Season 5 Casting v.2

Chebyshov

If I am not mistaken, there has not been a single "flash back" sequence thus far in the entire series?

.. This feels unlikely because of that fact.

It would be unprecedented, aye. But we know they're looking for a Maggy the Frog, so the young Cersei rumors fit.

I think the producers really backstabbed Aimee Richardson. Recasts are so lame and make shows look very unprofessional imo but it is what it is. I have hard time seeing them leave out the POV characters, like Arianne, Victarion, the Damphair, and JonCon, so I think we'll be alright. But I think someone should shake D&D and tell them to stop dumbing the show down with silly unneeded action sequences. Sticking to the books will make fora much better show, but I think I preaching to the choir here....

If what people are saying here is true and she was given a second audition, It'd be fine with me. Maybe she just isn't a good enough actress for the role. I just hope they gave her a call and told her she was recast rather than her finding it out on the internet, which is cold blooded.

It would be unprecedented, aye. But we know they're looking for a Maggy the Frog, so the young Cersei rumors fit.

Someone suggested it would be a dream that Cersei had, so not technically a flashback, Sansa also had a dream.....no weirwood vision or anything, but a regular dream that might be how next season starts...which makes sense to me. But then, I'm REALLY stupid, so, take it for what it's worth, LOL.

Tormund has been built up a lot in S3 and 4, even got his own poster. But following the books he's barely in ADWD.

Because he's off in the wild and Val has to go find him. Whereas in the show they have him prisoner, rendering that entire plotline unnecessary and most likely setting him up to be the Wildling leader at the Wall after Mance "dies".

My desire to see Aegon cast is balanced against the entertainment value and sheer hilarity of reading this forum if they cut him from the adaption.

I can't imagine a meltdown over no Aegon. No Aegon, no Arianne, no Val, AND no Victarion, on the other hand...

If I am not mistaken, there has not been a single "flash back" sequence thus far in the entire series?

.. This feels unlikely because of that fact.

They are definitely doing Young Cersei. Lena said in an interview that she is motivated by a prophecy she heard when she was a child, and we know they are casting Maggy the Frog. So Young Cersei is in the bag, even if we ignore the rumors going around for it.

My desire to see Aegon cast is balanced against the entertainment value and sheer hilarity of reading this forum if they cut him from the adaption.

They added a romance between Missandei and Grey Worm, and you think they will cut the true Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne, also called "the biggest political twist of ADWD" ? Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

Someone suggested it would be a dream that Cersei had, so not technically a flashback, Sansa also had a dream.....no weirwood vision or anything, but a regular dream that might be how next season starts...which makes sense to me. But then, I'm REALLY stupid, so, take it for what it's worth, LOL.

You're not stupid, you were just wrong about that one thing. No need to overreact... In any case, your guess is probably correct.

I can't imagine a meltdown over no Aegon. No Aegon, no Arianne, no Val, AND no Victarion, on the other hand...

Aegon doesn't seem well-loved on the boards to me. I think no Manderly would cause the biggest uproar of the new characters we may be getting. Even moreso than Arianne.

I think you underestimate people's reactions. There has been a partial meltdown at the very hint that Arianne might not be cast. I think the Aegon reaction would exceed at least that.

Val, surprising enough, elicits a much stronger reaction than is perhaps warranted by her role in the story, but a lot of that I think comes because of people's hopes for her future importance. I personally think she will figure a lot less than many expect.

They added a romance between Missandei and Grey Worm, and you think they will cut the true Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne, also called "the biggest political twist of ADWD" ? Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

Weren't you the one that went on and on about how the showrunners did not want a seven season adaptation and never said as much?

I think you underestimate people's reactions. There has been a partial meltdown at the very hint that Arianne might not be cast. I think the Aegon reaction would exceed at least that.

Val, surprising enough, elicits a much stronger reaction than is perhaps warranted by her role in the story, but a lot of that I think comes because of people's hopes for her future importance. I personally think she will figure a lot less than many expect.

I say the fewer Martells cast the better, LOL. I don't see how they can get around Aegon unless GRRM is planning to randomly kill him before he accomplishes anything like he did Quentyn, otherwise another Targaryen claimant to the throne who has, if he's legit, a technically superior claim to Dany, and an army, and has gotten his ass to Westeros..... would be impossible to cut.

People will flip out if there is no Manderly though, you can count on that.

Yeah, I think the fans who were hoping Val would be Mrs. Jon Snow would not take it well.

I never got the sense that Aegon was all that popular, so I can't see some big uproar at his omission, even if it would blow several theories out of the water.

If they cut Vic I'm done with the show.

Sorry bro, it doesn't look good. Prepare your bags, we will know soon enough.

I think the major new players of season 5 will be:

-Doran with an increased role

-Manderly or the Umber that may replace him (though I guess they could just bring the Greatjon back...). I still have hopes for a proper Manderly, though.

-Euron. I think he's in, but the two other Greyjoy brothers not so much. It's possible that the character we'll see will be some sort of combination of all of them, or two of them. Maybe Victeuron.

-Aegon. I don't see how they can cut him, he seems important to the endgame and Varys wouldn't make sense without him. JonCon is probably in too.

-Fake Arya, be it Jeyne Poole or some random northern girl. She isn't really a major player, but she is certainly a piece that everyone will be fighting over going into TWOW and without her you can wish away Theon's character development.

I have given up hope for Arianne and Victarion for now, and I think Quentyn will be combined into Trystane. Hopefully I'll be surprised.

Getting no Wyman Manderly would piss me off way more then them not including LS at all. Funnily enough, I don't really care about Arianne but each to their own. It's only normal that there would be uproar over cutting characters with somewhat bigger role in ADWD. Hell, if they're gonna have Areo Hotah and 3 sandsnakes, why not Aegon or Manderly?

Would the reaction to no Manderly be the same if they simply gave his lines and role to an Umber? Just because there is no character with the name does not mean they have to eliminate "The North remembers" and Frey pies.

It has nothing to do with the subject. It's a topic about casting here right? There is no reason for them to cut Aegon, who is a major political twist in book 5 (with consequences for Daenerys, Tyrion and the whole Westeros politics for the two last books).

And I never said the showrunners did not want a seven season adaptation, I said it was not a definitive opinion. We'll talk about that in a few months (or maybe a year) when we'll have worldwide headlines saying "Due to its success, Game of thrones will have 8 seasons !". Season 4 gave us good clues that they don't want to rush, and commercial reasons are another proof that they have absolutely no reason to rush such a successfull series. In the topic about the number of seasons, people kept saying that season 4 was gonna end deep in book 4, and now we know it was wrong (except for Sansa). Jon's election as Lord Commander has been pushed to next season, like Lady Stonheart and Brienne's journey and so much more. Should I go on? Is that the topic?

Archived