Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

That's odd, Benioff and Weiss always said that they wanted to try and stay clear of flashbacks. Still, keeps my hopes alive that Sean Bean could make a reappearance!

I suppose they had no recourse but to go down that route.

Didn't realise way back when that the thing could go the whole way!!

That's odd, Benioff and Weiss always said that they wanted to try and stay clear of flashbacks. Still, keeps my hopes alive that Sean Bean could make a reappearance!

They've done some dreams before so I suppose it could work.

My guess is that they're going to use Bran during all of season five to have various "flashback" via his tree vision.

Good idea. It's be a way to stretch out his bits while others catch up.

Maybe even introduce Coldhands? :D

^So I guess that would have to be the cold open then because it is way too late in the show's run with its established style to start with flashbacks.

Makes sense. Wouldn't be cheesy and would establish the season as "Cersei's season ".

I always thought the Maggie thing was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Cersei's paranoia causing her treatment of Tyrion, which caused him to turn against her, etc. A lot of us thought it would be cut. The fact that the show feels the need to include it means it has a lot of importance in Cersei's fate. Whether Tyrion rides a dragon to Casterly Rock and roasts her or it's some major dramatic irony with Jaime/Sandor/Arya killing her remains to be seen.

cersei must do something completely irrational and crazy in the future for them to feel the need to add this prophecy in the show. otherwise it just feels like a cheap way to justify what a terrible person she is.

cersei must do something completely irrational and crazy in the future for them to feel the need to add this prophecy in the show. otherwise it just feels like a cheap way to justify what a terrible person she is.

Quite possible, I've always liked the theory of her going Mad King and trying to burn down King's Landing with wildfire. Hell, the line from the season 4 trailer about her "burning it all to the ground" could foreshadow that.

i think it would be REALLY REALLY cool if they kind of interspersed maggy the frog and cersei's nightmare from her first chapter together. like we get the maggy the frog flashback first which ends with cersei throwing acid in maggy's eyes and running away which then quickly dissolves into cersei's nightmare in her first pov chapter. would make a fucking amazing and rather chilling season opener. lol they should just let me write for this show honestly.

Jumping way ahead, but I think hope a voiceover of Maggy's prophecy (or snippets) will be used for the traillers.

"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds" = shots of her children; Joff dying, Tommen crowned, Myrcella in Dorne.

"Queen you shall be" = The Smallest Council and Cersei 'ruling'

"Until there comes another, younger and more beautiful" = shots of various candidates (e.g. Sansa, Daenerys, Margaery, Arriane)

Ooooooh! Great news on it being a flashback! Cold opener, most likely! Very happy! Now GIVE ME MY ARIANNE!!!

No! In the interest of time, Arianne has been merged with Quentyn, Victarion, Euron, Aegon, Jon Connington, and Coldhands.

Archived