Season 5 Casting v.2

Chebyshov

They did say they never wanted to add more characters than they did for the third season and that the cast would never be bigger than it was for that season. We will see if they stick to that.

Ah, interesting. Who were the new characters? Daario, the QoT, Shireen (or was she season 2), Selyse, Mance, Tormound, Orell, Jojen, Meera, Thoros, Qyburn, Blackfish, Edmure, Ramsay. So that's 14.

With what we know already, we're at 15, unless you don't want to count Young Cersei.

EDIT: I forgot Grey Worm and Krezzen. So S3 was at 16. Anyone else I left off?

They did say they never wanted to add more characters than they did for the third season and that the cast would never be bigger than it was for that season. We will see if they stick to that.

I forgot how much the cast ballooned in Season 3. If that's their upper limit, knowing what we know about the roles already stated to be cast for Season 5, that doesn't leave a heck of a lot of room for many more.

There were also several minor roles to add to the above Season 3 list: Mero, Anguy, Roslin, the Lannister kids killed by Karstark, etc. etc.

Ah, interesting. Who were the new characters? Daario, the QoT, Shireen (or was she season 2), Selyse, Mance, Tormound, Orell, Jojen, Meera, Thoros, Qyburn, Blackfish, Edmure, Ramsay. So that's 14.

With what we know already, we're at 15, unless you don't want to count Young Cersei.

EDIT: I forgot Grey Worm and Krezzen. So S3 was at 16. Anyone else I left off?

There's also beric.

I hardly think they are going to be that exact about it. But they did basically set the third season as the upper limit or so of how many featured cast members there can be.

The Myrcella business is settled by Ran and Ours is the Fury on wicnet both saying that Aimee DID re-audition.

The "who will be cut" business will become apparent, I think, as the casting news starts to come out. That ought to be soon now...

If we limit the criteria to "definite major recurring characters," the Season 5 list could shrink. Lollys could have all of one line, as Fat Walda did.

There are so many potential major characters that could be introduced in Season 5 that any omissions will be immediately and glaringly apparent. I suspect by the end of July we'll have a pretty good sense of what those omissions are.

If we limit the criteria to "definite major recurring characters," the Season 5 list could shrink. Lollys could have all of one line, as Fat Walda did.

There are so many potential major characters that could be introduced in Season 5 that any omissions will be immediately and glaringly apparent. I suspect by the end of July we'll have a pretty good sense of what those omissions are.

Exactly. And the fact that we've almost hit season 3'a number with minor character leaks shows us that their prior comment shouldn't be viewed so narrowly.

Exactly. And the fact that we've almost hit season 3'a number with minor character leaks shows us that their prior comment shouldn't be viewed so narrowly.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see much of Lollys. After all Bronn seems to be canoodling with some Sand Snakes, so I don't think he takes her to Dorne with him.

I also wonder just how prominent the Sand Snakes will be. That list of roles specifically stated that Doran and the High Sparrow would be appearing in several episodes but didn't say the same for the Sand Snakes. Their role this season could be more limited than we think.

I'm curious as to what the show will do with Myranda Royce. They could just rename her to avoid confusion, but I think it very strange that they would give Ramsay's girlfriend the same name as a character in upcoming books if they were still intending to cast that character.

I also wonder just how prominent the Sand Snakes will be. That list of roles specifically stated that Doran and the High Sparrow would be appearing in several episodes but didn't say the same for the Sand Snakes. Their role this season could be more limited than we think.

Who do you guys think will play Zahrina? she's my favorite character

They could just be in for three or four appearances, Newstar, first they stir shit that Doran has to try and mediate, second they have their plot and it fails. Then some sexiness and Doran gives a speech. That could well be all.

^_^ LOL, although speaking of on-the-nose casting and Tom Felton as Aegon...The Mortal Instruments book series is rumoured to be a plagiarized version of a Draco/Ginny fanfic, with "Draco" renamed Jace, the same character JCB plays in the Mortal Instruments series! So if JCB was cast as Aegon, "Draco" would still be cast as Aegon, albeit in a somewhat roundabout manner. :)

The author of the Mortal Instruments series was a writer of Harry Potter fanfic, a Draco/Ginny shipper, if I remember well, and a known plagiarist. She 'borrowed' from published authors in her fanfics, and when caught, she said she didn't know this wasn't acceptable. Sadly, she wasn't the only one to do this, and all said they didn't know this was wrong.

To stay on topic, I like Sam Claflin as Aegon, but I don't think he will be cast. If Aegon is cast, I think he will be an unknown actor.

And ... Hello ^_^ ! Been reading for a very long time, but never written before. Happy to be here.

They could just be in for three or four appearances, Newstar, first they stir shit that Doran has to try and mediate, second they have their plot and it fails. Then some sexiness and Doran gives a speech.

True enough. "Some sexiness and Doran gives a speech" pretty much sums up the Martells in AFFC/ADWD, LOL.

Archived