[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

teemo

This episode was the end result of a terribly paced season. The show seems to be getting further and further away from the books, and the farther away it goes the less likely I am to continue watching.

This.

There were great episodes this season with awesome scenes and superb acting. However, how the whole season was put together, with some episodes being shorter than usual, left some things to be desired. GRRM's aptly named "butterfly effect" has turned into a hurricane that no one can control.

I don't know if this is a change, but does Jon know that Stannis was the king Ned supported in the books?

Im gonna go ahead and handwave that to Maester Aemon's Super Saiyan Knowledge Network. In other words, Jon knew that by peeking over Mormont's shoulders and Aemon telling him what was going on in the realm, cuz wynaut.

Whew. Thanks for creating this thread. There were many things I felt were improperly handled.

-Jaime and Tyrion's farewell was wrong. The truth about Tysha ignites Tyrion and sends him into a bloody rampage unlike anything we previously thought him capable of.

-Tyrion and Tywin and no where the whores go. Also I liked Tywin's biting "you are no son of mine" comment in the books.

-Brienne meeting Arya and wounding the Hound. Two fantastic female characters thrown into a contrived conversation about how they aren't typical women. Ugh.

-But possibly worst of all....Jojen dies outside the cave making me think Jojen Paste is true. Nooooooo!

What.the.actual.fuck was that Bran scene? Those LAME ass skeletons oh my god I felt like i was watching Army of Darkness (a parody). And the way Jojen got stabbed like did that just happen? I'm sorry but those skeletons will haunt me forever LOL. Also BloodRaven looked like Mr. Miyagi or something. And also what's up with those fire grenades. That scene lol i have no words...

No LSH yet again.. oh well i've given up on her appearance

Besides that the episode was beautiful but not THE BEST as D&D have stated.. at least not in my opinion.

I think it's fair to see that we need at least 15 episodes a season from now on because this is getting out of hand :(

I think it may be due to pacing, also most of the episodes ran 15 minutes short. They spent the entire season adding in things that weren't really necessary to the story (invented scenes with Pod and Brienne, Arya and The Hound) and then rushing to catch up on important plot points at the end. This whole season was just off to me. Where the last three felt like an epic movie, this felt like a disjointed effort.

So much to bitch about, so little time. This episode was awful, everything was too rushed, we didn't get any Tysha, Tyrion went from being a near Saint to cold blooded murderer in the blink of an eye.

So many great lines cut, maybe if there was less brothel scenes, less Craster's Keep crap, D&D could have done a better job with what was actually written instead of making crap up.

So much to bitch about, so little time. This episode was awful, everything was too rushed, we didn't get any Tysha, Tyrion went from being a near Saint to cold blooded murderer in the blink of an eye.

So many great lines cut, maybe if there was less brothel scenes, less Craster's Keep crap, D&D could have done a better job with what was actually written instead of making crap up.

Yup they had 20 episodes to get ASOS right and they did a mediocre job imo. Whatever still entertaining TV but what it could have been.

What.the.actual.fuck was that Bran scene? Those LAME ass skeletons oh my god I felt like i was watching Army of Darkness (a parody). And the way Jojen got stabbed like did that just happen?

I thought the exact same thing about Army of Darkness. I actually laughed...until the headless skeleton started stabbing Jojen.

This was a great episode for some story lines and terrible for others.

It was great for:

Jon and Mance and their appreciation of each other's fighting.

Stannis got his big moment as the King who Cares. I'm sure next season he will come out gangbusters.

Bran finally reaching the three eyed raven.

Showing us Cersei is flipping her lid already. Get those torches ready to burn the house down!

Dany chaining up her children to save children.

Arya denying the gift to the Hound. She discovered the worst way to hurt him was to say no. She had grown up and the lessons he taught her will serve her well in Braavos.

Jon's farewell to Ygritte - in the real North

It was meh for:

Bloodraven wasn't anything as described in the books. He looked like a fan drawing from the character listing on the wiki. Should have been more weird.

CotF being human looking didn't bother me, but the fire bombs looked a little fake.

Arya and Brienne discussing who they are. "I have a sword, I see you have one too. Aren't the manly?" Send in "Mulan", they took her lines.

Tywin and Cersei. Been there, heard that.

Hated:

The changes to the Jamie/Tyrion conversation. Why did Tyrion go to the Tower of the Hand? Who will tell Jamie Cersei is sleeping with anything in pants? Where is Tyrion's rage coming from? That omission has changed the entire canon of their relationship.

Jamie and Cersei, in the LC office, on the table. Where is Jamie's honor at being in the KG? How can he take her back after she's shoved him away for months? Doesn't he know she's one foot from the loony bin?

The changes to Tyrion/Shae/Tywin: if his anger comes from Shae asking "My lion?" when she thought it was Tywin, then she becomes just another whore his father stole (ala Tysha). If it was from her grabbing the knife then I can buy self defense. But it wasn't as vicious and raw as it should have been and that is a disservice to both the characters and the actors who play them. Dinklage and Dance are masters of their craft and D&D spoon fed us a way out. Poor form D&D, poor form.

I don't mind no LSH. If she's in next season I hope they give her the buildup and storyline to make the purists happy.

Where to start? They managed to white wash slavery? Tywin went out like a punk. Pacing was awful. Scenes that needed time were rushed, scenes that didn't need time were too long. Can't take 5 seconds for Stone Heart? No "doesn't shit gold", no Tysha. I'm not a huge Stan Fan, but not enough of him. I usually defend this show from unfair criticism...but fuck me.

Archived