Top 5 people you'd like to see on the Iron Throne at the end.

Only using characters that are still alive. In my opinion the best potential kings are already dead.

1. Aegon VI

2. Arianne Martell: a combination of 1 and 2 would be great

3. Tommen

4. Myrcella

5. Stannis: I don't think he would be a good king but he has much better claim and ability than most everyone else not on this list. I'm counting on good advisers helping make Tommen and Myrcella into good rulers.

Also Roose Bolton for King in the North!

Living characters only? Nothing all that new, in no particular order.

Jon

Tyrion

Myrcella

Littlefinger (but, I'd rather he died a horrific death)

Sansa

To go straight "Dark Knight", I'd say the King the 7 Kingdoms Needed is Tywin, but the King they deserved was Ned.

Assuming there's still a throne, in this order:

1. Daenerys - although I think she may return to Essos to her "children". Should keep Missandei close to her

2. Olenna Tyrell - She's smart and she'd be much better than Robert, Cersei and Joffrey

3. Myrcella or Tommen - If they had a good Hand, like Doran Martell, Davos or Olenna, they'll make good rulers

4. Jon Snow - I think he belongs at the wall, but he'd make a good ruler as well, with Davos as the Hand

5. Aegon - I don't believe he's fake, I hope he's not. Davos should be his Hand

Under no circumstances should Stannis be on the IT. That would be the worst thing for Westeros. With his entitlement, sorcerer and sacrifices, the realm would be like the Spanish Inquisition.

Assuming there's still a throne, in this order:

1. Daenerys - although I think she may return to Essos to her "children". Should keep Missandei close to her

2. Olenna Tyrell - She's smart and she'd be much better than Robert, Cersei and Joffrey

3. Myrcella or Tommen - If they had a good Hand, like Doran Martell, Davos or Olenna, they'll make good rulers

4. Jon Snow - I think he belongs at the wall, but he'd make a good ruler as well, with Davos as the Hand

5. Aegon - I don't believe he's fake, I hope he's not. Davos should be his Hand

Under no circumstances should Stannis be on the IT. That would be the worst thing for Westeros. With his entitlement, sorcerer and sacrifices, the realm would be like the Spanish Inquisition.

I've called it the Stannis Inquisition before.

That said, if he can break with Mel, torture and burning people, he has been pretty Kingly since heading North.

I've called it the Stannis Inquisition before.

That said, if he can break with Mel, torture and burning people, he has been pretty Kingly since heading North.

For me it's not just the Mel factor. Time and again he's demonstrated a rigid sense of duty and justice. He's like Robert Mugabe, he doesn't stray from his set of morals but that's not necessarily a good thing. I can never get over the moment he was even considering burning Edric Storm because he was the one true king and had to take back his kingdom. R'hollor, the entitlement! As Davos said, the life of one bastard boy against an entire kingdom is everything.

For me it's not just the Mel factor. Time and again he's demonstrated a rigid sense of duty and justice. He's like Robert Mugabe, he doesn't stray from his set of morals but that's not necessarily a good thing. I can never get over the moment he was even considering burning Edric Storm because he was the one true king and had to take back his kingdom. R'hollor, the entitlement! As Davos said, the life of one bastard boy against an entire kingdom is everything.

Yeah, agreed somewhat. I was kind of using Mel as an embodiment of the whole zeal/R'hllor/messianic thing.

Archived