(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

So the leak episode came out. Oberyn dies by mountain punching a hole through his heart :/. NO brain spills like the book. Tunnel escape is the ending scene before fade to black.

That doesn't even make sense. I appreciate a good trolling as much as the next guy but you can do better than this

So the leak episode came out. Oberyn dies by mountain punching a hole through his heart :/. NO brain spills like the book. Tunnel escape is the ending scene before fade to black.

This isn't even a believable fake. As if they could even fit the entire tunnel escape and Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin on top of the trial and everything else that happens in this episode. As if that would even be a good idea.

This is some shit trolling, bucko.

That's almost as good as the guy on IMDB last season who stated he had seen a leaked Episode 8 and it contained Tyrion and Sansa's wedding intercut with a montage of Tywin nailing Shae doggystyle in slow motion.

LOL,that was epic.

Also, just to be clear, Alex Graves, who directed 4x10, referenced in a previous interview a big scene with Tywin in 4x10, in case there's any doubt whatsoever that that's being left until 4x10.

I think the episode will end with Oberyn's death and Tyrion losing his shit (or his lunch, depending if they go with the whole vomiting bit). It closes out a chapter in ASOS, and chapter closers make good episode enders (Petyr shoving Lysa, Cersei screaming for Tyrion's arrest, etc.), for obvious reasons.

You have some courage to bother answer this comment. I admire you.

Sure whatever. Here's a thought experiment for you smart guys. Would any of you even care about Sansa if she looked like this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140416113626/gameofthrones/images/d/dd/Walda-402.jpg

The only reason there is such a huge fanbase for this character is because she is pretty. Case in point; people getting excited about a new outfit. Imagine people doing the same for Tyrion? Tywin?

To ask this question is to answer it.

Awww... I think the actress portraying Mrs Walda Bolton is cute. Even if she wasn't found attractive I could easily care about her if she was a lead or primary supporting character. Hot Pie is a great example of this. Just imagine being any halfway decent person born or married into a nasty family such as what's happened to her. I also wish Roose would make his endearing comment about her squeals. [ /tangent ]

*Hot Pie!

Sure whatever. Here's a thought experiment for you smart guys. Would any of you even care about Sansa if she looked like this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140416113626/gameofthrones/images/d/dd/Walda-402.jpg

The only reason there is such a huge fanbase for this character is because she is pretty. Case in point; people getting excited about a new outfit. Imagine people doing the same for Tyrion? Tywin?

To ask this question is to answer it.

You do realize that some book fans DO have a soft spot for Fat Walda and Her Roose, don't you? Being one of them, I can tell you that not only do I nurse hope that irregardless of The Bastard that she lives, but I want Fat Walda and Roose to be returned to The Dreadfort and to live happily ever after, the expected baby is included in my wishes and hopefully.......many more to follow. I'm just hopeful that the above actress can give the spunk and spirit that is required for the role.

ETA: Considering Arya has been wearing the same outfit since at least S2, is she pretty enough for me to wish she would receive a change of clothes? Or, is it the fanbase complaint?

Awww... I think the actress portraying Mrs Walda Bolton is cute. Even if she wasn't found attractive I could easily care about her if she was a lead or primary supporting character. Hot Pie is a great example of this. Just imagine being any halfway decent person born or married into a nasty family such as what's happened to her. I also wish Roose would make his endearing comment about her squeals. [ /tangent ]

*Hot Pie!

~THIS~

I'm hopeful that since she is cast, they might actually write in some of her character traits, and Roose's own surprise at how she effects him.

"Pedro has taken this character to the next level" I cant believe how many people share this opinion; as a reader who considered Oberyn one of my favorite 3 or 4 characters in the entire series I 've been entirely disappointed with the shows depiction of Oberyn

I can't believe there are people that don't think Oberyn was perfectly cast.

Seriously, Sansa had fans long before there was any type of pretty face attached. How odd that someone can't imagine people genuinely admiring her resilience.

To be fair, Book Sansa is described as pretty or beautiful many, many, many times...to the point where, as I recall, many fans complained at great length about Sophie Turner's casting when the news came out on the basis that she wasn't sufficiently beautiful to play Sansa. It's not a TV Jorah vs. Book Jorah situation.

With that said, I'd say Sansa's popularity gets far more of a boost from her status as one of the core POVs and as one of the Stark POVs than from her beauty. There are other characters in the series who are also described as beautiful whose fanbases are comparatively small: Cersei, Arianne, Margaery, Val, etc. ASOIAF's crawling with beautiful female characters, so that alone won't get a character very far.

http://img2.wikia.no...d/Walda-402.jpg

Right, because no one cared about Book Arya despite her being described as plain, or about Book Brienne despite her being described as hideously ugly. Oh, wait, they did. I'd even say Arya--in both TV and book incarnations--is far more popular than Sansa, despite being far less conventionally attractive in the book and the show.

To be fair, Book Sansa is described as pretty or beautiful many, many, many times...to the point where, as I recall, many fans complained at great length about Sophie Turner's casting when the news came out on the basis that she wasn't sufficiently beautiful to play Sansa. It's not a TV Jorah vs. Book Jorah situation.

True. But there's not really an actual image attached to the description. I can't really see someone who doesn't care much for her personality and such still liking her because she's described as pretty, ya know?

Nina Gold has never let us down, as far as I'm concerned. My only issue with casting so far has been Mance Rayder and in that case they offered it to Dominic West, who would have been great.

^I think Ed Skrein was a mess-up but they rectified that, albeit sloppily. (Why the fuck couldn't Huisman shave or put extensions in his hair to make it seem somewhat more plausible that they were the same dude). Most of the time though, Nina Gold is on time and often enough she's brilliant.

I don't know if I've already asked this BTW, but do we think we'll be seeing Moat Caillin in the opening credits?

Archived