The Cast - [Book + Episode Spoilers]

In the final season of Breaking Bad the third to last episode had many actors appear on the IMDB page pre episode. Many of which died seasons ago. People got excited. Said characters never appeared.

This is a non-story.

I was under the impression that Clive Russell would reprise his role as The Blackfish in season 4. Does anyone know whether he might appear in the last episode? I would like to see what happened to him after he survived the Red Wedding. Some friends who haven't read the book still actually think he was into the Red Wedding treason. They really need to show him still being loyal to the Stark cause; preferably still this season.

I was under the impression that Clive Russell would reprise his role as The Blackfish in season 4. Does anyone know whether he might appear in the last episode? I would like to see what happened to him after he survived the Red Wedding. Some friends who haven't read the book still actually think he was into the Red Wedding treason. They really need to show him still being loyal to the Stark cause; preferably still this season.

Chances are running at roughly 0.0000001% that he would appear this season. Maybe next year. It depends on when the Blackfish is important again. According to Season 5 casting/leaks they appear to be skipping the Riverrun siege and sending Jaime elsewhere. In show canon, the Blackfish has simply "escaped" according to Walder (who unlike the books, has been gifted the title of Lord of Riverrun so he gets the castle without a fight kind of like how Roose was handed Winterfell).

There's no Jeyne Westerling to spirit away so it stands to reason that wherever the Blackfish skips off to in the books after Riverrun is where he is now on the show and he'll reappear much later when the character is needed.

There is really no evidence (or logical reason) for Osha and Rickon to appear this season. IMDB doesn't count, it's historically unreliable.

Tho, it was not surprise, Peter Vaughan and Patrick Malahide showed up season 3, unexpectedly... in a way one could say Gemma Whelan showed up too...

Natalia Tena said , seems a couple of times, she got no casting call for this year at all... but I don't know what that really means.

No Natala no Art Parkinson....

How the heck are they gonna cram in all those floating arcs with the balls they have the air right now? In 65 min. , if they get 65 min. !

If Blackfish is the HM of WF then it makes sense to leave him out for a while-be forgotten-so he is still a mystery.

That's the problem of transferring from book to screen, a disguise is hard to do. The reason D&D skipped Selmy ruse.

I would have to think that if and when Rickon ever appears he will be acted by someone else.

I'm thinking he won't appear this year and probably not in the next couple of years. The actor will be 16 or so by then and just really can't be Rickon.

I'd really like to see them re-cast Bran, too. Hempstead-Wright is doing a fine job, but crap, he looks like he's 22 already and I don't think he's going to get any younger. Put a new guy in and it takes you like 1 episode to get used to the change and then, voila, Bran is a pre-teen again like he's supposed to be.

None of the other kids need to be re-cast. Maisie Williams is age-inappropriate for Arya, but she has that round, baby-ish face and is only 5' even, so (unlike Hempstead-Wright) she can pass as the right age--plus she nails Arya so hard you'd hate to lose her. Sanya is basically a young adult; don't even need to think about that one. Sophie can stay.

I'd really like to see them re-cast Bran, too. Hempstead-Wright is doing a fine job, but crap, he looks like he's 22 already and I don't think he's going to get any younger. Put a new guy in and it takes you like 1 episode to get used to the change and then, voila, Bran is a pre-teen again like he's supposed to be.

Never gonna happen.

Speaking of kids, I know this is a bit OT, but do you think they'll recast Myrcella next year as they did with Tommen? Her part will probably be much bigger, and she might look much older as well, even though I hear the producer were quite impressed by Aimee Richardson.

Speaking of kids, I know this is a bit OT, but do you think they'll recast Myrcella next year as they did with Tommen? Her part will probably be much bigger, and she might look much older as well, even though I hear the producer were quite impressed by Aimee Richardson.

Well Aimee's age would be fine (she's 16, and we know Tryst is going to be 18 next year, so no real problem there), but she herself has admitted she may be recast: https://31.media.tumblr.com/c43110bc3242328dba89bc335871f4f5/tumblr_n6nnicO4mS1s27867o1_500.jpg

I would have to think that if and when Rickon ever appears he will be acted by someone else.

I'm thinking he won't appear this year and probably not in the next couple of years. The actor will be 16 or so by then and just really can't be Rickon.

Why on earth recast someone? Even if Bran and Rickon look older, I'm attached to the actors playing them. What does it matter the look older? All of them are older than in the books. I've got more problems with other actors playing them, than with the same actors looking a bit older. By the way it would be difficult to find younger actors to be able to play such roles.

I know they did recast Tommen, but with someone older not with someone younger. And this only works because the previous actor didn't have much screentime. Still feels strange to see Daario played by someone else.

Why on earth recast someone? Even if Bran and Rickon look older, I'm attached to the actors playing them. What does it matter the look older? All of them are older than in the books. I've got more problems with other actors playing them, than with the same actors looking a bit older. By the way it would be difficult to find younger actors to be able to play such roles.

I know they did recast Tommen, but with someone older not with someone younger. And this only works because the previous actor didn't have much screentime. Still feels strange to see Daario played by someone else.

Isn't it pretty obvious why I want to re-cast those characters? I mean, sure you might disagree, and that's legit enough, but are you really, actually wondering why I would want to re-cast them?

OK, I'll state the obvious. I'd rather not have a guy who looks like an adult playing a pre-teen character and I'd rather not have a guy who is old enough to drive playing a small child: it takes me out of my suspension of disbelief and makes me start thinking about show production, casting, etc., instead of being in the scene and thinking about the story.

There are plenty of good actors in the business, including child actors since kids these days are starting into professional training at an earlier age. ABSOLUTELY, the change will also take you out of the scene, but that's only temporary. As long as the new actor is good and can inhabit the role, it doesn't take viewers long to accept the change, whereas a character who is already too old for the role becomes more and more that way every time there is a year between seasons and two months pass in story time.

ABSOLUTELY, the change will also take you out of the scene, but that's only temporary.

No, it ABSOLUTELY is not. Making Bran younger after four seasons will ruin all of his future scenes. There will always be a cloud hanging over them if they recast him. It was temporary for some with Daario because he was not a major character and has not had much screentime, but Bran is a major character and recasting him will cause even more people to not care about him than they do now. It would not be temporary in the slightest.

Archived