Sansa's Controversial chapter

WalkerDragon

The chapter could be controversial in certain quarters of the fandom. No rape, no murder—that would exceed the certain quarters. At this point, my mind is kind of blank, though I do have suspicions that it may have been Show!Sansa's confession to the LD.

Maybe if in the books George is more dramaticizing about it and lays it on even thicker than Sansa does. I guess the show-Sansa turn from face to heel if fleshed out in the books would be controversial.

GRRM stated that he would never have a POV character raped thought their own POV. So if it's Sansas POV chapter that will be controversial then there won't a be rape. At least not from her POV.

Except for Dany in GOT on her wedding night...

Dany was subsequently raped by Drogo after the wedding, though it's related in a description of recent history, not dramatized as a present action.

Nonetheless, I don't for a second believe Sansa would be raped. Among other things, Elio described a chapter that "some" "might" find controversial. Sansa getting raped would, one imagines, attract considerably more debate than that.

The chapter could be controversial in certain quarters of the fandom. No rape, no murder—that would exceed the certain quarters. At this point, my mind is kind of blank, though I do have suspicions that it may have been Show!Sansa's confession to the LD.

This is what I think also, Royce and/or Lady Waynwood confront her on their knowing who she is and get side slap from Sansa that Baleish lied to protect her; but she is playing a longer game now.

This is what I think also, Royce and/or Lady Waynwood confront her on their knowing who she is and get side slap from Sansa that Baleish lied to protect her; but she is playing a longer game now.

And what longer game would that be? There lies the controversy. Why would Sansa defend LF willingly? This may, however, exceed the certain quarters term. It's hard to say, but what I do know is that I cannot stand Show! spoilers. I truly hope this isn't one, but it probably is. Not only is it controversial, but it also starts a new storyline: the exact reason why George pushed Alayne to WINDS. I suppose we'll know the answer in about 10 years...

And what longer game would that be? There lies the controversy. Why would Sansa defend LF willingly? This may, however, exceed the certain quarters term. It's hard to say, but what I do know is that I cannot stand Show! spoilers. I truly hope this isn't one, but it probably is. Not only is it controversial, but it also starts a new storyline: the exact reason why George pushed Alayne to WINDS. I suppose we'll know the answer in about 10 years...

I'm thinking she is putting Lysa's words together and getting a picture, she can't out him yet because of all his henchmen so she needs to play to get him in a compromising position, to out him.

I'm thinking she is putting Lysa's words together and getting a picture, she can't out him yet because of all his henchmen so she needs to play to get him in a compromising position, to out him.

Telling the truth to the LD appears to be the best approach to eliminating Baelish. If they know that he killed Lysa, his reign of terror will end. He is in an unstable situation currently. The words of house Royce are "we remember." If Sansa tells Bronze Yohn that LF poisoned Jon Arryn, pushed his Wife from a very high place, conspired against her family, and is currently planning on murdering the last living Arryn, I don't think Royce would be pleased. They were close to openly rebelling against Lysa when she refused to declare for Robb. The only reasons I can think of for Sansa to not screw him over is the fact that he pulled her out of KL and has powerful allies.

actually doesn't she say clearly the devil you know is better than the devil you don't on the show? besides, book sansa does think of petyr fairly postively, right? it's littlefinger she doesn't trust. how that plays out will be very, very interesting.

eta:

He was Petyr, her protector, warm and funny and gentle... but he was also Littlefinger, the lord she’d known at King’s Landing, smiling slyly and stroking his beard as he whispered in Queen Cersei’s ear. And Littlefinger was no friend of hers.

I have no place but here, Sansa thought miserably, and no true friend but Petyr.

I would love to see Sansa develop her own kind of madness.

Wouldn´t it be quite "controversial" if Sansa does not break out, kill LF/someone else, or become a player after all that time?

Thinking of her easy access to drugs (sweetrobin), her introverted personality /affinity to create her own world (unreliable narrator!), all the cracy stuff she went through, and permanent stress by sweetrobin and LF she might get a bit insane easily.

It would be super ironic if sansa starts getting a Lysa 2.0, LF never getting his Cat.

I would love to see Sansa develop her own kind of madness.

Wouldn´t it be quite "controversial" if Sansa does not break out, kill LF/someone else, or become a player after all that time?

Thinking of her easy access to drugs (sweetrobin), her introverted personality /affinity to create her own world (unreliable narrator!), all the cracy stuff she went through, and permanent stress by sweetrobin and LF she might get a bit insane easily.

It would be super ironic if sansa starts getting a Lysa 2.0, LF never getting his Cat.

Sansa getting into drugs would be crazy. And the House Arryn words, "As High as Honor," never sounded sweeter.

Sansa rode forth in strength from her haunted towers at Harrenhal, clad in black armor that fit her like an iron glove, her long red hair streaming.

I forgot, you’ve been hiding under a rock. The northern girl [sansa]. Winterfell’s daughter. We heard she killed the king with a spell, and afterward changed into a wolf with big leather wings like a bat, and flew out a tower window. But she left the dwarf behind and Cersei means to have his head.

My old ma used to say that giant bats flew out from Harrenhal on moonless nights, to carry bad children to Sansa for her cookpots. Sometimes I’d hear them scrabbling at the shutters

Ok, ok, I switched Sansa's name in for "Mad" Danelle Lothston in the first and third quote (but not the second one!). But there is a method to my madness. Bran Vras wrote an extremely compelling analysis of the relationship between Sansa and Harrenhal here http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Bat.html. She has always been tied to Harrenhal by blood (matrilineal Whent descent), and she's now closer than ever to the "Lord" of Harrenhal. The bat symbollism also directly ties her to Harrenhal. There is much more in the above link (I don't know Bran Vras, but if he's lurking around here, kudos for the awesome work).

I’m convinced by Bran that she will acquire Harrenhal. To do that, she likely needs to seduce and Marry Petyr before killing him. I think we’re about to see the first steps in this process. He thinks that she's his tool to gain the north, but alas, he'll be her tool to gain Harrenhal.

(I won't discuss the GoT series here on account of the rules, but anyone watching it knows why I would switch Danelle out for Sansa in the first quote!)

• 2 months later...

I used to think it was rape, but now I think the show gave the controversial part away already. In an older SSM GRRM said to a fan that LF's position in the Vale was not as secure as one might believe. So I think what happened in the show will happen in the books: Sansa will save LF after Bronze Yohn Royce makes his move against him by revealing her true identity and painting LF as her savior.

That would certainly qualify as "controversial" given LF's role in having Ned executed. It wouldn't surprise me if she started to acknowledge LF's desire for her and began taking advantage of it like she did in the show too.

Best Sansa theory I have found so far. Congtrats. I would actually like to read that, it seems to fit.

Not wanting to vengeance Ned.. The vengeance for the past is Arya, Sansa is more practical. It fits...

She wants to survive, built something. Especially when she will hear Rickon is alive, why risk it all for vengeance for Ned if she could use Littlefinger?

I’m convinced by Bran that she will acquire Harrenhal. To do that, she likely needs to seduce and Marry Petyr before killing him. I think we’re about to see the first steps in this process. He thinks that she's his tool to gain the north, but alas, he'll be her tool to gain Harrenhal.

The issue with this being that Harrenhal is worthless and there's no reason why Sansa would want to acquire it. Moreover, the scenario you describe is impossible for a several reasons, including that Sansa can't marry anyone, and Littlefinger does not currently possess Harrenhal in any tangible way, nor could the forces that hold it that are loyal to the Iron Throne give it to her.

The issue with this being that Harrenhal is worthless and there's no reason why Sansa would want to acquire it. Moreover, the scenario you describe is impossible for a several reasons, including that Sansa can't marry anyone, and Littlefinger does not currently possess Harrenhal in any tangible way, nor could the forces that hold it that are loyal to the Iron Throne give it to her.

Don't you need that Sansa simply MUST have sex with Littlefinger in order to "manipulate" him (either with her incredible virginal sexual skills which will make his brain melt, which can't be accomplished if she doesn't let his penis enter her vagina, or by marrying him for his non-existent hereditary rights, while forgetting about her own)? It doesn't matter that it doesn't make any sense! She just MUST do it! That will make her awesome and wise and badass, because she can't accomplish any of this without Littlefinger's penis! Get with the programme!

She wants to survive, built something. Especially when she will hear Rickon is alive, why risk it all for vengeance for Ned if she could use Littlefinger?

You mean, if she would know that LF betrayed her father, and that he is the responsible for Ned's demise and, IMO, death? She doesn't know what we know and people forget it far too often.

Don't you need that Sansa simply MUST have sex with Littlefinger in order to "manipulate" him (either with her incredible virginal sexual skills which will make his brain melt, which can't be accomplished if she doesn't let his penis enter her vagina, or by marrying him for his non-existent hereditary rights, while forgetting about her own)? It doesn't matter that it doesn't make any sense! She just MUST do it! That will make her awesome and wise and badass, because she can't accomplish any of this without Littlefinger's penis! Get with the programme!

Amen... I mean the feminist ideology pouring out of her not being able to do anything without LF's penis is amazing... :)

snip

Here. I think you will find the theory interesting.

BTW, Sansa does not need to marry or sleep with LF to accomplish anything. I know it is somewhat strange concept for some, but it is truth. Women indeed can have power without spreading the legs.

You mean, if she would know that LF betrayed her father, and that he is the responsible for Ned's demise and, IMO, death? She doesn't know what we know and people forget it far too often.

She knows:

-he murdered Jon Arryn and let her aunt write a trap letter to her father

-she also knows he killed her aunt after manipulating her for several years

-she knows he mas madly in love with her mother

-she knows he killed Joffrey and framed Tyrion

-she knows he manipulated Joffrey into things since he bragged about it

She has also mentioned 'littlefinger was no friend of hers'. She does not need rocket science to figure out he has played more games... The more he thinks she likes him the more he will want to brag and forget to grant her not to much information. Soon she will start puzzling, if she has not started already. Anyway she already has enough information to be in want of revenge.

My point is she will not act about it, perhaps even not try to find out more.

Archived