Would you wear your blue jeans for a year without washing them?

Fragile Bird

I think the mistake folks are making is that jeans shouldn't be worn in the heat of the summer. Summertime is for shorts and skirts and sundresses. There are few things as uncomfortable as a pair of jeans on a hot, humid day.

My jeans generally are worn on cool evenings, during the autumn, winter and early spring.

Sometimes I just don't want to slather on the sunscreen, and simply wearing shorts without it isn't an option; not with my history of skin cancer.

I like to wash my jeans on gentle, inside out, and hang them up to dry. I go 3 wearings between washings. Otherwise, they get TOO much to my shape, you know what I mean? Like, the wasitband gets a little crinkly, etc.

Mine do that, but after I steam them, and they dry off, they are still stretched to fit my body curves, but without the sagging or wrinkling.

I don't wash my jeans because I like them broken in to my shape. If they look too "loose" I use a steamer, and they shape back up but still keep the fit of my body. If you stick the jeans in a bag or pillow case and put them in the freezer, it gets ride of the smell.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but that's weird, gross and interesting at the same time

I wish people would stop attacking leggings. I love them. They're so versatile, and my body dislikes jeans. It would cost me more money than I have to find a pair that fit properly and comfortably. Plus I need the movement. (And this discussion always reminds me of Regina George: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_POt2KlfQ ).

I'm one of those people that washes everything after one wear, except hoodies, which can go a few days. I'm quite messy too - I drop food down me quite often :p My boyfriend used to leave his jeans for months, which I thought was utterly disgusting. Now he washes them every two weeks (which is still gross to me, but better, I suppose).

Ah, no. I might wear a pair of jeans twice, but that second day is if I'm staying at home. I can't wear unwashed items in public. Its just icky.

And Drac, I have a pair of jeggings (denim legging) that I bought last fall and I LOVE them!

I wish people would stop attacking leggings. I love them. They're so versatile, and my body dislikes jeans. It would cost me more money than I have to find a pair that fit properly and comfortably. Plus I need the movement. (And this discussion always reminds me of Regina George: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_POt2KlfQ ).

I'm one of those people that washes everything after one wear, except hoodies, which can go a few days. I'm quite messy too - I drop food down me quite often :p My boyfriend used to leave his jeans for months, which I thought was utterly disgusting. Now he washes them every two weeks (which is still gross to me, but better, I suppose).

I love leggings, and even..dare I say...jeggings. They suit me with what I wear them with anyway which aren't exactly crop tops.

Jeggings have become as troublesome as jeans, for me anyway. They bunch around the knee too much. Though they were no doubt made for much taller, and thinner, women than me :p

Where do you stand on washing jeggings then? They're not quite as thick as jeans, but when I used to wear them I would wash them after a couple of wears. I do have a pair now which are more sturdy, which could probably be left a few days before washing them - unless I drop tea down them, which I am wont to do :laugh:

Jeggings have become as troublesome as jeans, for me anyway. They bunch around the knee too much. Though they were no doubt made for much taller, and thinner, women than me :p

Where do you stand on washing jeggings then? They're not quite as thick as jeans, but when I used to wear them I would wash them after a couple of wears. I do have a pair now which are more sturdy, which could probably be left a few days before washing them - unless I drop tea down them, which I am wont to do :laugh:

I wash all my clothes after a couple of wears, denim jeans sometimes 3 wears, and tops almost always one wear.

Jeans aren't always very comfortable for me so leggings and jeggings work, though i prefer shorts and tights or long flowy skirts.

I wash my jeans every time I wear 'em. Blargh - I had no idea people wore 'em without washing them. They wrinkle, get stretched out...I can't imagine wearing them over and over again! Doesn't that smell?

I steam 'em before I wear 'em, too, but I steam all my clothes before wearing them. I love, love, love my steamer!

I wash them inside out. They dry faster that way, and it helps save them. Also, less chance of the rivets or zipper messing up other clothes that way.

i buy one pair of very good jeans every year, i probably wear them about 150-200 times and maybe wash twice, except if they get actual stains. the only reason i have to replace them every year is that i always blow the crotch out of every pair.

I think there's an assumption that everyone wears their clothing exactly the same way. I'm guilty of it too. I assumed no one would wear jeans on a steamy hot day except maybe folks involved in the building trades, who had to protect themselves from wood slivers, etc.

Expand that idea more and I can imagine folks wearing them to ride the bus or the train, where you don't know half the time WHAT you're sitting in.

When I wear my jeans, it's probably for a few hours at the most during the warmer months, and only in the cool of the evening. I'll wear a dressy top and jewelry and undoubtedly wear a higher heel or boots. Unless I spill a drink or food on them, they don't get stained, and I'm not going to sweat in them. My body's clean, so I'm not going to soil them. I take them off and hang them neatly for the next wearing, which may not be for another week or more. And I rotate them too.

Like I said, though, going a year without washing them is crazy.

Archived