[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

teemo

Normal thread....it's kind of like a safe haven to vent without being harassed, so if you don't like people who are critical of the show then maybe this thread isn't for you.

Maybe I should just park in here. The epi discussion thread ate my post anyway and just WOW......I dont' know where to start. It bookended well, The Wall (needed a bit more Stannis, I think, but all around it was good) and then Arya's ending, but just WOW and WTF??

Tyrion's reason to confront Tywin felt contrived. I mean, yeah, he was pissed about the whole sentencing him to death thing, but that doesn't feel like something that would make him, on the spur of the moment, risk his own escape. But the Tysha scenario does. Not only am I sad that they left it out, but I'm especially sad that they left out the falling out between Tyrion and Jamie. It would have been especially dramatic since they've been building up their relationship this season. Plus that confrontation was one of the most emotionally charged scenes for me.

Also how the hell did Brienne lose Arya like that? Go on top of one of those really high cliffs; if she runs in any direction you'll spot her. It felt very silly how easily she escaped him like that.

Oh and obligatory LSH. I actually waited through the credits for that.

I generally loved the episode but felt that even though Tyrion's story was great, it could have been way better.

- I really didn't like that they didn't mention Tysha during the Jaime/Tyrion and Tyrion/Tywin scene

- missed "wherever whores go"

- Jaime and Tyrion's fallout is one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the books. I wish they kept it.

The Cersei/Jaime scene in the White tower felt like a beginning of something and not an end of a story. It should have let to a fight between them. If the writers didn't want to go into that, they should have left the scene for next season.

I feel this thread is gonna blow up this week.

No Tysha. Goddammit D&D you already mentioned her, so its not like you're bringing her up out of nowhere.

I guess it's too fucking late for LS. She would make the perfect season finale cliffhanger. Or will people not care because she's not Tyrion, Arya or Dany?

Fuck.

Tyrion's reason to confront Tywin felt contrived. I mean, yeah, he was pissed about the whole sentencing him to death thing, but that doesn't feel like something that would make him, on the spur of the moment, risk his own escape.

His father sentencing him to death knowing full well he was innocent isn't reason enough? Hah.

Mine:

- Bloodraven. The Dumbledore looking dude was lame.

- No Stoneheart was disappointing but I guess we'll get her next year, if we get her at all. Holding out judgment until I see what they decide to do.

Tyrion's reason to confront Tywin felt contrived. I mean, yeah, he was pissed about the whole sentencing him to death thing, but that doesn't feel like something that would make him, on the spur of the moment, risk his own escape. But the Tysha scenario does. Not only am I sad that they left it out, but I'm especially sad that they left out the falling out between Tyrion and Jamie. It would have been especially dramatic since they've been building up their relationship this season. Plus that confrontation was one of the most emotionally charged scenes for me.

Totally agree. I loved the episode and didn't care about not having LS but Tyrion's story for the reasons you mentioned, was a bit of a let down. Quite surprising considering that Tyrion is one of the favourites. I would have expected them to spend more time on his scene.

Archived