Would you wear your blue jeans for a year without washing them?

Fragile Bird

Leggings...

are not pants.

:leaving:

Sigh. Your judging of other people and laying out your opinions as fact is getting tiresome. Leave people be.

I actually bought some new leggings the other day from New Look, and they're a lot thicker, they almost feel like the same material as black trousers. As someone with a hip problem, who needs "pants" that allow movement and don't restrict too much (and these new ones that are thicker and so don't show your underwear to the world), these are perfect.

Eta: They still need washing after every wear though, imho. I used to hate being at school and only having one pair of trousers :ick:

Sigh. Your judging of other people and laying out your opinions as fact is getting tiresome. Leave people be.

I actually bought some new leggings the other day from New Look, and they're a lot thicker, they almost feel like the same material as black trousers. As someone with a hip problem, who needs "pants" that allow movement and don't restrict too much (and these new ones that are thicker and so don't show your underwear to the world), these are perfect.

Eta: They still need washing after every wear though, imho. I used to hate being at school and only having one pair of trousers :ick:

I'm wearing leggings now with a short ish top, all of my leggings are either black or quite thick, never see through and aren't at all like tights.

Ninja, once you warm the frozen jeans back to RT, it will reactivate the odor.

I steam mine and put them outside if it's sunny for some good ol uv rays. There's never enough room in my freezer, but I know a few guys who used to do that.

But, I am not out doing any sweaty labor in mine. And I typically wear dark denim, so you can't see if I spill anything (usually coffee). I also never wear my jeans an entire day. The second I walk inside, I put on pajama pants. I can't stand wearing clothes I wear out, inside. I only do lounge wear, and those I was every other day.

I have an issue with leggings. My daughter's school is full of little girls in regular length t-shirts and the $8 leggings from Target, that are completely see through. It's awful. That's not what they are made or designed for. Sometimes inside, the pants looks perfectly thick, no undies visible. Once you step outside, the sunlight tells a different story that only full butt black underwear can help hide.

Leggings with a tunic or mini dress are great and versatile. Sandals during the warm months and add boots and a cardigan over them for Fall/Winter. All for it, do it myself (I always add a layer of spanx underneath during the Winter. I'm always cold and it holds in the Winter weight gain, lol).

If you want to wear a shorter top, skip the leggings and go for a fitted yoga pant. They are made to not show your buttcrack through the material when you bend over. Or, go for ponte pants, which are a thick cotton stretchy pant, usually ankle length. Very comfortable and a lot more polished than the cheap, thin, cotton blend leggings in the Junior department at Target (unless you're going to wear a tunic, then buy the cheap ones). Also can be tucked in easily to boots. These are often cut a bit higher, which is a benefit, as it keeps everything from muffin topping all over.

Some people take what a "legging" is too far. I was at a party once and a chick was wearing white footless tights. She thought that since they didn't have feet, they were pants. It was so ridiculous.

I usually wear jeans for a week or so before washing. I wear them a lot too, most five times a week, but usually do not get any stains on them. I certainly would not wear them for longer than two weeks without washing, and even that is stretching it a little.

I agree with WW4NP in that leggings should not be see-through like tights if one means to wear them without something else over them, but I have no issue with them in general.

I see no difference between when I google "yoga pants" and "leggings", if anything, the yoga pants results are more "revealing". :idea: Explanation on what exactly the difference is? I would call any tight, stretchy, not-see-through pants reaching to the middle of the calf or to the ankle leggings.

I would call any tight, stretchy, not-see-through pants reaching to the middle of the calf or to the ankle leggings.

Same here. I just call all those stretchy trousers leggings.

I'm wearing leggings now and they're not see through or unflattering.

Who even wears see through leggings that show every lump and bump of the body? Not many people and if they do, w/e they're not hurting me.

Same here. I just call all those stretchy trousers leggings.

I'm wearing leggings now and they're not see through or unflattering.

Who even wears see through leggings that show every lump and bump of the body? Not many people and if they do, w/e they're not hurting me.

Well I saw a few girls wearing them to the dancing trainings and they were kind of revealing when bending over and such. But most, if they wear such leggings/tights, they wear a pair of shorts over them.

Of course it is not hurting anybody, I am just wondering if people wearing that are even aware of how revealing they are themselves and if they want it that way. :dunno:

Ooh I forgot, I have looooads of those patterened/aztec type leggings. Love 'em.They look really neat with my black t shirts.

I just have black pairs and generally wear them for dancing, and sometimes at home. I was thinking of getting some colourful ones to wear under a dress/skirt, because I do like that look, but I do not have enough confidence to try out something that new for me. And my daily jeans are quite comfortable. ;)

Here's a visual of the difference http://let3.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/yoga-pants.jpg?a62271

This is also an example of what an $8 legging looks like in sunlight, even if it doesn't indoors http://i.imgur.com/RwA1nbB.jpg

There was a bad batch of lululemon yoga pants that went out, and they were recalled for not being thick enough, this is what happened when they were stretched. They were considered to be too much like leggings (for the record, not a lululemon fan. Outrageously priced, but it's a good example of what doesn't pass in a yoga pant, but does in a legging) http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GRTir5x0wBU/0.jpg

Most leggings purchased for under $20, are not going to give you the proper coverage when you bend over and your butt puts some pressure on the fabric, lol. Have a friend take a pic of your butt bent over outside, or inside with the flash on, before you head out in them as pants, just to be sure.

Try these instead http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=912153022&vid=1&locale=en_US&kwid=1&sem=false&sdReferer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

I usually wash my jeans every 3 or 4 days, depending on weather/activity. Scotland's usually pretty temperate.

For those reluctant to wash them too often, there's always Febreeze. I use it to keep my body armour covers fresh between washes.

I think there's an assumption that everyone wears their clothing exactly the same way. I'm guilty of it too. I assumed no one would wear jeans on a steamy hot day except maybe folks involved in the building trades, who had to protect themselves from wood slivers, etc.

Expand that idea more and I can imagine folks wearing them to ride the bus or the train, where you don't know half the time WHAT you're sitting in.

:agree: I'm guilty of making that assumption as well.

I wear my jeans dayly, mostly outdoors, and although I take care of not soiling them on purpose, there are situations that exceede me.

I took seat in a bus this week and there was what it looked like dry barf over the window and floor. I imagined myself storing the jeans I wore that day in the freezer as a poster here said and lol.

Then I read your post and rethought it.

Also, I think there's some kind of agreement in this thread that not washing for a year a pair of jeans you wore constantly is filthy, no matter what kind of use you give them.

On the leggings matter, I'd rather wear joggings.

I have an issue with leggings. My daughter's school is full of little girls in regular length t-shirts and the $8 leggings from Target, that are completely see through. It's awful. That's not what they are made or designed for. Sometimes inside, the pants looks perfectly thick, no undies visible. Once you step outside, the sunlight tells a different story that only full butt black underwear can help hide.

Leggings with a tunic or mini dress are great and versatile. Sandals during the warm months and add boots and a cardigan over them for Fall/Winter. All for it, do it myself (I always add a layer of spanx underneath during the Winter. I'm always cold and it holds in the Winter weight gain, lol).

If you want to wear a shorter top, skip the leggings and go for a fitted yoga pant. They are made to not show your buttcrack through the material when you bend over. Or, go for ponte pants, which are a thick cotton stretchy pant, usually ankle length. Very comfortable and a lot more polished than the cheap, thin, cotton blend leggings in the Junior department at Target (unless you're going to wear a tunic, then buy the cheap ones). Also can be tucked in easily to boots. These are often cut a bit higher, which is a benefit, as it keeps everything from muffin topping all over.

Some people take what a "legging" is too far. I was at a party once and a chick was wearing white footless tights. She thought that since they didn't have feet, they were pants. It was so ridiculous.

:agree: Leggings are cute. Leggings are comfy. I wear 'em too. But they are not pants.

If I just ran out to the store in 'em or something where I wore them for only a few hours I would steam and wear my jeans again, but if I work in them all day I definitely wash them. I fear odors but also it's a fit thing.

I got to tighten those babies back up! :cool4:

Seconded on the ponte pants - they're great. I have a few pairs. Super comfy, flattering, and they launder well.

I wear jeans a lot, even in the hot Florida weather, if I'm going to be inside. So many places (especially grocery stores!) have the AC cranked so high it becomes physically painful for me to be in them for any extended period.

I dunno how other people stand it. My husband takes soooo long shopping. Sometimes I have to go outside for awhile just to warm up.

Archived