Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

Cause we are assuming Cersei's fortune telling comes true and that specifies that Myrcella must die before Cersei

Yes, and that same fortune says she will be a queen and die a queen.

The plot is not enough to make Myrcella a queen because one is not a queen if only 4 people in the whole world think so.

Myrcella will be an actual queen before she dies.

Sorry for the lack of links.

David Nutter to direct E09 and E10: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-thrones/30944/what-can-we-expect-from-game-of-thrones-season-5

It turns out I was wrong about Michelle Maclaren :crying: . Misread something that said she simply had directed 4 episodes. http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2014/06/director-michelle-maclaren-signs-deal-with-hbo . Sorry to get everyone's hopes up (including my own).

Neil Marshall not in for Season 5: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/09/neil-marshall-interview-round-detailing-battle-castle-black/

Graves "taking a step back" is in that WIC interview with him about LS.

EDIT:

Side-note, but last year the S4 directors were all announced on July 16th. So hopefully this information isn't far off.

A lot of these articles make some serious miscalculations IMO. They seem to assume season 5 will be sticking to the book format. But it can't and D&D already said they would do it chronologically.

It is more realistic to expect season 5 to cover BOTH of the last two books, because there is no way they will fit everything into their 7 season plan otherwise. This would be why they sped up Sansa's story this season.

With that in mind the material for season 5 is dense and exciting.

How? This is Westeros, there is no TMZ gossiping about everyone's private life. No one knows about Rhaegar's third child and Rhaegar was the prince and heir to the throne. How are they going to know about the child of some dothraki lord leaving on the other side of the world. It would take years for Robert to learn about Drogo's child.

Yet he sends Tyrion to Dany to become one of her advisor. Doens't make sense.

He sheltered them for like a year, meaning that Viserys was begging everyone to help him for about 15 years. Where were Varys and Illyrio during these 15 years? Worst supporter ever.

I think the show probably should and will have Aegon. I'm just saying that the show has a choice to exclude him because there are other military powers that could do whatever it is he ends up doing. And since Varys did help Dany in a lot of ways in both book and show, she could be his endgame in the show.

Pretty sure Doran is still the worst supporter ever. "I'm totally your supporter! Even if I have never actually done anything to support you. And you have to marry my ugly son and do what I say in order to receive my support."

Varys is the ultimate opportunist and pragmatist. He didn't design to throw his job away, but with Tyrion killing Tywin and a shitstorm brewing, he felt it wise to change tack. When the wind changes, Varys changes tack. It's how he stays ahead.

In the show he was quite clear (to Oberyn I believe) that he is no lord and his title is pure fiction. Without his 'whispers', Varys has nothing, no 'in' into the Small council. Being on the small council allows him to nudge and record all that goes on at the hub of the nation. At the point he decides to leave due to the wind changing, everyone of intelligence who could be an issue is dead. Cersei us surrounded by fools and competitors.

What useful info has Varys ever got from being on the Small Council? In the books, his job is kind of important because by being the Master of Whispers, he is able to make sure that the Small Council never has to worry about Essos and Aegon. When he talks about Dany's dragons, he talks about them as if they were merely smallfolks tales (he compares it to krakens being seen at the Fingers). That's why Tywin never did anything about Dany. Yeah, I know he was busy about the Red Wedding, Tyrion's trial and all, but he still could have send assassins after Dany, but he did nothing because he never saw Dany as a threat, thanks to Varys. In the show, Varys keeps his job as Master of Whispers.... so he can continue to talk about how big of a threat Dany is. Even as a Aegon supporter, this doesn't make much sense (people were complaning about this in the Nitpicking thread of the episode where it happened). But if Varys is strictly a Dany supporter, then this is purely idiotic of him to do this as it lead to Dany losing her best advisor.

You guys are also underestimating how close the poisoner was to kill Dany in season 1. The poisoner was competent and nearly succeeded in his job. The only thing that saved Dany was Jorah having a change of heart. It was impossible for Varys to foresee this. So it goes back to what I was saying: if D&D make Varys a Dany supporter, then either he is a fool who continously making mistakes or he is some sort of god who has an ability to see the future and thus is able to use overconvoluted plans (even this explanation doesn't tell us why Illyrio and him were okay with Viserys becoming the Beggar King).

If they cut Aegon, I think it would be better to make Varys what he says he is (a man who works for the good of the realm) than making him a Dany supporter. However, with his scene with Oberyn where he looked at the throne, I don't think we'll be getting this, so it goes down to two scenarios: Varys supports Aegon, and his actions are easily explanable, or Varys supports Dany, and his actions can only be explained by him being a god or a very lucky fool. Add to this the Golden Company being namedropped twice in season 4 and I think it lead to the conclusion that...

...Aegon is in the show.

(and the Golden Company is not working with Stannis. Cogman said Stannis only got a provisionnal loan, he doesn't have the Iron Bank full support yet, meaning he doesn't have the money (and the time) to hire the Golden Company.)

Pretty sure Doran is still the worst supporter ever. "I'm totally your supporter! Even if I have never actually done anything to support you. And you have to marry my ugly son and do what I say in order to receive my support."

Well, this is a matter of another topic, but there's actually a chance that Doran has been in Team Aegon from the start (and that's why he did nothing to help Viserys).

The poison in the wine might not have been particularly lethal, especially since Dany doesn't seem to be much of a drinker. We never saw anybody drink it and die. The merchant was afraid of it, but how much does he know about poison? If he was just given the cask, or some white powder, he wouldn't know if a sip would kill him or just make him sick.

We know so little about Varys that his end game could be almost anything. The speech to a dying Kevan in the books seems set up to be genuine unless he was leaving a false path for Qyburn. He could be an agent of the faceless men. He could be an agent of some supernatural force. And yes, show Varys could just be trying to do things for the good of the realm without a specific endgame.

I'm hoping that Jaime's "jetpack" comment means he'll be flying all over Westeros, even if it's a little unrealistic how quickly he travels. His Riverrun storyline is one of my favorites; it's the height of his new character arc (besides burning Cersei's plea for help). In my ideal world, it would go down like this (if Dorne is unavoidable):

5.01 - Jaime(also Bronn?) are told they must go to Dorne

5.02-5.04 - Jaime and Bronn had fun adventures in Dorne with Sand Snakes and boobs

5.05 - traveling traveling traveling

5.06 - Jaime returns from Dorne, is told to take Riverrun. One-handed men just can't catch a break

5.07 - traveling traveling traveling

5.08 - bloodless siege of Riverrun, the Blackfish escapes. Jaime gets a letter from Cersei and burns it. A big "OOOOOOOO! BURRNNN! YOU GO JAIME!" from the audience.

5.09 - Cersei debates with the High Sparrow about her punishment

5.10 - Cersei's walk of punishment, Jaime meets Brienne

I'm hoping that Jaime's "jetpack" comment means he'll be flying all over Westeros, even if it's a little unrealistic how quickly he travels. His Riverrun storyline is one of my favorites; it's the height of his new character arc (besides burning Cersei's plea for help). In my ideal world, it would go down like this (if Dorne is unavoidable):

5.01 - Jaime(also Bronn?) are told they must go to Dorne

5.02-5.04 - Jaime and Bronn had fun adventures in Dorne with Sand Snakes and boobs

5.05 - traveling traveling traveling

5.06 - Jaime returns from Dorne, is told to take Riverrun. One-handed men just can't catch a break

5.07 - traveling traveling traveling

5.08 - bloodless siege of Riverrun, the Blackfish escapes. Jaime gets a letter from Cersei and burns it. A big "OOOOOOOO! BURRNNN! YOU GO JAIME!" from the audience.

5.09 - Cersei debates with the High Sparrow about her punishment

5.10 - Cersei's walk of punishment, Jaime meets Brienne

Pretty much. :)

I doubt his fun adventures in Dorne need 3 episodes though. 2 tops.

Also not sure he goes back to KL after that. He might skip it and go straight to the Riverlands on purpose to avoid Cersei.

Doran's machinations, and indeed the whole Dornish subplot in AFfC/ADwD, were really botched by Martin, I feel. The whole thing feels like an extended book-long prologue that effectively accomplishes nothing.

There's Myrcella crowning plot! Wait, there's Doran's plan with Daenerys! Wait, now Aegon's here and who the hell is this Daenerys chick anyway? Look, Arianne! No, look Arys Oakheart and Areo Hotah! Hey, are those Sand Snakes? No, wait, there goes Quentyn on a super secret mission! There's plot upon plot piled atop one another and the result is non-existent.

fAegon will be in, so will be most of the big new characters on the show. Varys has gone to Pentos with Tyrion, and will introduce him to Illyrio Mopatis, and JonCon will also be present. Plus he interacts with Tyrion so that means he will make it. Plus the interest from the unsullied that there is more to this kid then meets the eye.

Remember we have lost a lot of characters, so introducing a few more is not a problem. As for the whole theory of Varys not wanting Dany dead and supporting Targs seems far fetched as he wanted her dead, and why did they not support Viserys with the GC? They have basically made it clear that Jorah had a change in heart, in s1, not Varys. And fAegon will have a big role to play in WOW, even if he perhaps dies in s6 we dont know yet, a few characters have bin only for 1 season and died, doesnt mean you dont cast them. Plus he wont be in that many episodes either maybe 5 episodes.

While I still feel Ellaria will have maybe 1 or 2 scenes in Dorne be it Doran or Aero Hotah, or whoever. Perhaps she comes with Jamie, and that results in her giving her speech to Doran, and the Sand Snakes react with the Myrcella coup.

Its going to be interesting of you they drop, but like I've said numerous times we will get those big new characters, as D&D said in their latest inerview that they will be following AFFC quiet closely so that gives me hope to see some Greyjoy Uncles, and obviously Dorne.

So lets just relax, we will get those big new characters.

Doran's machinations, and indeed the whole Dornish subplot in AFfC/ADwD, were really botched by Martin, I feel. The whole thing feels like an extended book-long prologue that effectively accomplishes nothing.

There's Myrcella crowning plot! Wait, there's Doran's plan with Daenerys! Wait, now Aegon's here and who the hell is this Daenerys chick anyway? Look, Arianne! No, look Arys Oakheart and Areo Hotah! Hey, are those Sand Snakes? No, wait, there goes Quentyn on a super secret mission! There's plot upon plot piled atop one another and the result is non-existent.

I agree and hope the show sharpens it up a bit.

Though to be fair, the Myrcella plot wasn't part of Doran's plan. Only QuentynXDany and sending Arianne to evaluate if Aegom is the real deal.

Bad writing?

*run away*

lol yep

jaime going to dorne is the stupidest thing ever. they're really fucking up his character imo. in season 4, they reduced his character to being friendly and loving to tyrion and banging cersei. bringing him back before the purple wedding really fucked up his character in season 4 and i'm guessing him going to dorne in season will be an even bigger mess.

lol yep

jaime going to dorne is the stupidest thing ever. they're really fucking up his character imo. in season 4, they reduced his character to being friendly and loving to tyrion and banging cersei. bringing him back before the purple wedding really fucked up his character in season 4 and i'm guessing him going to dorne in season will be an even bigger mess.

Honestly I'm dreading it. They could come up with something good but after this year's finale I'd rather brace myself for the worst.

Archived