Season Five Casting

Skywarpgold

so do you guys think there will be very little brienne in season 5?

I was thinking she'd sit out the first half or so before she hooks up with Jaime again, but if they do her storyline more like Coldhands just suggested, they might be able to stretch it a bit more.

Of course there will be very little of Brienne, but I don't think that's so different from this year, there was very little of her this year, she's had like 5 or 6 total scenes in season 4. I

ummmm she's been in more episodes than arya this year. she's had plenty of screentime. and 5 or 6 scenes make sense because there's only been 7 episodes so far.

Having Brienne's trial and hanging in season 4 would be absolutely terrible. Aside from the fact that there is just no room in the season finale for that many scenes, this just completely kills the Stoneheart reveal. Instead of getting the "fuck yeah!" moment that was the ASOS epilogue (and having Brienne witness it), and see Lady Stoneheart exacting revenge on a Frey (probably one of the two that featured in season 3- Lame Lothar?) we get Stoneheart immediately, right after she appears, hanging one of the "good guys". On top of that, the very fact that Stoneheart exist should be enough of a shock to non-readers, her face alone would be an epic season ender. To continue after the reveal for a long, drawn out scene and blow right through Brienne's material is completely unnecessary. Also, it eliminates the best thing about Lady Stoneheart- how much GRRM truly fooled us all. In the ASOS Epilogue, everyone screams "Catlyn!!! Yay, killing some Freys! Vengeance! Yeah!" And then when Brienne finally meets her in AFFC, GRRM punches you right in the stomach and laughs at you for your hope by having her hang Brienne. If you eliminate the first impression, you just get evil zombie mama, which would be a shame. And as I said, it would be a complete overload of unnecessary surprises best held off for season 5 (when people will eagerly await Stonehearr material).

Everything you said!

I loved the ASOS epilogue because it brought Robb and his storyline back into the picture, offering a comeback through vengeance. However, with the Brienne encounter you are taking away the horror of the RW (tragic, terrifying consequences) and placing it on the 'good guys' in danger. You should root for LS before you want her defeated.

I will be disappointed if they don't go with a Frey dangling. That was one of the most satisfying moments for me in the series while the Brienne/LS encounter only frustrated me.

Of course there will be very little of Brienne, but I don't think that's so different from this year, there was very little of her this year, she's had like 5 or 6 total scenes in season 4. I

Or...we get TWoW material. Don't think it's going to happen, but who knows.

If we arre getting flashbacks I demand a Jaime one

Of what event ?

Aerys' death scene would be nice, not that we'll get it. Or Jaime and Rhaegar talking before Rhaegar goes to the Trident

Aerys' murder would be great, but yeah I think they'll stick to their no-flashback Policy, with Maggy and Bran's visions (?) being exceptions.

^They'll only do the one and they'll contextualize it in such a way that its her dream or something. As I've said above more than once, I put my money on that being the cold open.

I'd bet a fiver on the same.

Archived