounter now? Her story is moving really fast. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I'm just wondering who they can encounter for Sandor to get "mortally" wounded. Rorge and Biter are dead, as well as Polliver and his goons. Who else could they run into? The mountain clans? That would be kind of repetitive though. Unless his wound from Biter gets infected. All these changes are going to have a butterfly effect. Like for Brienne, no fight with Rorge and Biter, Shagwell, Pyg, and Timeon were never introduced, if I remember correctly. Who else is there for Brienne and Pod to encounter now? Her story is moving really fast. Any thoughts?

The simplest solutions would be:

1) some Freys

2) the BwB

3) first some Freys, then the BwB

But yeah, her story is probably going to move very fast.

Brienne not meeting Rorge is an example of Butterfly effect - it's a consequence of Brienne having no history with him, which in itself is a consequence of the elimination of the Bloody Mummers and Weasel soup from the show.

The Hound will fight some knights at the Bloody Gate presumably.

The simplest solutions would be:

1) some Freys

2) the BwB

3) first some Freys, then the BwB

But yeah, her story is probably going to move very fast.

Brienne not meeting Rorge is an example of Butterfly effect - it's a consequence of Brienne having no history with him, which in itself is a consequence of the elimination of the Bloody Mummers and Weasel soup from the show.

So maybe option 3 is the likeliest. She bites the ear off a Frey but is wounded (I guess not in the same fashion) and then the BwB show up?

So maybe option 3 is the likeliest. She bites the ear off a Frey but is wounded (I guess not in the same fashion) and then the BwB show up?

I think it would make the most sense - They see her fighting Freys and they figure she shares a common enemy with them so they take her to their leader.

Capturing Brienne as a foe would probably lead to her hanging in finale and that would be rushed.

Yeah you're right maybe Brienne is more likely to encounter the Brotherhood, which would be cool. Also Gendry may show up. I wonder if Sansa will meet Mya Stone too. It's hard for book readers to speculate with a lot of things being up in the air now. I just hope they don't add another made up character in the next few episodes they already have a plethora to choose from.

Yeah you're right maybe Brienne is more likely to encounter the Brotherhood, which would be cool. Also Gendry may show up. I wonder if Sansa will meet Mya Stone too. It's hard for book readers to speculate with a lot of things being up in the air now. I just hope they don't add another made up character in the next few episodes they already have a plethora to choose from.

I think Joe Dempsie who played Gendry said he is not in this season, of course he could have been sworn the secrecy :) But I think it's more likely he is not in this season. I'm sure he'll show up next year.

I think Joe Dempsie who played Gendry said he is not in this season, of course he could have been sworn the secrecy :) But I think it's more likely he is not in this season. I'm sure he'll show up next year.

I'd assume that as well. I think it'd be odd if he showed up now. Show!Gendry was betrayed by the BwB and then sent on a boat back to KL(?). I don't think he'd want to rejoin them in a hurry, or be in a position to do so.

Archived