[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

teemo

- Bloodraven looked like they spent maybe five dollars on makeup and costume. Look at this art...does HBO even ask GRRM if something looks correct? Did they reuse the Carcosa labyrynth from True Detective?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/1/1d/Three_eyed_crow_Marc_Simonetti.jpg/375px-Three_eyed_crow_Marc_Simonetti.jpg

- Cersei revealing the incest was insane. It is shown in her POV in AFFC that she hasn't cared about anything but power since she was a little girl and was told of her doomed fate through a blood prophecy. If the season five rumors are true we will see Maggy the Frog in a flashback. Shouldn't Cersei be worrying about that a bit more?

- Children of the Forest played by a novice child actress. They have grenades straight out of an arcade game. The wights looked like the skeletons from Pirates of the Caribbean. Jojenpaste was almost all but confirmed with his death. I can't possibly see how his death isn't related to Bran tasting blood in the books. Another clumsy D&D spoiler? We'll see in a few years when book six comes out.

- Brienne beating The Hound when he is sober. Yet Sandor hungover and afraid of fire is able to beat Beric and his flaming sword. And how is Sandor going to become the hooded man with a broken leg? How the fuck are Sandor and ARYA STARK allowed to leave the gate? Arya is heir to Winterfell and a better match for SweetRobin than Sansa due to age. That also opens up Sansa for marriage to Littlefinger should Arya marry Robert Arryn. "Hey Lord Baelish...we let Arya Stark go when she showed up at the gate....that's okay right?". What?

- Tyrion whitewashed to death. What a boring character compared to the books. Instead of mudering Shae out of rage he has to kill her in self-defense. Tysha not being mentioned is another of D&D many abandoned plotlines to simplify things for viewers. Tyrion killing Tywin over Shae was ridiculous.

- Where's the setup for next season? They should have had Stannis offer Jon Winterfell. That's a major cliffhanger to torture fans with who haven't read the books. Or even have Stannis begin pushing The Watch to elect a new Lord Commander. Can you imagine if next season they stretch the election out across several episodes...?

- Another braindead foreshadowing attempt from D&D. "Will Gregor come back weaker?". "Oh no your grace.....muwahwahahaha". That scene should have come with cartoon music and thunder and lighting going off in the background. Maybe some wolves howling and an apprentice running into the room screaming "master! master! It's alive!!".

<rant begin>

what the fuck was that shit i just watched? yeah to the nonreader the season was good. to me, a fervent fan of the books, i was so disappointed. seeing the story come to life is awesome and all with technology these days, but i feel harry potter has covered more shit in their 7 movies than GoT has in 3 books/4 seasons! wow where to begin with this episode?

-like i wrote last week, why the fuck was dany, tywin, cersei and bran even in this finale? their stories END long before the battle for the wall in ASoS.

-the whole reason this season as a franchise has become amazing is due to the fact the first season= the first book. the second season somewhat equaled the third book. the third season somewhat equaled up until the red wedding. but this season was way out of context!

-why the fuck was theon's arc ever told so far in advance? Moat Cailin is book 5 stuff.

-why was bran's story ever fast forwarded? what they covered in the finale is ALL of bran in book five!!!!!!! what are D&D doing?! unless theyre setting up bran to meet coldhands, it was completely pointless!

-killing pyp and gren could maybe somewhat be justified in the show, but killing jojen?!?!?! i seriously don't understand this shit at all. (small correction, weren't those skeletons supposed to be white walkers anyways? and hodor was supposed to destroy one with his bare hands?)

- maybe im being too nitpicky because what i have read in the books is supposed to happen in the show?! idk what you call that, but i am truly disappointed.

-i thought the battle for the wall couldve been longer. no giants, no varamyr, no baby being born. why?!

- the fact that brienne finds arya and basically kills the hound/consequentially losing arya was the dumbest shit ever!

- dany chaining up her dragons is implied! we dont need to see her! and that shit with the child bones was okay, but didnt that happen in book 5 too?!

-seriously, no "where do whores go.." or "tywin does not shit gold"? best quotes by tyrion and we dont even get one of them

- seriously, no lady stoneheart? then why the fuck do you even care about the show if youre not even going to toss in the best cliffhanger ever?!?!

this season has been okay to the non reader but frustrating as fuck for an adamant book reader. everyone is in a different place from where they should be and although the fact that D&D met the major storylines, the way they went about them was useless and unnecessary. the whole motherfucking god damn reason i started reading the books was because of the red wedding! i have since read all 5 books and now i am a total book supporter rather than admiring what the crap hbo puts out for 11 weeks every sunday!

</rant over>

Also, Stannis just saved the Wall. WTF? Why make him eat Mance's shit with that "we do not kneel" crap? Can't just give Stannis his moment? Had to poop on the rug?

Uhm, you got it wrong. Stannis did not 'save the wall' in the show. He slaughtered a bunch of wildlings who were willing to spare the Night's watch on peace terms, because he's a villain. Just listen to the music.

Uhm, you got it wrong. Stannis did not 'save the wall' in the show. He slaughtered a bunch of wildlings who were willing to spare the Night's watch on peace terms, because he's a villain. Just listen to the music.

Meh, Jon was about to be murdered, taken prisoner, and we're one episode removed from seeing evil Thenn's and the Wildings attack the Wall. Stannis didn't seem evil, half villainous but I believe and hope D & D have been setting up Stannis for a redemptive arc.

- The COTF being actual children with magic grenades

- The pirates of the carribean skeletons swordfighting

- Cersei outing herself & Jaime to Tywin. If anyone would do that, it'd be Jaime, never her.

- The Hound vs Brienne. Brienne knowing about Arya.

- No Stoneheart.

In aDwD, Tywin never acknowledges the presence of Shae in his bedroom. I think the reader is supposed to question whether he was really sleeping with her, or if Varys planted her there, hoping Tyrion would give him the result that he did.

In the episode, Tywin acknowledges Shae, and Varys's role in planning the exact spot Tyrion would pop out of is downplayed. I think that was a mistake.

I've never been one to say that D&D need to stick religiously to the books. Some changes I've even liked. But this was a huge mistake.

You mean other than the part where his body burst into flames?

Also, seems relevant that right before he burned he was turning into a WW. Its possible that Jojen's visions- always unpredictable in interpretation- only saw his BODY go in flames. To Jojen, if he saw hmself burn, BUT did not see what happened right before, and saw his body move he could reasonably believe that he died in flames EVEN IF he was being transformed at that moment.

Jojen's death was perfectly consistent with the prior episodes.

So... are we saying that if you die and then become a WW, you're not really dead? Interesting. Hadn't really thought of that aspect before, but if that's the case, I suppose it's consistent.

In aDwD, Tywin never acknowledges the presence of Shae in his bedroom. I think the reader is supposed to question whether he was really sleeping with her, or if Varys planted her there, hoping Tyrion would give him the result that he did.

I've never been one to say that D&D need to stick religiously to the books. Some changes I've even liked. But this was a huge mistake.

IMO, the Varys planting Shae theory has always been a stupid one. Too many variables. Varys would have to know that Jamie was going to appear in his chambers and force him to help Tyrion escape. Then, he would have to know that Jamie and Tyrion would have a falling out over a very personal story involving Tywin. Then, Tyrion would have to randomly ask where Tywins chambers were, etc. It defies logic.

So... are we saying that if you die and then become a WW, you're not really dead? Interesting. Hadn't really thought of that aspect before, but if that's the case, I suppose it's consistent.

I don't think that's what he's saying. It's just that Jojen misinterpreted his vision - thought his body moving meant he was alive and that's when the fire took him rather than the fire taking him when he was reanimating.

Actually, Jojen's eyes were reflecting the firebomb. Which looked like a cartoon flare. -_-

Archived