Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

Let's hope so, because they sort of have to keep things moving.

And agreed about your general outline for ep9, though I think it'll be WoS for Cersei.

I think that after this season, the episode 9 tradition may very well be dead and buried.

It wasn't that good of a tradition, anyway.

I think that after this season, the episode 9 tradition may very well be dead and buried.

It wasn't that good of a tradition, anyway.

Agreed, they can't just force everything into the end of the season for the sake of a pattern, and they were wise to change that this season.

However, I do think these particular events fit ep9 well, since they need to show some sort of aftermath in ep 10, and a lot needs to happen beforehand.

I think that Oldtown will be cut and that Sam will journey to Braavos. I think Jon might send Sam as a representative to the Iron Bank, considering the Iron Bank set was already built. Sam/Tycho would pretty much replace Jon/Tycho which makes sense Jon has a lot to do next season. If the Citadel is important, they can make it in Braavos, as I don't believe they actually established where it is in show canon. This would make sense if they want to make Jaqen= the Kindly Man as he can interact with Arya and Pate without unrealistic travel expectations. This would also make their stories feel more connected as D&D seem to want to do.

D&D mentioned that Season 5 had some sequences that were a nightmare from a production standpoint. What could these be? Dany in the pit, obviously, but what else?

Bran stuff ? (don't think we'll see him much, but still).

D&D mentioned that Season 5 had some sequences that were a nightmare from a production standpoint. What could these be? Dany in the pit, obviously, but what else?

I could see some of the Tyrion riverboat stuff fitting the bill, but I'm 99% certain that that stuff will be cut anyway.

I don't see how the info about Dany's child is going to get out. Dany was with the Dothraki back then. Who's going to stick around the Dothraki long enough to get this info and sail to Westeros to warn Robert?

Also, why is he telling the Small Council that Jorah was his spy but that he is not spying for them anymore? This lead to Tywin sending Robert's pardon to Dany, which lead to Dany banishing her best advisor. This is a huge setback for Dany, so why would Varys allowed this? He could have never told them about Jorah. He could have told "his little birds" (which were used by Tywin to send the letter) to make sure the letter never make it to Meereen. Yet he didn't.

Another question raised by Varys and Illyrio strictly being Dany supporters: Why have they done nothing to help Viserys and Dany before the show's beginning? Why have they allowed Viserys to become the Beggar King?

Khal Drogo's baby with Dany would be news, and Varys would look incompetent at best if he didn't give Robert a heads-up.

Now that Dany has her army and Westeros is weakened by civil war, it is about time for Dany to invade. By burning one of Dany's advisors, Varys opens up a position for himself. And as Selmy pointed out, Jorah isn't much of an asset to Dany in Westeros. Anyway, if he had told Tywin that he had Jorah under his thumb, Tywin would have expected to be able to to order Jorah around. It wasn't a safe time to bluff.

Doran definitely was a Viserys / Dany supporter, and he didn't help them. Ilyrio actually did shelter Viserys and Dany for a while, arranged the marriage that gave them an army, and gave Viserys good advice to stay with him rather than going with the Dothraki. Varys sent Jorah to take care of them (Jorah was helpful from the start as an interpreter and he helped them integrate into the Dothraki lifestyle). And, by establishing himself as Robert's point man on all things Dany, Varys had control over assassin choice and chose an attempt that pointed back to Robert and could be easily thwarted. Book Varys and Illyrio also sent Selmy and three ships to Dany; we don't know if show Varys helped Selmy on his way or not.

After Robert's death, when Varys mentions Dany in a small council meeting or tells Tyrion about her before the battle of Blackwater, he is probing to see what people think about Dany and what they might do about her. The show has laid a lot of groundwork that Varys is overly interested in Dany. She could be his endgame in the show.

this season was EASILY the best so far...but I do get the book purists whining about the various changes...I have learned to treat the books and shows separately however...the only changes that bugged me was no LS bookend and to a slight degree no Tysha motivation for Tyrion...the first can still happen and I believe it will since there is no point to Beric and Thoros without it...but calling this the worst season is an absolutely absurd statement

Agreed, they can't just force everything into the end of the season for the sake of a pattern, and they were wise to change that this season.

However, I do think these particular events fit ep9 well, since they need to show some sort of aftermath in ep 10, and a lot needs to happen beforehand.

I tend to assume that Dany in the pit will be in episode 9, but that rules out the battle of Meereen being in Season 5.

On the other hand, if Quentyn is still in I think he would try to free the dragons in episode 9, so the pit would actually take place in episode 8, while Dany meeting the dothraki would happen in episode 10.

I still think Quentyn will make the cut, especially if merged with Trystane. They have a better chance of making him likable this way, he will have something more interesting than wandering around for the first half of the season, and they don't need to show him that much in the second half until he gets to Meereen. Frankly, I doubt they will miss the chance of pulling another Oberyn styled death.

On the other hand, if Quentyn is still in I think he would try to free the dragons in episode 9, so the pit would actually take place in episode 8, while Dany meeting the dothraki would happen in episode 10.

I still think Quentyn will make the cut, especially if merged with Trystane. They have a better chance of making him likable this way, he will have something more interesting than wandering around for the first half of the season, and they don't need to show him that much in the second half until he gets to Meereen. Frankly, I doubt they will miss the chance of pulling another Oberyn styled death.

The problem with merging them is that from what we've heard so far they're playing up the Myrcella/Trystane romance, so he can't very well go woo Dany in Meereen

What if we don't get an epic battle of Mereen? The show could gloss over it like in Astapor, particularly if Dany isn't even present during the battle. They could do the full-episode battle; there are enough characters we care about at risk and the dragon stuff would be really cool, but I don't think we should assume it will be a major battle sequence.

I don't see the battle at Winterfell getting a major battle sequence. I see it as more like the Red Wedding - mostly dramatic talking and small-scale violence among key characters with some shots of a larger battle outside.

D&D's reference to Jaime building a jetpack suggests to me he'll be moving around a lot next season. We already knew about Dorne, but where else will he be heading, I wonder?

Where did the idea that Jaime going to Dorne come from? Is this just a speculation based on some leaks or has it been confirmed? Of the latter, any idea what he will do? Bring Gregor's head? Get seduced by Arianne?

Seems kinda crazy but I guess it makes sense that the best way to introduce a lot of new characters is to make them interact with someone we are already familiar with.

If they do it right I think Tyrion's Essos travelogue could be a highlight. The riverboat & giant turtles & greyscale men is cool but I think they should give us a peak of a VALYRIAN ROAD! Like a paved type road (made by dragonfire) to show the lost "technology" of old Valeryia. Also, Cyvasse!

Where did the idea that Jaime going to Dorne come from? Is this just a speculation based on some leaks or has it been confirmed? Of the latter, any idea what he will do? Bring Gregor's head? Get seduced by Arianne?

Seems kinda crazy but I guess it makes sense that the best way to introduce a lot of new characters is to make them interact with someone we are already familiar with.

The apparent audition that was posted publicly by an actress. She mentions that Jamie was smuggled into Dorne.

Archived