[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

teemo

Jaime flinging the white book aside and fucking Cersei on the-- actually, you know what, I think the fault lies with me. It's unreasonable of me to expect a couple of guys making millions and millions of dollars off this show to recall these basic character virtues. I think those of you expecting the worst come out of this better than the rest of us.

- Bloodraven. The Dumbledore looking dude was lame.

- No Stoneheart was disappointing but I guess we'll get her next year, if we get her at all. Holding out judgment until I see what they decide to do.

Haha. Bloodraven was a bit underwhelming and he does look like Dumbledore.

I felt nothing when he told Bran that he will never walk, while reading about it almost made me cry. It was a powerful moment but it was unnecessarily rushed and poorly delivered.

No point in commenting on what they failed to show. Explosions are already happening here about that.

My nitpicks are:

- Stannis's army, though cool on how it charged against the wildlings, seemed larger than what he had at the Blackwater; he must have gotten a really big loan from the Iron Bank

- What is it with those people and building large pyres in confined areas?

- No Horn of Winter - the possibility of the Wall coming down is still not revealed to the viewer (instead we got Night's King earlier :bang: )

- I kinda liked the fight outside the cave but at the same time it bordered on the ridiculous - they should have had actual wights with blue eyes, not skeletons from Army of Darkness

- the reason why Tyrion went to Tywin's chamber - what was is it?

- It looked to me that Bloodraven had two eyes - I hope I did not see correctly

This was pure fanfiction, they can throw into trash everything except Wall scenes.

On what drugs where they when they said ''this was finest piece of script they wrote for the show''?

I don't mind no LSH, I didn't even count on that.

Just that Shae-Tyrion-Tywin encounter - trowing Tysha away and getting Tywin killed because of Shae was...that was just bad writing, no excuse whatsoever.

I did not like:

• No LSH (although, I will preserve judgement till the start of Season 5)
  • No mention of Tysha
  • No mention of Ser Alliser Thorne (is he dead?)
  • The overly long, unneeded Brienne vs the Hound
  • The Tyrion stuff was rushed

No Tysha?

I didn't like the Hound storyline for the last half of the seasons, I hated his duel with Brienne.

Why were the wights "pirates of the caribbean" kind of skeletons, they should have left them as normal wights (still I loved that scene)

And of course. no Sansa, I demand some more Sophie Turner :tantrum:

Jojen's corpse getting blown up with a COTF grenade actually made me laugh out loud. I love Jojen and all and was sad to see him go, but that shit was ridiculous.

Yeah, that looked a little bad, and what was up with BR? He looked like a guy who likes to sit in a nested root of a weirwood, not a guy becoming a weirwood, LOL

How bad was Jaime/Tyrions farewell? Seriously laughable

Tyrion: What are you doing here

Jaime: Here to rescue you

Tyrion: Really?

Jaime: Yea

Tyrion: Cool, thanks. Bye!

Wasn't much more than that :lol:

I'm stunned at the lack of LSH. Hopeful that she sneaks in early next season, but with the way they've messed up Brienne's story I don't see how it would all tie together. Brienne vs. the Hound broke my heart and part of me was secretly hoping they'd drop swords and start making out. Sorry. It's true. Still - he's alive.

Tyrion without Tysha makes sense for the show, but it's disappointing. Viewers will still think he's perfectly justified in what he did, but they will never know the beauty of "Wherever whores go."

Happy to see Varys visibly on the ship. At least maybe he'll be around.

I liked the sneak peek into Cersei's nuts/Qyburn's a psycho. All of the other Cersei was pretty bad. Very convenient that she confesses to Tywin hours before he dies.

Bloodraven was a huge, HUGE letdown. So you can create giants and fighting skeletons but the tree man is...an old guy in a tree? Naw.

Anyone else wait until the credits were over hoping there was some extra seen with Lady Stoneheart after them?

Yes.

Jaime flinging the white book aside and fucking Cersei on the-- actually, you know what, I think the fault lies with me. It's unreasonable of me to expect a couple of guys making millions and millions of dollars off this show to recall these basic character virtues. I think those of you expecting the worst come out of this better than the rest of us.

Ehh i thought the whole point of that scene was a semi-swapped version of the Dreaded Episode 3 Scene. At least i think that was the intention.

So Tyrion killed Shae largely in self-defense now?

For fuck's sake.

Pretty sure Tyrion was aiming to murder Shae just for seeing her in Tywin's bed. He was gonna do it anyway. His "Im...sorry..." didnt sound like a man who killed out of self defense, but a man who's mind snapped into many little pieces. His deadpan stare...wowzorz. If you guys took that to be self defense and that alone, wow dont know what to tell you.

Children of the Forest and the Hadoukens of Justice was a little...weird.

How bad was Jaime/Tyrions farewell? Seriously laughable

I thought it was great until he turned around and left without broaching the Tysha subject.

Just... what? Why even seed that to begin with if it's not going to come back at this one pivotal moment that destroys their relationship and instils Tyrion with the attitude he needs to execute Shae and Tywin?

I mean Christ, Shae's killing was pretty much self defense.

- No LSH

- Not sure why skeletons and not actual wights

- Jojen :(

- They seemed to make it important that the Hound got bit on the neck and didn't have Arya fix it up. I thought he was going to get infected, get weak, and fight some bandits and lose. I don't see the point in having Brienne fight him

- I feel like they could have done more with Shae and Tywin, seemed a little underwhelming.

These changes and omissions are really bumming me out...

Stannis felt like he was just slaughtering a bunch of people while they were eating dinner or something, him coming in the book was like a ray of light when all hope seemed lost. Honestly, he didnt even NEED to show up in the show. Mance gave terms for peace and promised nobody would get hurt and then big bad Stannis comes in to wreck that and gets butthurt when Mance wont kneel. The lengths D&D go to make unsullied hate him is astounding.

Jaime throwing the white book off the table to fuck Cersei seemed more than a little out of character.

Why was Tyrion even IN Tywin's chamber?? Why did he not ask about his precious Shae being in Tywin's bed and not safely on a boat across the Narrow Sea?

Are Brienne and Pod literally just there for comic relief? How did they manage to lose Arya? Did they even look for her?

And LS... I'm not even gonna say anything about that. The first half, aside from a few parts, was amazing though. Ygritte's funeral and the dragon's being chained was really touching.

Archived