Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

It might be the kind of thing they can put on the final 'All Seasons' DVD release.

If all else fails, why not. I still hold hope they'll find a way to include it in an episode down the line. Bran's tree vision perhaps?

And, of course, to simplify matters further, all of these characters will turn out to be Rhaegar Targaryen, who is actually Mance Rayder, and will arrive on a huge dragon the size of Westeros to end the conflict.

:leaving:

HAHAHAHAHA!! You did NOT!! :bowdown:

What are the odds that Sansa disappears from season 5 until a cameo reappearance to set up season 6? They're plowing through her material in season 4 and it sure would be conveniant to lose a storyline and make some room for others... The alternative would be splashing headfirst into TWOW material, which creates potential chronology issues. The fact that they dismantled the Eyrie set has got to mean something...

What are the odds that Sansa disappears from season 5 until a cameo reappearance to set up season 6? They're plowing through her material in season 4 and it sure would be conveniant to lose a storyline and make some room for others... The alternative would be splashing headfirst into TWOW material, which creates potential chronology issues. The fact that they dismantled the Eyrie set has got to mean something...

She'll be in Season 5, I think. She will just be cut back like Bran this season. We have Harry the Heir to introduce, and potentially Myranda Royce and Mya Stone... I suppose they can drag that out. Have Sansa see Harry being a womaniser for herself etc, some filler....

I speculated elsewhere that Sansa will end the series leaving the Eyrie and looking back towards it as the household travels down the path. The descent is unlikely to be filmed, since not much really happens there and they didn't include Catelyn's ascent in S01... Though what castle she will go to is interesting, as the Bloody Gate looks to be where the Gates of the moon belong in the show

They could also just make up a storyline for Sansa like they did with Dany for S2 because she didn't have enough material.

Do you want me to kill myself ? :drunk:

Honestly, not only are they rather bad at filler, but I don't see what they could have her do. She's very limited considering her circumstances.

Ha, you all think we're heading straight into Winds material. But you have forgotten one solution that, to the showrunners, was good, but to book-readers, go "Wha?".

The obvious show solution: Qarth it up.

ETA: Damn you, Onna Lewyys

Do you want me to kill myself ? :drunk:

Honestly, not only are they rather bad at filler, but I don't see what they could have her do. She's very limited considering her circumstances.

Haha I know, Qarth was the worst. I don't know what they could have Sansa do either, but it is a possibility, especially if her storyline needs to keep pace with some other character's for some reason.

The problem with their filler so far is how intent they are on having it make no impact at all on the future storyline so it won't create big changes. That leaves things seeming entirely unnecessary.

Anyway, Sansa filler would actually be interesting considering none of us would actually know what's filler and what's canon. It would all lead up to TWOW, but it would be different. And honestly I think the Qarth thing isn't very bad on paper, it's just that the writing for Dany wasn't great.

I am hoping they'll let Sansa sit one out until, say, the finale where she makes a surprise reappearance after some time passes. Maybe if any storylines converge into her in TWOW (Jamie/Brienne?) that could be a good place to bring her back... But I doubt they'd go that far with J&B.

This will be a very interesting storyline to book readers next season :)

We don't really know what LF was up to during AFFC/ADWD. They could have Sansa hang around him and show us what he if up to which could be interesting. We might even see some tapestries.

We better get Sarella. And who will Obara be fighting? In season 5? Unless they speed things up, that means in Dorne, so who is going on a Road trip then?

Yeah I can't think of who since the description says she is figbting a series regular... Maybe Bronn? Or Meryn Trant or something idk

My guess? A member of the KG, who Cersei sends to Dorne with orders to bring back Myrcella no matter what it takes. Of course it will go disastrously wrong, and Myrcella may even end up scarred through that attempt.

One other reason, I think they won't include Aegon-his being brought into the story out of nowhere to invade Westeros from Essos would really steal Dany's thunder. (It's one reason, many people were annoyed by his subplot in the books,) and I don't think D&D would allow that to happen. I think they'd prefer to meld the Dorne/Aegon angle into instead a Dorne supporting Dany angle for the show to keep things moving and set things up for the real battle with what's beyond the Wall. I notice for instance they have characters like Tywin and Oberyn paying far more heed to reports of Daenerys and her dragons in Mereen on the show than they did in the books-and I don't think that's accidental.

Archived