Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

Tom Cruise.

think about it.

No, Tom Cruise is my Howland Reed.

He has the right build and could easily pass as Meera and Jojen's dad. But mostly because it would be pretty funny if we wait six or seven books for him to turn up and when he does it's Tom Cruise.

No, Tom Cruise is my Howland Reed.

He has the right build and could easily pass as Meera and Jojen's dad. But mostly because it would be pretty funny if we wait six or seven books for him to turn up and when he does it's Tom Cruise.

Well, it would confirm the rumours that Reed is currently the overzealous leader of a newer religion/cult with no evidence backing its creed and an overaggressive nature

Well, it would confirm the rumours that Reed is currently the overzealous leader of a newer religion/cult with no evidence backing its creed and an overaggressive nature

A+

Hi,

a couple of casting ideas for characters who I think may appear in S5. I initially proposed these on WIC.net and got at least one or two other people agreeing that these are both plausible actors for the following.

Matthew MacFadyen as The High Sparrow. He played a comparable role as a Prior Philip in 'The Pillars of the Earth' and for those familiar with his work has played a series of roles on UK TV that show he can project the razor sharp piety, intelligence and religious malevolence for the High Sparrow.

Keeley Hawes as Lady Barbrey Dustin. She's the right age and I think has the right look. She is also a very talented actress.

The two characters don't and probably will never appear in the books as one is in KL and the other in the north. I would be amazed if the High Sparrow wasn't cast as he's important to what happens in KL in the latter books. Lady Dustin MIGHT be cut, though I suspect that she'll stay as I think that she has a more important role to play in TWOW. I doubt if either actor would be especially expensive to employ and they would come as a double act due to being a real life married couple.

I have always thought the high sparrow looked like Andy Hamilton for some reason

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/people/andy_hamilton_person_page.shtml

Don't know if he'd do a very good job, most of his acting has been on radio.

Happy to watch Keeley Hawse any time

I think that the wildcard Yezzan and Waif castings disproves that theory. They're just out of place. I doubt that the list is specifically all of Dorne and Kingslanding, there are a few notable missing roles all around. We've got Arianne, Arys and Darkstar missing from Dorne, the Kindly Man from Braavos, the Kettleblacks and Taena Merywhether from Kingslanding as well as a few stationary Cersei puupets (Lord Gyles and the like, could they cutg all of them?), and on Tyrion's arc we're missing the Griffs, potentially Penny and Moccoro, at Meereen (if Yezzan is set up as part of Meereen rather than Tyrion) we're missing the Shavepate and the Green Grace. They might not all make it, but I doubt they're all cut.

So this isn't even a full list per location/storyline (although some roles may have already been cast).

I think Penny is out

I can't see what she added to Tyrions arc in terms of character development and she was dropped from the PW.

Even though Book Joffrey would have been insulted to have seen himself portrayed by a dwarf, having been indoctrinated against his uncle by his mother (and Tyrions non fawning attitude towards him)

Penny just seems like the kind of character D&D would cut to save time.

It's a shame really because I was one of the minority that enjoyed her in the books.

I can't see what she added to Tyrions arc in terms of character development and she was dropped from the PW.

Even though Book Joffrey would have been insulted to have seen himself portrayed by a dwarf, having been indoctrinated against his uncle by his mother (and Tyrions non fawning attitude towards him)

It's a shame really because I was one of the minority that enjoyed her in the books.

She was dropped from the PW because it simply wasn't necessary for her to be there in order to later blame Tyrion for the eventual murder of her brother. From a budget point of view, it doesn't make a lot of sense to hire a season 5 regular during the start of season 4 just for one extremely minor and unimportant scene.

I don't think this is a clear indictation that the character will be cut completely.

She was dropped from the PW because it simply wasn't necessary for her to be there in order to later blame Tyrion for the eventual murder of her brother. From a budget point of view, it doesn't make a lot of sense to hire a season 5 regular during the start of season 4 just for one extremely minor and unimportant scene.

I don't think this is a clear indictation that the character will be cut completely.

I agree, she doesn't ever need to be in the wedding. That detail is rather irrelevant and easy to work around. But I still doubt she will make the cut, for other reasons.

She adds a lot to Tyrion's character development. She is the first dwarf Tyrion has ever seriously interacted. She shows him what it's like to be a dwarf not born into a noble family. Her presence also shows how Tyrion, who is constantly bemoaning the fact that women don't want him because he is a dwarf, would react to a dwarf woman who is romantically interested in him. And finally, makes Tyrion pull his head out of his ass and start trying to help and protect someone instead of wallowing in his self-loathing and resentment.

They'll want to focus on the dynamic between Tyrion & Jorah (as they should).

That amount of grumpiness and self-pity (which will be made even worse because, instead of coming from two very flawed characters, it will come from two of the most whitewashed characters in the show) without anyone to balance it out (like Penny), would make the screens explode.

That amount of grumpiness and self-pity (which will be made even worse because, instead of coming from two very flawed characters, it will come from two of the most whitewashed characters in the show) without anyone to balance it out (like Penny), would make the screens explode.

Jaime will not go to Dorne. He has his own story in the Riverlands. They're not going to replace a small character with a main POV character and ruin one of the biggest cliffhangers of the series just because this list says Obara is going to fight a series regular. It is ridiculous to think that they would send Jaime to Dorne just so people will know someone there.

Archived