Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

So it is a flashback then... If I were them I'd have the cold opening be Cersei having the Maggy the frog nightmare and one of her handmaidens waking her up to tell her/take her to the Tower of the Hand, when Cersei sees Tywin she freaks out and starts yelling "where's the imp?" or something along those lines before running to Tommen's bedroom after seeing he's safe and sound, she strokes his hair and when he wakes up tells him to go back to sleep. Cut to opening credits.

Yeah not gonna happen but hey a guy can dream.

No! In the interest of time, Arianne has been merged with Quentyn, Victarion, Euron, Aegon, Jon Connington, and Coldhands.

And, of course, to simplify matters further, all of these characters will turn out to be Rhaegar Targaryen, who is actually Mance Rayder, and will arrive on a huge dragon the size of Westeros to end the conflict.

:leaving:

I think it has to be the cold open. It's so outside of the usual format that it would be jarring unless we saw it before 501's opening credits.

It would be really perfect, seeing how I'm sure Lena is gonna top everything she did - and she did so much - next season. KL's storyline next season is essentially Cersei and it's the perfect way too show how Cersei is going to succumb to her paranoia

Yeah, 2015 ought to be the year of the Lena Emmy. Even if they are just a popularity contest in terms of who they nominate (like Emilia instead of Michelle last year), they have no excuse not to nominate her because she is famous in her own right.

Yeah, 2015 ought to be the year of the Lena Emmy. Even if they are just a popularity contest in terms of who they nominate (like Emilia instead of Michelle last year), they have no excuse not to nominate her because she is famous in her own right.

Oh Emilia over Michelle...it's the main reason while I really don't care about Emmys this year. It's really not about the quality of performances anymore.

If we get the WoS next year, well...icing on the cake really. I think she will do that scene brilliantly (and E.10 moment imo)

^To someone saying, "Your grace...your lord father..." And then she'll ask about Tyrion and realize that shit has gone down--cut to the theme music.

And just imagine ep. 501 ends with Tyrion sitting with Roger Allam's Illyrio. Season five will be like that alternate chapter order online where they mix and match bits from Dance and Feast into the (way too long) book that should have been.

Having Brienne's trial and hanging in season 4 would be absolutely terrible. Aside from the fact that there is just no room in the season finale for that many scenes, this just completely kills the Stoneheart reveal. Instead of getting the "fuck yeah!" moment that was the ASOS epilogue (and having Brienne witness it), and see Lady Stoneheart exacting revenge on a Frey (probably one of the two that featured in season 3- Lame Lothar?) we get Stoneheart immediately, right after she appears, hanging one of the "good guys". On top of that, the very fact that Stoneheart exist should be enough of a shock to non-readers, her face alone would be an epic season ender. To continue after the reveal for a long, drawn out scene and blow right through Brienne's material is completely unnecessary. Also, it eliminates the best thing about Lady Stoneheart- how much GRRM truly fooled us all. In the ASOS Epilogue, everyone screams "Catlyn!!! Yay, killing some Freys! Vengeance! Yeah!" And then when Brienne finally meets her in AFFC, GRRM punches you right in the stomach and laughs at you for your hope by having her hang Brienne. If you eliminate the first impression, you just get evil zombie mama, which would be a shame. And as I said, it would be a complete overload of unnecessary surprises best held off for season 5 (when people will eagerly await Stonehearr material).

Archived