Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

Does the show leave the possibility of a younger brother, actually? I know they didn't want to lose their heir, but did they state he was their only son?

Doesn't matter. The point is that he would have already given up his inheritance when he joined Renly's KG, so why would it still be a threat?

Yes. Olenna said he was "heir to Highgarden" when Tywin was making the marriage pact with her. And then Tywin threatened to name him to the KG. Like, um, guys? He was already in a KG.

Maybe Renly's KG doesn't operate the same way as KGs in the past have?

Its a dumb idea, but not much moreso than having them be the Rainbow Cloaks; which the show wisely cut out.

. why would you take one characters role and give it to 3 characters. it just does not make sense.

It would not go to three, it would go to one; and from the perspective of HBO, it might be their thinking that this would simply matters, although I have my doubts about that supposition. That said, so far the signs have not been encouraging. Mace Tyrell has already lost two sons; so excuse if I am not shocked if they do something similar to Doran Martell (even while hoping for a different outcome).

It would be 3 sand snakes that would combine to take the role. It would just be stupid. it would erase what makes the Martells different. They are the only major house that allows a female if born first to inherent.

I'm trying not to worry, but I know what you mean. It'd be the same "logic" that has Loras being heir to Highgarden on the show despite the fact that he was already in Renly's KG in S2.

Renly is dead and the family that the Tyrells are aligned with now have always considered him a traitor. I'm sure they didn't find his Kingsguard legitimate and still consider Loras the heir.

A little tidbit from the sullied at NeoGAF.

We already know that Octavia Alexandru will be playing a CotF, so... does this mean we see two of them? Personally, I wonder if Alice Hewkin might be playing the Waif, and not a CotF, since the casting call said they were looking for someone Chinese for the Waif. Thoughts?

I notice she is basically just out of school too.

How did anyone find her spotlight link?

Maybe Renly's KG doesn't operate the same way as KGs in the past have?

Its a dumb idea, but not much moreso than having them be the Rainbow Cloaks; which the show wisely cut out.

Renly's KG was never official to begin with. Had he won the Iron Throne, then yes, Loras would've been a KG. Never happened, so Show Loras is still heir.

When has the new cast been announced in previous seasons?

It depends on the role. Oberyn was announced at the end of June. I think Bloodraven wasn't announced until the fall.

It depends on the role. Oberyn was announced at the end of June. I think Bloodraven wasn't announced until the fall.

Okey, thanks.

Has there been as many new big characters (like this year) in previous years, save for the first series obviously.

Stannis, Melisandre and Davos in season 2 are the first that come to mind.

^ Isn't that later than the main cast? The question was wether there had been any additions to the cast which were as big as the ones this year. The main cast must have been announced way earlier than 2011, no? (I honestly don't know, but the first season aried in 2011 so it sounds logical to me)

Archived