Season 5 Casting v.2

Chebyshov

Awww, Aimee Richardson. I'm so sad for her. She's always been very much present in the fandom, a real enthusiast. This has got to hurt, especially after that picture she posted where she put the crown on her head. She really expected to be back, it seems.

Not that I blame D&D. They probably had a good reason for recasting, but still... Aimee was such a champ.

LOL. Why not blame D&D? Unless the actor leaves for another project then recasting is on them.

Recasting Myrcella is just cold - unless Aimee is an absolutely terrible actress there's really no reason to. I mean I know that GoT is known for it's great cast and for the most part I'd agree, but it also has some merely decent actors as well as a couple who in my opinion really can't act at all. Surely Aimee gets past the bar.

ETA:

LOL. Why not blame D&D? Unless the actor leaves for another project then recasting is on them.

Sure, but some people assume D+D have a good reason for everything. There's no logical reason for this though.

OMG. WTF. IIRC. LMFAO.

Okay.

Because I don't think they're jerks who fire people because hey why not. There's probably a strong reason for this, we don't know. I won't point fingers without knowing anything conclusive. Anyway, what do we really know about Aimee's acting abilites? Nothing. She had something like 3-4 lines in the entire show. If there's Myrcella's increased presence in S5 which requires some serious acting chops, it may well be that Aimee's not up to the task. For all we know, maybe they did have a closed audition with her and she just wasn't all that good.

As I said, I'm bummed about this as well.

OMG. WTF. IIRC. LMFAO.

Okay.

Because I don't think they're jerks who fire people because hey why not. There's probably a strong reason for this, we don't know. I won't point fingers without knowing anything conclusive. Anyway, what do we really know about Aimee's acting abilites? Nothing. She had something like 3-4 lines in the entire show. If there's Myrcella's increased presence in S5 which requires some serious acting chops, it may well be that Aimee's not up to the task. For all we know, maybe they did have a closed audition with her and she just wasn't all that good.

As I said, I'm bummed about this as well.

Sorry, that makes no sense.

Either she can act or not. If she can't act, why did they cast her in the first place?

They already know the story so knew her role increases from the beginning. The same goes for recasting Tommen. If he couldn't act or they were going to have a problem with his age, why did they cast the first actor to begin with? Why have we had three Mountains? And so on.

Because stuff happens, things change. It is possible that the whole Queenmaker thing didn't have Trystrane and Myr falling in love originally (perhaps some heavy scenes). If the actor is deemed inappropriate, then it is the best thing to get one is more well equipped or appropriate.

Either she can act or not. If she can't act, why did they cast her in the first place?

They already know the story so knew her role increases from the beginning. The same goes for recasting Tommen. If he couldn't act or they were going to have a problem with his age, why did they cast the first actor to begin with? Why have we had three Mountains? And so on.

Because real actors cost money? Myrcella and Tommen were completely inconsequential characters in the first three/four seasons; they're essentially wallpaper, like Rickon (though it turns out Art is a good actor!). Of course they wouldn't cast excellent child actors for background roles with barely any speaking lines. Now that it's needed, well...

As for the Mountain, we'll never know the full truth, but there have been some rumours about Conan being a difficult guy to work with.

Realities of production.

Also gives us our first concrete example of her ability to create glamors for people... which probably are in play when it comes to her appearance, too.

Where does the whole 'Mel is old' thing come from?

As for the Mountain, we'll never know the full truth, but there have been some rumours about Conan being a difficult guy to work with.

Realities of production.

He jumped ship for a role that he thought would be better didn't he? Foolish move.

The person who wrote the pink letter is the name on it, it was ramsay. It is his writing style and his type of language. He most likley thinks he has won, stannis probably faked his death and allowed manderly to bring his sword to ramsay. Now he is trying to get his reek and bride back so he sent the letter to Jon assuming they are with him.

I agree. I hate the whole "x wrote the letter" theories. It would be a lame twist, IMO.

Because real actors cost money? Myrcella and Tommen were completely inconsequential characters in the first three/four seasons; they're essentially wallpaper, like Rickon (though it turns out Art is a good actor!). Of course they wouldn't cast excellent child actors for background roles with barely any speaking lines. Now that it's needed, well...

Realities of production.

LOL. They do? Did Maise Williams "cost money"? Did Sophie Turner even cost money? You are making excuses for D&D's poor planning and lack of foresight. Unknown child actors are not expensive, whether they can act or not. Jesus, they hired Emilia Clark out of acting school, do you think she "cost money" at the time? Or Kit Harrington? No one had ever heard of any of these people before GOT so the idea that the show couldn't have afforded the right Tommen and Mycella to begin with is laughable.

LOL. They do? Did Maise Williams "cost money"? Did Sophie Turner even cost money?

OTOH. ASAP.

Yes, they most certainly cost money. What, do you think they work pro bono? They make more money than you, your brother, your sister, and your parents by a fair margin, I'd say. Callum Wharry and Aimee Richardson, on the other hand, probably got next to nothing for their roles.

Yes, they most certainly cost money. What, do you think they work pro bono? They make more money than you, your brother, your sister, and your parents, I'd say. Callum Wharry and Aimee Richardson, on the other hand, probably got next to nothing for their roles.

You said real actors cost money. So, presumably you mean that "real" e.g. good actors such as Maise and Sophie cost more money than the presumably bad actors cast as Tommen and Mycella, otherwise I have no idea what you may have meant by your comment, other than to excuse D&D for bad casting choices that they continually are having to correct as they go along.

You said real actors cost money. So, presumably you mean that "real" e.g. good actors such as Maise and Sophie cost more money than the presumably bad actors cast as Tommen and Mycella, otherwise I have no idea what you may have meant by your comment, other than to excuse D&D for bad casting choices that they continually are having to correct as they go along.

Aimee and Callum weren't hired because they were actors really. They were hired to portray characters intended as background wallpaper, and who cost next to nothing to put on screen. I'm not saying this to slight them, as I have utmost respect for their contribution to the show, especially Aimee's.

It's ludicrous to think they'll hire great kid actors, and pay them accordingly, for roles that don't warrant it.

LOL. They do? Did Maise Williams "cost money"? Did Sophie Turner even cost money? You are making excuses for D&D's poor planning and lack of foresight. Unknown child actors are not expensive, whether they can act or not. Jesus, they hired Emilia Clark out of acting school, do you think she "cost money" at the time? Or Kit Harrington? No one had ever heard of any of these people before GOT so the idea that the show couldn't have afforded the right Tommen and Mycella to begin with is laughable.

They never expected the show to run 5 seasons, though. When they were doing season 1, I bet they thought of just casting whichever Tommen and Myrcella look right and cost the least. Back in season 1 they had a significantly smaller budget.

I get why they recast Tommen, but Aimee was good enough and much more involved in the show (Tommen's actor probably never watched an episode and was hardly more than a featured extra). Myrcella had a crying scene and some lines. The kid is rather stupid in the books, it's not like they HAD to expand her role to something that requires a better actress. This really depends on TWOW material.

They never expected the show to run 5 seasons, though. When they were doing season 1, I bet they thought of just casting whichever Tommen and Myrcella look right and cost the least. Back in season 1 they had a significantly smaller budget.

I get why they recast Tommen, but Aimee was good enough and much more involved in the show (Tommen's actor probably never watched an episode and was hardly more than a featured extra). Myrcella had a crying scene and some lines. The kid is rather stupid in the books, it's not like they HAD to expand her role to something that requires a better actress. This really depends on TWOW material.

Like I said lack of foresight.

I am not buying that there is any kind of wide variance in the cost of unknown child actors ranging in age from 8-14. If they are recasting those roles it speaks to poor casting choices made initially and to blame it on budget is not realistic, because there is just not going to be an appreciable difference in the cost, especially since every one of the child actors and most of the leads were unknowns.

I don't know why people make excuses for D&D in things like this which were clearly within their control. If somebody leaves for a movie role, they may not be able to stop that. If they recast their own choice because the first choice is not the right age or skill level...that is their fault and it is complete BS to say they couldn't have afforded the "right" choice in season 1. Good lord, I'm actually quite sure there are tons of talented actors who would work for free to get exposure on HBO if it was allowed, LMAO.

That burning Mance thing is something I hope to R'hllor that they avoid. Glamour or no glamour, it's so much easier to just not fake kill him.

You have to be high to think D & D would miss up an opportunity for Stannis to burn someone. Bet it's going to be for 'being an infidel' .

I am not buying that there is any kind of wide variance in the cost of unknown child actors ranging in age from 8-14.

Whether you buy it or not isn't really anyone's problem but yours. Maisie and Sophie probably get tens of thousands of dollars per episode. Aimee and Callum? A couple grand maybe? Probably even less. They were hired because they cost next to nothing while being good enough actors for their small roles.

Honestly I'm pretty tough on D&D, but you people on this whole recasting Myrcella thing are just ridiculous.

It's like you think they're some mustache twirling villains who spends all day figuring out ways to screw over a little girl actress.

You have no idea what is required of the role in the upcoming season and you have no idea based on Richardson's performance so far whether she is up to the task.

But no, it must be because these guys are idiots or these guys are mean.

It's pathetic.

Whether you buy it or not isn't really anyone's problem but yours. Maisie and Sophie probably get tens of thousands of dollars per episode. Aimee and Callum? A couple grand maybe? Probably even less. They were hired because they cost next to nothing while being good enough actors for their small roles.

Do you have any evidence to offer that HBO couldn't afford the right Tommen and Mycella at the beginning? Again, the idea that even a few thousand or tens of thousand dollars would make any kind of difference to a show that costs tens of millions is laughable, but I see that you simply are unable to admit that D&D make mistakes and that the problem with recasting isn't that poor D&D didn't have the money for the right actors, but that they CHOSE the wrong actors.

Archived