Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

I smell some course correction there. Seems to me they included that sole Yara-Balon scene at the end of S3 meaning to follow it up in a more thorough fashion this season. A year later, when they finally came around to writing Season 4, they changed their minds and didn't quite know what to do with that dangling plot thread and came up with a single scene to tie loose ends. At least, that's what it looks like to me. I sincerely doubt *that* was the planned payoff all along.

I'd say that's very likely (it's pretty much what I assumed). Whether or not it's true doesn't change anything for me: it's still the worst scene of the season, and that (and the Crasterfck) totally turned me off of Cogman. Whether or not it was his fault he got a crappy assignment is irrelevant -- he did a piss poor job of writing the scene. D&D should have just Sammed up and cut the scene entirely if they couldn't find a writer who could deliver something worth filming.

Maybe Myrcella dies in Dorne in the show at the end of the queenmaker fiasco, assuming that her role in the books essentially ends with her disfigurement--which doesn't seem to square with the "Gold shall be their crowns" prophecy, but who knows?--but if she still has a big part to play in the books, then yes, I could see Jaime retrieving her.

On the other hand, if Myrcella is so very much in love with Trystane, there's no way she'd consent to be parted from him. She might very well refuse Jaime's offer of rescue.

Good points. Yeah, that would go against Maggy's prophecy. I certainly don't want another Theon/ Yara situation though.

Good points. Yeah, that would go against Maggy's prophecy. I certainly don't want another Theon/ Yara situation though.

I'd like to think that scene never happened this season. It was a waste of time really. All it did was make sure Yara's actress had some screentime.

I'm thinking of ways to effectively bring in Greyjoys & considered that a consequence of the Ironborn attacking TheReach is added drama to the tense Lannister/Tyrell alliance in King's landing & chaos of Cersie's rule. Maybe Loras goes & gets disfigured/killed fighting them?, maybe even injures Vic's hand?

Michelle Maclaren is boss, so I couldn't be happier that she's directing four episodes.

Nutter gets two, Neil Marshall and Alex Graves are out, D&D usually get an episode to direct, so that leaves three. Who's left? Sakharov? Minahan?

That leaves three episodes.

Sakarov can take all of them! He was great this season, too.

The more I hear the more I'm sure, recast ot not, Myrcella is toast in season 5 (No Darkstar = more effective little girls killing :devil: ). Would finally explain to me wtf Jaime does in Dorne, since he probbaly has to see/interact with his daughter once more before she dies.

Well, if Myrcella ends up dead, I don't see why Bronn would be casually hanging out with a couple of Sand Snakes.

BTW, I reiterate, where did some of the above posters hear that Michelle MacLaren was doing four episodes next year?

The more I hear the more I'm sure, recast ot not, Myrcella is toast in season 5 (No Darkstar = more effective little girls killing :devil: ). Would finally explain to me wtf Jaime does in Dorne, since he probbaly has to see/interact with his daughter once more before she dies.

Myrcella most likely has been recast. They were auditioning for her over a month ago.

Archived